Aa Employees

Thank's for responding! I already know that AA may not be the perfect airline but I have always admired and respected AA not only because it is one of the largest and most important airline serving the caribbean but my very first flying experience was with American in '92 when I was 11 years old and at that time I had an interest in airplanes but after that first flight I was so impressed with the size of the airline and the kind helpfull employees that assisted my family and I especially when we missed our connecting flight from SJU to JFK I became very curious not only how American opperates but how the commercial aviation industry is structured in the rest of the world so I have read plenty of books, magazines and websites about this. I am a little nervous but I will implement the tips that were recommended and fight for this job. Once again thank you for the tips and I will get back to you about the experience. TC

Well good luck to you!
It appears you have received some good advice after all.
Hope to see you on board.
Dennis

LiveInAHotel said:
. . . you will soon see why American Airlines is known as the Sky NAAzis.
How out of touch you are.

In my experience, the fat-headed, power-hungry AA FAs are known as the Sky Nazis, not the airline itself.

At UAL, the term is Prison Matrons.

Garfield1966 said:
goingboeing said:
oldbscaler said:
My friend,
You have come to the wrong place looking for advice. Most people on this board are bitter employees or fouloughed employees, and it is a very unhappy place. For the most part it is the same people preaching to the choir.
While I know nothing about the PSA interview. I wish you the best of luck. We probably need a few up beat people around here. I used to fly Chicago- Barbados years ago. Neat place. Good luck.
Dennis
If any AA employees are bitter on this page it is courtesy of AA management.A manager or management team creates an enviornment for people to work in and has an effect on the attitudes.This is why a baseball team fires the manager and not the team.AA has the employee attitudes that it deserves.
Yea, that must be it. It is always the managements fault. Employees never share any responsibility in their destiny. We are after all just mindless drones doing as we are told.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
I have ABSOLUTLEY no say in the stupid decisions that are made each day by AA management.I can write a book on examples of the waste I've seen in my time at AA.One example: A supervisor tells a crew on dayshift to install the overhead air cond duct on an MD80.The next shift has to remove[uninstall]the duct because the required repairs necessary before installation have not been performed.Never mind that the moron wouldn't listen to his C/C or mechanics.I can list hundreds of these and I had absolutely no say so in the initial installation of the A/C duct.This decision was MADE BY MANAGEMENT.

Yea, and when I think of it I cannot come up with a single instance in close to 20 years of service where I saw an AA employee steal (in one fashion or another), violate policy, or commit any other such transgression.

Like I said, management is not perfect but the employees sure as hell ain’t innocent either. Hell, a few of them are on this board. We are just mindless drones. Don’t pretend that your sh!t does not stink.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goingboeing said:
oldbscaler said:
My friend,
You have come to the wrong place looking for advice. Most people on this board are bitter employees or fouloughed employees, and it is a very unhappy place. For the most part it is the same people preaching to the choir.
While I know nothing about the PSA interview. I wish you the best of luck. We probably need a few up beat people around here. I used to fly Chicago- Barbados years ago. Neat place. Good luck.
Dennis
If any AA employees are bitter on this page it is courtesy of AA management.A manager or management team creates an enviornment for people to work in and has an effect on the attitudes.This is why a baseball team fires the manager and not the team.AA has the employee attitudes that it deserves.
could not agree more-

Garfield1966 said:
Yea, and when I think of it I cannot come up with a single instance in close to 20 years of service where I saw an AA employee steal (in one fashion or another), violate policy, or commit any other such transgression.

Like I said, management is not perfect but the employees sure as hell ain’t innocent either. Hell, a few of them are on this board. We are just mindless drones. Don’t pretend that your sh!t does not stink.

"No spin here by justifying bad behavior with more bad behavior" --Bill O'Reilly

Wow,
Andre, don't be discouraged by this board. Even though the company culture is not the greatest, I have found that AA employees are some of the greatest people I have ever known.
If you haven't been to the interview yet, my advise is smile, smile, smile. Listen to what veryone is saying, be first at times, and when you are not comment in a positive nature about something that is said. Play up American AIrlines, ask for the job, state your flexibility and dress up!
Will you let us know if you got the job? I fly into BGI all the time, would love to say hi! Good luck and I will say a little prayer for you. :up:

goingboeing said:
Garfield1966 said:

"No spin here by justifying bad behavior with more bad behavior" --Bill O'Reilly
Ah, so you admit that employees have bad behavior as well. That's all I was looking for.

Garfield1966 said:
Like I said, management is not perfect

Management isn't perfect! They're the ones who set the tone for the entire work force at AA. They expect us to treat them with respect and then they don't give it back...yeah right! The management attitude started a long time ago and the management-employee relations have never been good here at AA. This airline is run by a bunch of money hungry a$$holes who only want one thing...$$$$$$$$, in their pockets!

You didn't work here long enough to see how this all began. Instead of wasting your time here you should be here looking for a new job Airline Jobs, Airline Jobs, or here Airline Jobs.

BTW, do you need some cheese for that whine?

mweiss said:
One can only point fingers for so long before one becomes part of the problem.
This attitude is brought to you courtesy of AA management. There are a whole lot more like me where I've come from. ADAE= Angry Disgruntled Airline Employee

goingboeing said:
This attitude is brought to you courtesy of AA management. There are a whole lot more like me where I've come from. ADAE= Angry Disgruntled Airline Employee
Then get a new freaking job. I'll never understand how people like you and hotel boy et al, who seem to despise this company and yet continue to work for it. You think it’s going to get better in the near future? How about in the next 10 years or may be 20 years?

Piss or get off the pot boys.