Iam Vs Twu Contract

barbeetantrums said:
Thom, I know Pat and Jim. I know you. You are a great guy and a joy to work with. I love ya. You're the man. You are a bag-stacking sex machine. You don't complain, you are always in a good mood, you know what it takes to get the job done, you never fall asleep in the breakroom and miss your flights. You are an all-around good guy. My problem with all of this is that asking these questions on an internet forum exposes our soft belly to the IAM AND management. The best way to get stomped on in this life is to reveal that you and your posse don't know anything. Fact is, Thom, we're gonna get hosed by IAM and we're gonna let it happen. There won't be even a whimper. We're gettin' hosed, Thommy... we're gettin' hosed. It's not your fault so don't think I'm saying that. I'm saying that we are rolling over. Look at the good news: We'll make better pay under the IAM contract. And I just saved a load of money by switching to Geico! :)

This is my final word on the subject. I'm gonna let it go, keep on movin' and accept whatever happens. :)
[post="292655"][/post]​
I have no idea who this Thom is and I have no idea who the barbee is all I know is either of you dont know jack sh*t. Who appointed who to this merger committee? The fact is under IAM you LOSE vacation, sick time, holiday pay, free parking, and not to mention all those field stations that we have friends in will be GONE!! IAM sucks!!! yeah look at the money and look at the benies well be loosing. TWU is negotiating a contract as we write and all of you who think you know something better look into things closely. Barbee you tell thom to stop saying things on this web page you need to as well!! The fact is if you want continued pay cuts vote IAm otherwise shut up!!!

NevadaHP said:
I have no idea who this Thom is and I have no idea who the barbee is all I know is either of you dont know jack sh*t. Who appointed who to this merger committee? The fact is under IAM you LOSE vacation, sick time, holiday pay, free parking, and not to mention all those field stations that we have friends in will be GONE!! IAM sucks!!! yeah look at the money and look at the benies well be loosing. TWU is negotiating a contract as we write and all of you who think you know something better look into things closely. Barbee you tell thom to stop saying things on this web page you need to as well!! The fact is if you want continued pay cuts vote IAm otherwise shut up!!!
[post="292704"][/post]​

My name is not barbee. A barbeetantrums is a thing or event. Perhaps that is where the confusion lies. You can call me Uday Hussein al-Tikriti. Yeah, the IAM contract does suck but is there going to be a pay scale that even comes close? The people at US fleet service are going to be looking for dollars. The other bennies like vacation and sick days are great but dollars are tangible. That is human nature. Dollars are what feed the kids. The guys at the field stations will be screwed with the IAM contract but the guys at the US hubs have already shown that they don't give d*ck about the guys at field stations. This contract will need a much higher pay scale to make things doable and then you will need to take it to the mountain. It will need a sell-job. I never said I was voting for the IAM contract. I am voting for the TWU contract and I have stated such here. Keep Thom out of this. He's a good man. THAT is my last word so don't bother responding.

Here is IAM 101 for you, as evidenced in the BK contract 2.1

1. Do not appoint anyone from a station you are about to screw to any committees, especially negotiating. It's preferred to have members on the NC who do not even know folks in the about to be screwed locations.

2. Keep all info under wraps. While understandable that details cannot be discussed, as they change during negotiations, do not even disclose WHAT major points (seniority, furlough, recall rights) are subject to change.

3. Do not poll the membership on their ideas (the IAM did not poll the membership during any of the two BK periods).

4. Create an agreement that favors just enough large stations (with the votes to carry the issue) and throw the rest overboard. Esablish and maintain class I and class II stations.

5. Then announce an agreement could not be reached, present the membership with the company's 'final offer' (after you tie up the informational meeting with how you 'improved' the 'final offer'). Use the last two minutes of the meeting to field questions about striking. Answer with "it depends," "We'll get back to you" or "That's a good question."

6. Use legalese and semantics to avoid making the yes or no recommendation required by the IAM by laws.

7. After the large stations vote yes and carry the issue, blame the membership for not having the stones to strike.

8. Repeat as needed to maintain the dues structure.

thom said:
I currently work for awa and have been there for about 20 yrs and I am on the merger commity to try and brings iam and twu together. I have seen the contract for iam and with comparing both contracts twu has alot more to offer. I do realize that the pay scale at us air is higher the at awa but we are currently in the process of getting a new contract. The big issue with alot of the rampers is the seniority issue. Since US has been around alot longer then AWA senioity there will be alot higher then at awa. We are trying to figure a way to compine the seniority so that it won't favor on group over the other. We have heard the you use you seniority when you non rev on flts? Is this true or not? We wre also thinking about a globle seniority and a hub seniority and maybe even a station seniority. Plz give me your feed back on what you think is fair for everyone and hopefully we can work together to brings the 2 unions together in a fairly simple way
[post="290495"][/post]​

Who else is on this merger commity?

barbeetantrums said:
Please tell Pat and Jimbo to call IAM District Lodge 141 at 847-640-2222 to ask these questions. It's time those guys showed some initiative and stopped sitting around with their thumbs up their butt. Both need a swift kick in the ass.
[post="290688"][/post]​
If you are a TWU 580 member like me you should go to the next meeting which is next Tuesday at the union hall 1635 w university #126 and TELL THEM YOURSELF!!!!!!! remember a union is only as strong as its MEMBERS so participate.

I am from a field station and I go to as many as possible.

HPMKE said:
If you are a TWU 580 member like me you should go to the next meeting which is next Tuesday at the union hall 1635 w university #126 and TELL THEM YOURSELF!!!!!!! remember a union is only as strong as its MEMBERS so participate.

I am from a field station and I go to as many as possible.
[post="297613"][/post]​

They already have this information. Whether or not they choose to use this information is up to them.

Great first post, BTW. Guess you deserve a cookie.

and that is about as correct as I have ever seen it posted. Bravo..................

diogenes said:
Here is IAM 101 for you, as evidenced in the BK contract 2.1

1. Do not appoint anyone from a station you are about to screw to any committees, especially negotiating. It's preferred to have members on the NC who do not even know folks in the about to be screwed locations.

2. Keep all info under wraps. While understandable that details cannot be discussed, as they change during negotiations, do not even disclose WHAT major points (seniority, furlough, recall rights) are subject to change.

3. Do not poll the membership on their ideas (the IAM did not poll the membership during any of the two BK periods).

4. Create an agreement that favors just enough large stations (with the votes to carry the issue) and throw the rest overboard. Esablish and maintain class I and class II stations.

5. Then announce an agreement could not be reached, present the membership with the company's 'final offer' (after you tie up the informational meeting with how you 'improved' the 'final offer'). Use the last two minutes of the meeting to field questions about striking. Answer with "it depends," "We'll get back to you" or "That's a good question."

6. Use legalese and semantics to avoid making the yes or no recommendation required by the IAM by laws.

7. After the large stations vote yes and carry the issue, blame the membership for not having the stones to strike.

8. Repeat as needed to maintain the dues structure.
[post="292767"][/post]​