I have had enough of the Teamsters!

Good morning, Erick and all @ UAL.
Hope you all had a prosperous and Merry Christmas, as well as a Happy New Year.
Erick, I like the chart you added on the representational control, it really shows who actually has the control of the contract and membership. Who's appointed and who's elected. As well as who can and cannot be recalled.
Just wanted to check in on any updates from the card drive @ UAL. Kinda figured a slight slowdown thru the holidays of course. Should pick back up again in early Jan. again.

Looking forward to another good year of AMFA growth in 2023. Along with the 4 new added airline Mechanic's groups in 2022. Looking at current 3-4 more in 2023 that have current card drives in motion for AMFA representation.

Any updates from you, TSH, or anyone else would be greatly appreciated...

Yes here’s your update since you missed (ignored) it weeks ago. IBT UAL has a TA. I guess Lee Seeham has little ammunition to be able to bill current AMFA Members for this fake card drive. Don’t worry though, AA comes up again in another year and a half so he can try billing (bilking) for that one.

The Teamsters will sell you out! So I’ve been out of touch for a while. Got an email from AMFA. I would like to see them at UA again. Only problem is the former head at SFO is one of the negotiators that was a sellout in 2016. Real sad. If he reads this and I hope he does he needs to grow a new set. He gave the other to UA & IBT.

The Teamsters will sell you out! So I’ve been out of touch for a while. Got an email from AMFA. I would like to see them at UA again. Only problem is the former head at SFO is one of the negotiators that was a sellout in 2016. Real sad. If he reads this and I hope he does he needs to grow a new set. He gave the other to UA & IBT.
Guess you either don’t know or are deliberately leaving out SCAMFA’s sell out or debacles.

ACA
NWA
AS
OZ
TS

I feel AMFA did more than any other union. Max 20% outsourcing. IBT gave it all back. At least things weren’t kept secret. The IBT kept saying they were going to get out pension back. Never happened because it wasn’t possible. They wanted us to help fund their failing pension. If not AMFA then who? The IBT won’t have your back. Unions are a necessary evil.

I feel AMFA did more than any other union. Max 20% outsourcing. IBT gave it all back. At least things weren’t kept secret. The IBT kept saying they were going to get out pension back. Never happened because it wasn’t possible. They wanted us to help fund their failing pension. If not AMFA then who? The IBT won’t have your back. Unions are a necessary evil.
Any union would be way better than the teamsters. AMFA with their specific Mechanics Class and Craft Representation would be the best choice in my opinion by far, and you guys already know all about AMFA Representation. No other industrial union can come close to matching that representation, period. Good luck with the card drive fellas.

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles
Any union would be way better than the teamsters. AMFA with their specific Mechanics Class and Craft Representation would be the best choice in my opinion by far, and you guys already know all about AMFA Representation. No other industrial union can come close to matching that representation, period. Good luck with the card drive fellas.
Except if you worked/work at

NW
ACA
TS
OZ
WN.

So last negotiations the IBT had a pilot negotiating for mechanics. Now a former UA VP with the airline division. At least with AMFA mechanics did the negotiating and allowed spectators. Everything is so secret with the IBT. Was there a vote for the 13 mechanic negotiators? I know one that drank the UA IBT kool aid. V disappointing. I’m retired and most things won’t matter to me.

So last negotiations the IBT had a pilot negotiating for mechanics. Now a former UA VP with the airline division. At least with AMFA mechanics did the negotiating and allowed spectators. Everything is so secret with the IBT. Was there a vote for the 13 mechanic negotiators? I know one that drank the UA IBT kool aid. V disappointing. I’m retired and most things won’t matter to me.
Wrong. WN stopped letting observers in negotiations.

Correct. And AMFA still does allow observers at the neg table (you called them spectators) The only time AMFA and the co could not bring in observers was when the NMB was running the mediation negotiations. It was the NMB that did not allow observers during mediation and they would not allow observers if it was to go to binding arbitration as well, all controlled by the NMB. AMFA did try to get the NMB to allow observers, but they finally ruled that no observers as they did not want to set a precedent with all future NMB mediations and/or binding arbitrations ordered by the NMB. So YES, AMFA is the ONLY mechanics union out there that allows observers at the neg table.
Good time to note; remember at UAL when the teamsters were trying to get rid of AMFA the teamsters made huge promises and guarantees that they would start allowing observers in at nego's if they voted them in, and to this day they have never complied. They also made other promises like the Pension, ILC, winning all open grievances, again none of the promises ever have came to light at UAL, none of them, and they never will, it's all just mouth work to get them to vote them in, then they just ignore everyone once they made it in. True story, go ask any UAL Mechanic out there.
FYI, we were just notified that our co. does in fact want to start nego's a year early this time and there are rumors that they want it done by the amendable date this time. And AMFA will continue to allow contract nego observers as they always do at all the carries representing Mechanics as well as other groups within the Related Groups.
Good for you retiring sir. Be glad the teamsters never came thru with the pension promise, because the teamsters have allowed their pension to be cut 3 times, once as high as 30% plus. And there is rumblings out there that they may have to do it again, as it continue to fail and fail because they just don't have enough members to pay into the fund to keep it funded. They are so hell bent on getting fund participants they will promise the world just to get people to vote the teamsters in.
Sure your boys at UAL are successful at firing the teamsters and get AMFA in...

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles

Hey man it’s ok that you’re retired and that’s a good thing. But if you’re going to pop in and chime in on this subject you may also want to tune in.

The IBT and UAL have a TA that they’re in the process of voting on. You can read all the latest details here include a link to the TA itself.

Hitting Bozo.

Is Lee Seeham a mechanic?

Was Kevin McCormick a mechanic?

Maybe the AMFA Pom Pom Girl here needs to see a few pictures? Credit where credit is due. Looking at the links the IBT provided on their website they do a much better job than AMFA at showing what they’ve agreed to with their Company. AMFA still has a lot to learn from the older better established Unions (TWU, IAM and IBT)

It would be nice to hear from an “active” UAL Mechanic to read what they think of this contract extension?

BEE8FCCF-9D83-4937-A6E5-ABEC360DAF91.jpegED28FCB7-4995-491C-BC77-067A26E35D49.jpeg0F4E1FF3-E342-42B3-A011-4E70006CB9C5.jpeg108DA769-E7E8-4F45-8981-86BD9F67389A.jpeg