I have had enough of the Teamsters!

Only 75% voting?

E people choosing or not choosing to vote is natural in everything. How many US Citizens that can vote in National elections don’t vote either? Some Countries force their citizens to vote. America doesn’t do that for anything that I can think of.

Anyway the point is that it passed.

I feel AMFA did more than any other union. Max 20% outsourcing. IBT gave it all back. At least things weren’t kept secret. The IBT kept saying they were going to get out pension back. Never happened because it wasn’t possible. They wanted us to help fund their failing pension. If not AMFA then who? The IBT won’t have your back. Unions are a necessary evil.
ibt always allows outsourcing. Yes, ibt gave it all back and now they are trying to brag about a mere 5 lines coming back. They never should have left in the first place IMO, but that is the way the ibt/teamsters operate.

With WestJet just filing for AMFA Representation, wanted to check in on the UAL drive for AMFA representational vote. We all understand the ibt/teamsters just did an extension and yes with 5 lines supposedly coming BACK in house, and I hope this does not cloud or deter the AMFA card drive. I assure you the ibt/teamsters begged the co to allow more maint in house to help fight off that AMFA drive for representation. Matter fact, I would not put it pass that they also agreed to allowing the co to take some back a little later down the road once they see IF the deterrent worked to slow down the AMFA drive, they've done this in the past at many carriers. It's all a ploy.

Any updates on the drive as well as the real meat and potatoes of the extension would be appreciated.

• Haha
Reactions: WeAAsles
ibt always allows outsourcing. Yes, ibt gave it all back and now they are trying to brag about a mere 5 lines coming back. They never should have left in the first place IMO, but that is the way the ibt/teamsters operate.

With WestJet just filing for AMFA Representation, wanted to check in on the UAL drive for AMFA representational vote. We all understand the ibt/teamsters just did an extension and yes with 5 lines supposedly coming BACK in house, and I hope this does not cloud or deter the AMFA card drive. I assure you the ibt/teamsters begged the co to allow more maint in house to help fight off that AMFA drive for representation. Matter fact, I would not put it pass that they also agreed to allowing the co to take some back a little later down the road once they see IF the deterrent worked to slow down the AMFA drive, they've done this in the past at many carriers. It's all a ploy.

Any updates on the drive as well as the real meat and potatoes of the extension would be appreciated.

Keep dreaming bro. Your little rinky dink outfit ain’t got nothing to offer these people. That’s also why this thread has dried up like a stinky turd. Bravo and kudos to the IBT here. 👏

FAE79929-EC4C-481E-86DD-518EE5465ADC.jpeg643C8372-5DB8-4243-BF74-A15D50ABD998.jpeg

For those UAL techs monitoring this forum, the ibt posted an update on negotiations back in December - the negotiating committee met with Teamcare reps. So it appears the earlier reports were true, and there will be another Teamcare push.

For those UAL techs monitoring this forum, the ibt posted an update on negotiations back in December - the negotiating committee met with Teamcare reps. So it appears the earlier reports were true, and there will be another Teamcare push.
Wonder if they are meeting with the co in order to force this Teamcare onto the employees by getting the co to agree to it. This would suck big time for you guys. In hopes it is not true at all for you guys.

Yep Teamcare is once again in play. What’s old is once again new and what’s new I guess never gets old.

Oddly enough, the Delta drive provides the UAL membership with a bit of leverage - It would be a bit problematic if UAL MX should revolt on the ibt while they're in the middle of trying to organize Delta mechanics. This should prove interesting.

Reactions: SWAMECH
Oddly enough, the Delta drive provides the UAL membership with a bit of leverage - It would be a bit problematic if UAL MX should revolt on the ibt while they're in the middle of trying to organize Delta mechanics. This should prove interesting.
Ahhh, but the teamsters are famous for their own demise in past history. I agree that this will get interesting, but, I am very confident that the Delta Mechanics are well aware of bad the teamsters are and have been. I honestly don't see any vote coming to fruition at Delta for teamster representation.

Ahhh, but the teamsters are famous for their own demise in past history. I agree that this will get interesting, but, I am very confident that the Delta Mechanics are well aware of bad the teamsters are and have been. I honestly don't see any vote coming to fruition at Delta for teamster representation.

Teamsters demise? Are you stupid? Seriously.

“The International Brotherhood of Teamsters, with 1.3 million-members, is one of the largest labor unions in the world. It is also the most diverse union in the U.S. The Teamsters represents everyone from A to Z – from airline pilots to zookeepers. One out of every ten union members is a Teamster”

What’s AMFA?

Stupid comment from you again.

I don’t know anything really about Teamcare but like anything else it should be offered as an option. Meaning you can pick traditional company sponsored medical or the one associated with your Union.

I don’t know anything really about Teamcare but like anything else it should be offered as an option. Meaning you can pick traditional company sponsored medical or the one associated with your Union.

And there in lies the problem - the last time the ibt pushed Teamcare, the language was compulsory - No HMO, No PPO, Teamcare was the only option for all mechanics.

Sorry, not interested

And there in lies the problem - the last time the ibt pushed Teamcare, the language was compulsory - No HMO, No PPO, Teamcare was the only option for all mechanics.

Sorry, not interested
The guys I have talked with at United say they don't want anything to do with Teamcare by the teamsters.

Sorry, not interested

And I agree with you. I’m sure we’ve discussed this before but I’m not really a fan of the union I belong to being wrapped up in Medical Plans and Pensions. I get enough spam from my Airline already wanting me to sign up for things. TWU doesn’t solicit me for products.

The IAM gets shade thrown at them because of their IAMPF. Even if it is separate from the IAM itself it bears its name so every time it gets a cut the IAM gets the blame.

No if they can’t offer it as an “option” I wouldn’t vote for it either. Even if there were good intentions attached to it.

Good point! And if you guys secure a solid contract, the IBT can use that as a selling point with DL AMTs.

Reactions: SWAMECH