IAM grievance hearing today?

Tim Nelson

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Bartlett
www.usaviation.com
IAM wins, IAM wins, IAM wins. The grievance has now been put on 'expedite'. US AIRWAYS high price attorneys who were paid big $ have lost their bid to re-enter bankruptcy court to eliminate more provisions in its IAM contracts.

Any arbitration award will net millions of dollars to IAM members. This would be the equivalent of 'hitting the mega million'.

Let's give the IAM props for this since it had the foresight, unlike ALPA, to put in protective language provisions for wage snapbacks. Let's see if the IAM now cuts a deal. IMO, I believe the IAM should protect the huge mega million payout if the arbitrator agrees that the workers are holding the winning ticket.

regards

U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in Alexandria will make the determination of which court.

Great news. I wish the CWA/IBT would have held out for the snapback. I know they were trying to get the West on a contract, but this could cost the CWA agents $5 per hour.

Does this apply to fleet also ?

Yes

Great news. I wish the CWA/IBT would have held out for the snapback. I know they were trying to get the West on a contract, but this could cost the CWA agents $5 per hour.

Technically this isn't snapbacks (which include holidays, vacation, sick pay etc.. along with pay) this is a change of control grievance.

The CWA ALREADY has snapback provisions in it's contract scheduled to take effect in 2011. The mechanics and fleet DO NOT have snapback provisions in their contract.

This is great news. Now hopefully the IAM will stand up & not sell us out.

Does this apply to fleet also ? Reason I ask just got an email from 141 saying its going foward but as of my typing this nothing on 141 website.
It's on the 141 website now. Talking about Christmas in springtime for all the fleet service.

I'm not a math whiz but by my calculations, class 2 stations should get over $20,000 checks in retro plus big fat pay raises if the arbitration award [now on expedite] is granted. Class 1 stations have about $15,000 back pay plus any interest and additional 4.5% annual raises if the arbitrator rules in favor. If the IAM is victorious and doesn't sell out, it can only be 'see you in 2012 to management'.

regards,

I guess Doug's been slightly mis-lead by his team of union-busting law-firms------------

Now hopefully us working bees can get some justice for all that was done to us over the years!

Funny how this management past and present always finds ways to justify what executives get and then justify why the workers can't get same.....

The CWA ALREADY has snapback provisions in it's contract scheduled to take effect in 2011. The mechanics and fleet DO NOT have snapback provisions in their contract.
[/quote]

The CWA …SOLD OUT ITS MEMBERS FOR MORE UNION DUES…….

We got 1.00 freaking dollar …

And C.A.R’s for 7.00 bucks an hour and express in the UNION

And the 2012 date is wrong our contract runs thru 2012 so technically it is until 2013.
The CWA can start negotiations in 2012.

And by the way it’s not a snap back in 2013 it’s the end of a sorry deal the CWA made.

MAKE NO MISTAKE ON WHO PRFITED FROM THIS DEAL……

And the 2012 date is wrong our contract runs thru 2012 so technically it is until 2013.

And by the way it’s not a snap back in 2013 it’s the end of a sorry deal the CWA made.

I've seen the CWA/IBT contract for gate/reservation (we're fleet under TWU going to IAM.) Your contract till 2012 looks pretty good for the 2nd or up till 5 or6 year members, but, yeah, it has to feel bad if you're a senior agent. This Snapback for IAM might be good for East IAM, we're not at all clear how it will effect AWA West TWU. We were rolled over last June into accepting IAM. All this Change of Control will not bring AWA West Fleet a Dime until all the conditions of a new contract are determined and voted for. Golly, I hope it only goes on a few more months. We are really hurting for AWA. Not, sure we will see anything of the snapback pay and have to wait for the final contract. We hold out for what is right for all parties involved.

Sorry I didn't put the exact date in. The date of CWA snapbacks is on 12/31/11. On that date sick leave and pay, holidays, premiums etc will snapback to what you had on 12/13/99. Vacation will snapback to 25 days max on the same date. The contract will be up for negotiation but unless the union allows it the snapbacks are automatic on that date.

I am not making a statement about who made out or anything other subjective things. Just stating the fact that the CWA's CBA has automatic snapbacks not subject to any negotiations for them to take affect and the IAM fleet and mechanics CBA has none.

The facts

Sorry I didn't put the exact date in. The date of CWA snapbacks is on 12/31/11. On that date sick leave and pay, holidays, premiums etc will snapback to what you had on 12/13/99. Vacation will snapback to 25 days max on the same date. The contract will be up for negotiation but unless the union allows it the snapbacks are automatic on that date.
I am not making a statement about who made out or anything else. Just the facts that the CWA has automatic snapbacks not subject to any negotiations and the IAM fleet and mechanics CBA

The CWA had a snap back provision but gave it away for what I stated before......

It's a sore subject with me.....

The CWA had a snap back provision but gave it away for what I stated before......

It's a sore subject with me.....

Is there a reason the CWA hasn't updated their website with the current CBA, that you speak of, that doesn't include the snapback provisions and still has the CBA that I linked to that does show a CBA that has the snapback provisions?

Can you please provide a link showing that the CWA did in fact remove the snapback provisions?

Latest posts