IAM Mech. & Related Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not holding out much hope for the outcome on this one - the IAM is changing the rules for the election and I have been told by two different managers that the Union has promised the company that the TA will be sold and will pass.

And you believe management?

And how are they changing the rules?

I am not holding out much hope for the outcome on this one - the IAM is changing the rules for the election and I have been told by two different managers that the Union has promised the company that the TA will be sold and will pass.

Just like a revote I remember.....

Dave,Dave...they rejected it......Dave.....

You just wait and see who gets to vote it will not be just the dues paying members in good standing - getting the impression that the IAM would let the dues objectors vote if the vote the way the union wants

I have to correct you the CBA becomes amendable under the RLA 60 days prior to the amendable date.
Negotiations will take place after either side files a section 6 notice, by law both parties have to commence negotiations once it is filed.

So Negotiations can take place prior to the date as in previous Section 6 Negotiations.

I have to correct you the RLA Fact Sheet says--

The negotiation process (see attached Chart) begins with the parties engaging in direct negotiations, without the presence of the Board and its mediators. The parties control the timing of direct negotiations, with some beginning well before the amendable date of their current contracts, and some beginning very near the amendable date. The Board has no control over the parties in direct negotiations. Although some parties reach final resolution in direct negotiations, the majority of parties file for mediation with the Board for help to resolve their many open issues.

Fact Sheet

Also the current CBA Article 23 lines 5-17 say this--

Except as otherwise noted, this Agreement shall become effective on January 31, 2005, and, and shall remain in full force and effect through December 31, 2009, and thereafter unless and until reopened in accordance with the Railway Labor Act.

The parties will commence bargaining for a new collective bargaining agreement no later than January 15, 2009. If the parties have not reached a tentative agreement by July 1, 2009, they will, no later than July 10, 2009, jointly apply for mediation with the National Mediation Board. In the event the parties have not reached a tentative agreement during the status quo period following the amendable date, all base rates will be increased by three (3) percent on July 1, 2010 and on each July 1st thereafter until a new agreement is signed.

And the TA says this regarding Article 23--

24. Article 23 (Duration) This agreement shall remain effective through December 31, 2011. Amend line 16 to read: increased by three percent (3%) on July 1, 2012 and three percent (3%) on July 1, 2013 (delete remainder of sentence).

I don't know if the TA will amend the dates to begin bargaining or if they have taken them out.

Real simple answer to an honest election, hire an independant company to run the election, by phone,email or internet. Let them handle the voting process and the count. Vote final, no issues!!

I have a failure to under stand something here.Will my brothers on each side help me out here.Maybe we can sort through thin mess and come up with a reasonable Idea how we should vote on this POS T/A.

1.First Im still under the impression that the west side AWA has a legal binding contract that was negotiated for the by the IBT.This contract is still in full force and effect as of today.They have a legal right to negotiate under section 6 for improvements at this moment,I understand they were in negations at the time of the merger.They are now being represented by the IAM who has the legal and morel obligation to assist these men and women in there continued interest in completing these negotiations.

2.Second the USAIRWAYS mechs and related has an agreement that is amendable in 2009,and this POS cant get anything but better.Voted on with a threat that if you dont vote yes you will have no contract at all.It still impresses me how this company can continue day after day breaking rules that under anything except the NRLA would be illegal in this country.( not my words ) thats from the Wage and Hour division of this country themselves.Yes there are parts of this contract that are illegal by law.But since they were ratified by the members they are ok under the RLA your union allowed this to happen. And nothing in this pos T/A is changing that.

3.Third what this ta is doing is,striping the west of there rights to a better agreement its taking away what the IBT and the members fought to get so hard.Just go read what they will loose in this.

4.Fourth its extending a POS contract that was ratified by a group under duress,yes a threat that if this doesnt pass you will have no contract. Thats not representation thats coercion. The union is playing quid pro crow...lol with the company.

This T/A will bring 2 groups of beaten and down trodden people under a POS give back contract that will at the same time take away any protection in case of a merger.

So ponder these thoughts among yourselves and ask,am I tired of hearing everyday that the sky is falling we had better do this.Or do you want to be true respected professionals again and tell the lazy union members who havnt picked up a wrench in 20 yrs working for the IAM and the Bean counting company they sleep with pound sand.

Its time to take back our own self respect.... :up:

This msg is approved by me...ALLSTRIKE

HP broke off talks with the IBT before the merger was completed.

Airlines employees are not covered under the NLRA, they are covered under the RLA.

There are no parts of the CBA that are illegal.

HP broke off talks with the IBT before the merger was completed.

Airlines employees are not covered under the NLRA, they are covered under the RLA.

There are no parts of the CBA that are illegal.

Broke of does not mean not obligated to complete.

Never said anyone was covered by the NLRA I said,the wage and hr division said.

I also said except for it being under the RLA it would be illegal.You guys have no idea what you even did.You gave away the store and dont even know it. :down:

I have a failure to under stand something here.Will my brothers on each side help me out here.Maybe we can sort through thin mess and come up with a reasonable Idea how we should vote on this POS T/A.

1.First Im still under the impression that the west side AWA has a legal binding contract that was negotiated for the by the IBT.This contract is still in full force and effect as of today.They have a legal right to negotiate under section 6 for improvements at this moment,I understand they were in negations at the time of the merger.They are now being represented by the IAM who has the legal and morel obligation to assist these men and women in there continued interest in completing these negotiations.

From the west we have been told by FrankS. numeras times that you can forget about sec.6 negotiations the IAM WILL NOT PERSUE THAT FOR JUST A GROUP OF 800 TECHS it is not going to happen so forget about, but before the C.O.C. arbitration it was we are waiting to see the outcome. So they had no intent of continuing our negtiations!!!

2.Second the USAIRWAYS mechs and related has an agreement that is amendable in 2009,and this POS cant get anything but better.Voted on with a threat that if you dont vote yes you will have no contract at all.It still impresses me how this company can continue day after day breaking rules that under anything except the NRLA would be illegal in this country.( not my words ) thats from the Wage and Hour division of this country themselves.Yes there are parts of this contract that are illegal by law.But since they were ratified by the members they are ok under the RLA your union allowed this to happen. And nothing in this pos T/A is changing that.

3.Third what this ta is doing is,striping the west of there rights to a better agreement its taking away what the IBT and the members fought to get so hard.Just go read what they will loose in this.

Amen on that one

4.Fourth its extending a POS contract that was ratified by a group under duress,yes a threat that if this doesnt pass you will have no contract. Thats not representation thats coercion. The union is playing quid pro crow...lol with the company.

This T/A will bring 2 groups of beaten and down trodden people under a POS give back contract that will at the same time take away any protection in case of a merger.

So ponder these thoughts among yourselves and ask,am I tired of hearing everyday that the sky is falling we had better do this.Or do you want to be true respected professionals again and tell the lazy union members who havnt picked up a wrench in 20 yrs working for the IAM and the Bean counting company they sleep with pound sand.

Its time to take back our own self respect.... :up:

This msg is approved by me...ALLSTRIKE

NLRA and its wage and hour division have nothing to do with workers under the RLA, the RLA is administered by the NMB, not the NLRB.

I guess you fail to realize the M&R CBA was abrogated in Chapter 11, we never reached a deal with the company, they gave an final offer and the membership ratified it.

I still have the CBA we propsed to the company that they rejected, I was on the NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back