IF DL/NW & CO/UA... Will AA Bid for LCC?

We don't want AA any where near us. Why? Let's put it to you this way. If we merge with AA, then the US Airways board here on US Aviation will be completely empty because all of us will be toast! Unless you find employment at another airline, your aviation career will be over.

I'll be sure to mention that to the TWA people I work with on a daily basis...they'll be shocked to hear their aviation career has been over and no one bothered telling them.

I'll be sure to mention that to the TWA people I work with on a daily basis...they'll be shocked to hear their aviation career has been over and no one bothered telling them.
Well then lets put it like this, they're VERY few and far between in comparison and yes the majority had their aviation career ruined. AA has had themselves quite a time on this industry's watch over the last few years, anyone remember Legend? or how about that poor little Vanguard that they went after. We all know that their latest stunt with TWA will probably never be forgotten. Needless to say it'll be a cold day in Ft. Worth before they pull the staple gun out on this bunch.

(seriously) Meaning NO disrespect....LCCers, The only thing US could bring to AA's table, is the BOS/LGA/DCA shuttle.

In fact, the only routes that AA could use, are(obviously) More ASIA(UA or NW), or additional LHR(Ex. IAD/LHR-UA, or SEA/LHR-NW.

Alaska,"could" bring domestic possibility's.

When the "game" starts, AA's turn to BET will (I predict), be VERY Interesting !

STAY Tuned !!

AA has had themselves quite a time on this industry's watch over the last few years, anyone remember Legend? or how about that poor little Vanguard that they went after.
I guess AA should have followed the US strategy in response to SW in California and BWI? :down:

I guess AA should have followed the US strategy in response to SW in California and BWI? :down:
WHAT??? First of all Legend was a completely different type of airline doing their own thing ala Midwest. and Vanguard---good lord with the oldest 737's in the air who the hell were they going to bother??? They tried flying DFW-ICT and AA pulled out all the stops to nail their coffin. please!! I lived in Dallas when all of this was going on and saw it first hand including the DOT investigation into AA's practices. Can I ask if you're an actual airline employee or just someone who gives an opinion from the outside?

I know a former flight attendant from TWA who lost her job after AA bought them out! Why don't you ask her about having her career ruined? She will gladly tell you all about it!

WHAT??? First of all Legend was a completely different type of airline doing their own thing ala Midwest. and Vanguard---good lord with the oldest 737's in the air who the hell were they going to bother???

Ofcourse Legend was 'different' and Vanguard was a small operator, but the point is that AA responded to both by competing, resulting in both companies going out of business. That's just smart management, the killer instinct. IMHO.

Can I ask if you're an actual airline employee or just someone who gives an opinion from the outside
I'm not an airline employee.

Ofcourse Legend was 'different' and Vanguard was a small operator, but the point is that AA responded to both by competing, resulting in both companies going out of business. That's just smart management, the killer instinct. IMHO.
Well go ahead and call it "competing" but we all know what it was. Competing is what they do against UA in ORD not what they did to Legend and Vanguard. What goes around comes around it's starting to happen to Mesa now (unfortunate for their employees). Anyhow the point here is that virtually no one at US wants anything to do with AA just like they don't want anything to do with US.

I am not so sure that if th 4 merge we are hurt that much by sitting it all out and just enjoying the reduced flying. Not to mention I think all of the big boys will have even worse merger headaches the US/HP.

(seriously) Meaning NO disrespect....LCCers, The only thing US could bring to AA's table, is the BOS/LGA/DCA shuttle.

In fact, the only routes that AA could use, are(obviously) More ASIA(UA or NW), or additional LHR(Ex. IAD/LHR-UA, or SEA/LHR-NW.

Alaska,"could" bring domestic possibility's.

When the "game" starts, AA's turn to BET will (I predict), be VERY Interesting !

STAY Tuned !!
How about AA + WN.... AA intl...WN domestic... :shock:

How about AA + WN.... AA intl...WN domestic... :shock:

Though there are worse ideas floating around (AA+LCC comes to mind), do you think for a minute that the Feds would stand idly by and allow a combination of the two largest domestic airlines? :shock: Even though the resultant airline would have (former) AA doing international and (former) WN doing domestic, there would still be a huge captive market domestically in a lot of areas of the country. And, you know how Congress loves to go on about giving the 'Murrican people choices.