Industrial vs. Craft

Status
Not open for further replies.
The subject and issue was that AMFA repeatedly attempted to exclude the cleaners from the craft and class, but you know this already. Is this one of those attempts to side step the subject?
No, your agenda is to obfuscate, deflect and razzle dazzle.
I know this and am clear on your agenda.
Been there, done that, still have my AMFA T-Shirts.
B) xUT

From an FAA friend:

Insight: Engineering a New ‘Boom’ in Aviation Mechanics

July 31, 2012 –  Steve Douglas is manager of the Aircraft Maintenance Division in the Aviation Safety Office. In an interview with Focus FAA, Douglas spoke about aviation maintenance, the growing need for more mechanics, and what the FAA is doing to draw more young people to the field.

How pressing is the need for more aviation mechanics?

Both Boeing and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) have projections that say we will need more aviation maintenance technicians in the future.  They vary in number and in scope, but the message itself is clear, there is a future in aviation for a skilled airframe and powerplant (A&P) mechanic.

How does “A Walk in My Boots” fit into Flight Standards future plans?
It is a “perfect storm” of ideas and events. At the same time that Boeing and ICAO have been issuing future projections about the shortage of mechanics and pilots, FAA officials, such as Director of Flight Standards John Allen and I, began fielding more questions at industry conferences about what the FAA could do about the impending shortages of aviation professionals. Even if the projections are not completely on target, we face the retirement of an experienced workforce. Many in the aviation workforce today are from the “baby boom” generation. They have seen aviation grown up around them, change, and become more technologically advanced.  

Steve Douglas

Also, we are seeing that some aviation maintenance schools (i.e., Part 147 schools) have closed. We realize it is necessary to attract more young people to the profession and get those who have done aviation maintenance in the military to continue working in the civilian environment.

So, we are working on some initiatives with Aviation and Space Education to showcase the profession to younger students, those in middle and high school. One of those we just piloted in June is called “Walk in my Boots.” [Focus FAA will post a story on this program next week.] We are working to facilitate partnerships between high schools and working repair stations to show young people what career avenues are open in the aviation maintenance industry.

Another initiative is a short video about being an aircraft mechanic. We filmed and photographed “A Walk in My Boots” and plan to film KidVenture at Oshkosh. We will use the video to show kids and students what they might do everyday if they got into maintenance as a career. 

Also, we are seeing how to make it easier for returning military veterans to obtain their Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate so they can continue doing aviation maintenance on the civilian side. This includes using a program that is already in place to evaluate military experience and give credit for it. The program enables the service member to test in all three areas necessary in the A&P: general, airframe, and powerplant.  They are given credit for the work they have done and can go back to a Part 147 certificated maintenance school and learn what they still need for the A&P.

These converging interests — the needs of the industry and what we see from an FAA perspective — became pressing enough to include education and training in our 5-year strategic plan. 

Finally, we want to update our guidance about delivering maintenance education and training. We are working to achieve distance learning and make it part of the normal curriculum of a Part 147 school. This will take advantage of online programs and learning delivery methods that are better for today's classroom — and many times today's classroom is your own home!

Are there more ideas germinating in Flight Standards to cultivate future aviation professionals?

Yes, as we said before, the need to ensure aviation professionals for the future is something we take seriously and have begun to plan for.
We should recognize the local efforts already going strong. Many of the Flight Standards District Offices (FSDOs) have employees that participate in career days (I think Focus FAA did a piece on the Richmond, Va., FSDO and its support of career days not long ago). There are many aviation safety professionals who encourage the younger generation through local programs and through volunteering. There are also Aviation and Space Education representatives in every region.

John Allen is working on an idea for an “Aviation Academy” similar to a military academy. This would be a national resource and help offset the enormous cost to individual pilots — the typical cost of earning an airline transport pilot's certificate is in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Now, with HR 5900 as law, it increases the amount of hours need to qualify and be hired as a first officer. This makes it harder for someone beginning in the profession to pay off debt and earn the necessary flight time. We need to think about ways to make the goal of an airline transport pilot's certificate attainable. 

On the maintenance side, our ideas on the maintenance side are more incremental! We’d like to provide ways to get them working and gaining experience right away.

Source: FAA.gov

Why would anyone want to be associated with an Industrial union that represents people with green cards, such as the TWu in Vegas. Thats about as anti-worker and anti-american as you can get. Go AMFA!

Raptorman asked me to post this picture of a billboard getting on HWY 169 from 36th going south looking west I believe is what he said. He also wanted me to tell you "Here is some of your card dilution fantasy coming to light"

No, your agenda is to obfuscate, deflect and razzle dazzle.
I know this and am clear on your agenda.
Been there, done that, still have my AMFA T-Shirts.
B) xUT

Exactly where I learned it too. Tell you anything??

anomaly,

I see why you are frightened of AMFA.

In AMFA, there wouldn't be a spot for you to hiss in!

Please!! You have never even BEEN in AMFA. This kind of BS manipulates 90% of the leaderships time. Think about it? Every officer or elected official can be recalled at ANY TIME. There is always a constant state of political agendas. Why do you think we got tired of the association so quickly at UAL. The politics and backstabbing never ended. The whole group is a giant cesspool of HISS.

From an FAA friend:

Insight: Engineering a New ‘Boom’ in Aviation Mechanics

July 31, 2012 – Steve Douglas is manager of the Aircraft Maintenance Division in the Aviation Safety Office. In an interview with Focus FAA, Douglas spoke about aviation maintenance, the growing need for more mechanics, and what the FAA is doing to draw more young people to the field.

How pressing is the need for more aviation mechanics?

Both Boeing and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) have projections that say we will need more aviation maintenance technicians in the future. They vary in number and in scope, but the message itself is clear, there is a future in aviation for a skilled airframe and powerplant (A&P) mechanic.

How does “A Walk in My Boots” fit into Flight Standards future plans?
It is a “perfect storm” of ideas and events. At the same time that Boeing and ICAO have been issuing future projections about the shortage of mechanics and pilots, FAA officials, such as Director of Flight Standards John Allen and I, began fielding more questions at industry conferences about what the FAA could do about the impending shortages of aviation professionals. Even if the projections are not completely on target, we face the retirement of an experienced workforce. Many in the aviation workforce today are from the “baby boom” generation. They have seen aviation grown up around them, change, and become more technologically advanced.

Steve Douglas

Also, we are seeing that some aviation maintenance schools (i.e., Part 147 schools) have closed. We realize it is necessary to attract more young people to the profession and get those who have done aviation maintenance in the military to continue working in the civilian environment.

So, we are working on some initiatives with Aviation and Space Education to showcase the profession to younger students, those in middle and high school. One of those we just piloted in June is called “Walk in my Boots.” [Focus FAA will post a story on this program next week.] We are working to facilitate partnerships between high schools and working repair stations to show young people what career avenues are open in the aviation maintenance industry.

Another initiative is a short video about being an aircraft mechanic. We filmed and photographed “A Walk in My Boots” and plan to film KidVenture at Oshkosh. We will use the video to show kids and students what they might do everyday if they got into maintenance as a career.

Also, we are seeing how to make it easier for returning military veterans to obtain their Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate so they can continue doing aviation maintenance on the civilian side. This includes using a program that is already in place to evaluate military experience and give credit for it. The program enables the service member to test in all three areas necessary in the A&P: general, airframe, and powerplant. They are given credit for the work they have done and can go back to a Part 147 certificated maintenance school and learn what they still need for the A&P.

These converging interests — the needs of the industry and what we see from an FAA perspective — became pressing enough to include education and training in our 5-year strategic plan.

Finally, we want to update our guidance about delivering maintenance education and training. We are working to achieve distance learning and make it part of the normal curriculum of a Part 147 school. This will take advantage of online programs and learning delivery methods that are better for today's classroom — and many times today's classroom is your own home!

Are there more ideas germinating in Flight Standards to cultivate future aviation professionals?

Yes, as we said before, the need to ensure aviation professionals for the future is something we take seriously and have begun to plan for.
We should recognize the local efforts already going strong. Many of the Flight Standards District Offices (FSDOs) have employees that participate in career days (I think Focus FAA did a piece on the Richmond, Va., FSDO and its support of career days not long ago). There are many aviation safety professionals who encourage the younger generation through local programs and through volunteering. There are also Aviation and Space Education representatives in every region.

John Allen is working on an idea for an “Aviation Academy” similar to a military academy. This would be a national resource and help offset the enormous cost to individual pilots — the typical cost of earning an airline transport pilot's certificate is in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Now, with HR 5900 as law, it increases the amount of hours need to qualify and be hired as a first officer. This makes it harder for someone beginning in the profession to pay off debt and earn the necessary flight time. We need to think about ways to make the goal of an airline transport pilot's certificate attainable.

On the maintenance side, our ideas on the maintenance side are more incremental! We’d like to provide ways to get them working and gaining experience right away.

Source: FAA.gov

Absolutely!!

This was also covered a few months ago by the Teamsters on a report from the Aviatin Weekly MRO Americas Conference. There are very few things any labor union agrees with this group (including AMFA) but the subject of future aircraft mechanics is one that is hurting both sides. The unfortunate part for FAR 121 carrier mechanics, is the shortage is unlikely to create the leverage that may bee seen at the 145 vendors for quite some time if at all. The disparity of pay is still so great between the groups that the likely hood of a shortage of mechanics at the airlines is highly unlikely. This too was reported by the MRO's.

Otherwise Mr Rapist, good reporting! (the family guy character Glen Quagmire is described as a "heartless sex hound" and often referred to as "a rapist' by his on show neighbor Peter Griffin. I take this avatars postings with a grain of salt)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To explain the above post; whoop whoop has been beating up his keyboard quite a bit lately as more truths of his mythical association come to light. The only keys that function now on his computer are primarily B,W, A, and H.

As a former member of the AMFA broken promises team, I have learned this language now spoken by mr. woop udi. and I can translate for you.

"Dear sirs, please allow me to retract all my earlier posts favoring the Association. I never realized how wrong I could be. The truth is, the Teamsters have represented aircraft mechanics for many years and have provided industry leading agreements and dedicated representation. Please consider them in any future polls, and if you haven't done so already, remember to sign a card for the IBT so all future polls can reflect the legitimate desires to have strong representation."

Signed; a current and proud Teamster member

:)

Reactions: 1 person
Please!! You have never even BEEN in AMFA. This kind of BS manipulates 90% of the leaderships time. Think about it? Every officer or elected official can be recalled at ANY TIME. There is always a constant state of political agendas. Why do you think we got tired of the association so quickly at UAL. The politics and backstabbing never ended. The whole group is a giant cesspool of HISS.

You are either a union official or a politician.

No one else could lie and spin stories like you do.

Rave on....

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.