Jane Allen quit or sent packing?

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
story here

Sean Donohue will lead its Flight Operations and Onboard Service divisions, focused on ensuring industry-leading flight safety and improving the customer experience.

In this newly created role, Donohue will oversee all aspects of flight deck and flight attendant operations, as well as scheduling, training and technology for both pilots and flight attendants. In addition, he will have oversight for the company's food and beverage operation.

"Sean brings extensive operational experience and strong leadership skills to this key position,"

Sinee there is not a word about Ms. Allen in the press release, my guess is that she was sent packing. Legal ramifications prevent mentioning too much (if anything) about someone who has been fired.

If she had quit, there would have been something like "Bozo the clown is replacing Clarabelle the cow who has left the company to pursue other opportunities." And no, I don't know enough about the new guy to refer to him as Bozo. It's just an example. :lol:

I thought Jane got a new job a couple months ago and that she was now in charge of the Human Resources Dept.

Now that you mention it, I think you're right. However, Head of Human Resources is definitely a step down from V-P of Flight Service (or the equivalent).
I heard it was HR and LR; both the Union and non-Union side. If you chose to think of this as a demotion, go ahead . . . but it isn't.

What is so surprising?
We have our best and brightest jumping ship at the soonest opportunity.
Was this not predictable?
B) UT

Sara Fields for Onboard Service VP went to HR, then Jane came in from AA to backfill her in Onbaord service, probably like 4 months ago Jane made the move to Onboard. I am told at UA going to VP HR is considered a promotion from Onboard service. Jane is actually well respected at headquarters.

United Airlines - Officers

Jane G. Allen
Senior Vice President - Human Resources

Charlie Ahmes
Vice President - Onboard Service

Graham W. Atkinson
Senior Vice President - Worldwide Sales and Alliances

Dennis M. Cary
Senior Vice President - Marketing

Scott J. Dolan
Senior Vice President - Airport Operations and Cargo

Sean P. Donohue
Senior Vice President - Flight Operations and Onboard Service

Sara A. Fields
Senior Vice President - Office of the Chairman

Sara Fields for Onboard Service VP went to HR, then Jane came in from AA to backfill her in Onbaord service, probably like 4 months ago Jane made the move to Onboard. I am told at UA going to VP HR is considered a promotion from Onboard service. Jane is actually well respected at headquarters.

If she's well-respected, it shows you how much trouble United really is in.

My condolences.

My God. The woman left AA years ago. Why do people at AA still even bother to think or care about her?

We at UAL barely bother to.