JFK-POS new or not?

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
I saw a banner sign for JFK-POS. Have we had this service for a while or is it new? I just don''t remember a POS flight from JFK.

I seem to remember JFK when down there. It might have been a JFK crew on a MIA flight though.

AA started Sat only service sometime last winter. I think it went away for a bit in the spring, but came back as a couple days a week last month.

----------------
On 7/22/2003 12:47:47 PM FA Mikey wrote:

I saw a banner sign for JFK-POS. Have we had this service for a while or is it new? I just don''t remember a POS flight from JFK.

----------------​

Mikey,
(Not counting Trans Carib), POS was served from JFK via BGI, for the loooongest time (JFK_BGI-POS)

But,(and I can''t prove it), I can vaguely remember JFK-POS, not so long ago.

NH/BB''s

----------------
On 7/23/2003 11:56:50 AM AAmech wrote:

I think one of the MIA flights originates in EWR.  There were two daily out of MIA but they pulled back and only have two on certain days of the week.  I think they started JFK because of the financial problems that BWIA has been having and passengers may be nervous about buying tickets on them.  You know your in serious trouble when the owners of your planes are having them seized by the Sheriffs in MIA!

----------------​

MIA-POS is two daily 757s, both operating seven days a week. JFK-POS I think started 15Dec03 as a Saturday service, didnt run during May and returned 15June03. I think.

I think one of the MIA flights originates in EWR. There were two daily out of MIA but they pulled back and only have two on certain days of the week. I think they started JFK because of the financial problems that BWIA has been having and passengers may be nervous about buying tickets on them. You know your in serious trouble when the owners of your planes are having them seized by the Sheriffs in MIA!

Back