Joint statement from TWU APA APFA

How is a merger is going to protect 14,000 jobs?
I do not believe that a merger with any OneWorld partner is necessary. The company can achieve it's goals inside of OneWorld. Now the question remains can the unions achieve theirs?
No merger/seniority issues for the unions to worry about. The 14,000 jobs are still an issue of course.

I do not believe that a merger with any OneWorld partner is necessary. The company can achieve it's goals inside of OneWorld. Now the question remains can the unions achieve theirs?
No merger/seniority issues for the unions to worry about. The 14,000 jobs are still an issue of course.

What a mess....How much is AA losing per day? And does OneWorld really want to foot the bill? idk

While it may not protect them all, a lesser number will be viewed as a good thing. I also believe that a merger could lead to quicker growth of the airline without going thru a period of downsizing. There was mention on another post about the combination of AA & US would have 2000 pilots reaching the mandated retirement age within the next few years.

I still believe that US is a secondary thought at this time. The OneWorld partners seem to be the focus at this time
So you don't think that Oneworld would benefit from having the US network added into it?

E...HAVEN"T YOU HEARD????????????

LCC is promising the unions .....

NO LAYOFFS!
NO OUTSOURCING OF MAINTENANCE!
$1,000,000.00+ RETIREMENTS FOR PILOTS WILL CONTINUE?!

I can picture the unions putting out letters about how their meeting with LCC went and how "THEY SEEMED REALLY NICE AND THEY PROMISED US ALL THESE THINGS, ETC.ETC.ETC"

Our union leadership makes me sick!

So you don't think that Oneworld would benefit from having the US network added into it?

USAir does NOTHING for AA....NADA!

AA does miracles for USAir......

When this is all said and done,,,,,JetBlue might be the likely merger partner!

Tough luck bud, you have no say in what goes on.
If you think that JB is going to bolster AA into the same league as DL & UA, good luck on that one...

Tough luck bud, you have no say in what goes on.
If you think that JB is going to bolster AA into the same league as DL & UA, good luck on that one...

For one reason and one reason ONLY...and that is JFK.......BUD!

Keep in mind..YOU have no say in what happens either...BUD!

technically jb goes to a lotofthe same places as aa. question is what will the aa employees say or do if US goes ahead and merges with AA?

For one reason and one reason ONLY...and that is JFK.......BUD!

Keep in mind..YOU have no say in what happens either...BUD!

So JFK is going to shoot AA into stardom, and put them up there with the big 2?
Sorry the thought of US gets you all twisted up. I never said that me or anyone here has any control of what takes place. You seem to be one of the ones who think that their kicking and screaming no way about US will actually make a difference. In case you missed it, your union leaders gave been exploring their options without your input. If it does happen, I will be one of the first ones to welcome you aboard......
Perhaps you should be reading more of what your coworkers are saying..

A merger with JB in order to get back many routes that AA gave to them makes no sense...

Some time ago, didn't Southwest make some comments about wanting to become more of an international-capable airline?

Why the preoccupation with the also-rans?

So JFK is going to shoot AA into stardom, and put them up there with the big 2?
Sorry the thought of US gets you all twisted up. I never said that me or anyone here has any control of what takes place. You seem to be one of the ones who think that their kicking and screaming no way about US will actually make a difference. In case you missed it, your union leaders gave been exploring their options without your input. If it does happen, I will be one of the first ones to welcome you aboard......
Perhaps you should be reading more of what your coworkers are saying..

Kicking and screaming? Show me which post where that accusation applies?
I never said JFK will put AA into stardom...Since AA is unable to grow because of slot restrictions at JFK, JetBlue is the best candidate in that respect..
And as for our union leaders exploring their options....IS LCC GOING TO GUARANTEE NO LAYOFFs? NO OUTSOURCING OF MAINTENANCE? Are they going to keep TULE, AFW and DWH fully staffed?

HOW MUCH DOES LCC OUTSORUCE NOW?

Is LCC going to guarantee the $1,000,000.+ retirement checks for pilots?

Unions are so so desparate they would sell their souls to Icahn and Lorenzo!

Your kidding right? NOBODY, NOT EVEN AA is going to be able to promise anything like that. I do believe that US will be able to lessen the blow with less layoffs, and less cuts than AA is looking to get. It's all about the long term viability of the company, and I think that a merger can take things in that direction. Like it or not, its become a game off mass with UA & DL being where they are in comparison to everyone else.

US per the CBA has to do 50% of heavy maintenance in-house and is audited monthly.

Line isnt outsourced, unless a simple repair has to be done at a non-mtc station.