July - IAM Fleet Service Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the IAM wins an election, then history says the non hub stations get hosed again. No different from if the TWU wins I suppose. The only difference is that the IAM can steal more from the IAM pension if needed.
Either way non hub stations are hosed. IMO... regarding senoirity integration, as it pertains to the US Fleet Service, we would be better off under IAM representation. Either way you cut it there will be significant job loss and hardship for our members in the outline stations. To those in hub stations... you are not immuned. A merged carrier may not require all of the existing hub stations. For certain large stations the wolf may be at the door as well.
ograc

Either way non hub stations are hosed. IMO... regarding senoirity integration, as it pertains to the US Fleet Service, we would be better off under IAM representation. Either way you cut it there will be significant job loss and hardship for our members in the outline stations. To those in hub stations... you are not immuned. A merged carrier may not require all of the existing hub stations. For certain large stations the wolf may be at the door as well.
ograc
But, only with a representation election would our members open up a huge risk on their seniority. If the TWU won a election, we would have to look no further than TWA than to see which way the results would go. I'm all for keeping our federally protected seniority rights which preserved a very nice seniority outcome for 'all' airtran employees. WIthout an election, our members federal rights are preserved and we wouldn't have to worry about any TWU self imposition.

Reactions: 2 people
Where do you come up with this idea that the TWU would circumvent MB and "Impose" anything on a potentially combined workgroup?

As far as TWA goes, there was no election but there was binding arbitration with the IAM.At the time we outnumbered them in the 3:1 range.12,000 AA Fleet Service, 4,000 TWA Ramp Service.

Your "Black Helicopter" theory regarding the TWU and seniority will get you tossed off the property faster than you can say "AGC".Sure you may talk to some people in ORD and that's great, but from what I see right now the IAM has a snowball's chance of garnering anything from the AA side other than the TWA guys hoping to get their seniority "Back".

The Air Tran seniority integration is fair? Okay.

Reactions: 1 person
Where do you come up with this idea that the TWU would circumvent MB and "Impose" anything on a potentially combined workgroup?

As far as TWA goes, there was no election but there was binding arbitration with the IAM.At the time we outnumbered them in the 3:1 range.12,000 AA Fleet Service, 4,000 TWA Ramp Service.

Your "Black Helicopter" theory regarding the TWU and seniority will get you tossed off the property faster than you can say "AGC".Sure you may talk to some people in ORD and that's great, but from what I see right now the IAM has a snowball's chance of garnering anything from the AA side other than the TWA guys hoping to get their seniority "Back".

The Air Tran seniority integration is fair? Okay.

I am curious to hear what your idea of a fair seniority integration be if this abortion of a merger should take place?

No party cost me my job, I left US in 05.

Spread more lies Tim, it seems your good at it, but yet cant admit when your caught in one.

Are you that ignorant?

I was a stock clerk when I left US, I didnt negotiate a job away. Our CBA was A B R O G A T E D, the Judge made us vote on a final offer and the membership passed it.

Are you that obtuse that you cant comprehend and you have to lie once again?

IAM protection at work! So if you no longer work for US Air and haven't worked there in at least 7 years (by your own admission) stop asking me why I post here. Last I checked, this is a public forum and anyone is free to weigh in on the discussions and participate. As you said before, if you don't like it don't read it. Its interesting, whenever anyone on here (not just me) questions IAM representation your first defense is that their contracts were abrogated and every union gave concessions.

Josh

This topic is about Fleet Service at US Airways,not you Joshie, go back under your bridge.

This topic is about Fleet Service at US Airways,not you Joshie, go back under your bridge.

I responded to your post. Guess you don't like it so you turn to false, negative attacks, typical.

Josh

When you stop lying and posting false information, then maybe you wont get the treatment you do.

When you stop lying and posting false information, then maybe you wont get the treatment you do.

I'm not posting any false information, that's your standard tactic whenever someone says something you don't like/doesn't suit your agenda and this thread is a perfect example of that.

Josh

You have posted false information about who took concessions first, which was AA back in 83, you claim the IAM at US in 2002, and actually the first group at US to take concession was ALPA.

You fail to grasp Section 1113 C and bankruptcy in regards to unions and their CBAs.

You claim the IAM didnt do anything about the TWA seniority, I proved you wrong and you still post wrong information.

Shall I go through your posts and show you again?

And its not about you Josh, this is a fleet service topic, so get off your high horse and stay on topic.

Reactions: 2 people
I dont see a good outcome if the two airlines merge on senority. What is fair? An arbitrator would more than likely rule on that issue as to what HE thinks is fair. Sorry JFK but I havent seen anything that was fair to any other group that was merged in to the TWU at AA.

ograc
Ograc you and I know that we are subject to the HUBs opinions and decisions. They out number us. And AA out numbers them.

AA is losing 4,200 ramp, to have a total of 6,800, how many rampers are at US?

I dont see a good outcome if the two airlines merge on senority. What is fair? An arbitrator would more than likely rule on that issue as to what HE thinks is fair. Sorry JFK but I havent seen anything that was fair to any other group that was merged in to the TWU at AA.
Or at Southwest. Air Tran employees didn't get spanked as bad originally proposed... but certainly short of DOH seniority integration.

Ograc you and I know that we are subject to the HUBs opinions and decisions. They out number us. And AA out numbers them.
Depending on the NMB's ruling on the eligibility of the furloughed the numbers could be pretty close to even I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.