Layoffs

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Layoffs are on the horizon for aircraft maintenance.
The announcement will be made AFTER the AMFA vote and will be effective REGARDLESS of who wins the election. The layoffs will be effective at the end of the busy summer schedule and will comply with the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) that mandates companies give at least 60 days notice of layoffs and plant closings.

Hey......did you just see what happened there? I believe that Hopeful just tried to justify the layoffs that WILL happen if AMFA gets in. AMFA is famous for "allowing" layoffs without real justification (contract language that sucks!!)) so I guess in order to cover some tracks Hopeful has somehow forwarned us!!!! Inevitable huh??? Only with AMFA!!! Thanks for that Hopeful. Did that order comes straight from the almighty Delle-Femine himself? Or did you come up with that one all by yourself??

If by some slight chance this is an "official" notice of somekind we would like to see the whole notice!!!

Share the love brother!!!!

I can hear the excuses from the TWU already...

"Brothers, it would have been worse if AMFA had got in here."

Fact of the matter is AMFA WILL uphold system protection the TWU has already proven that they WILL NOT.

TWU-Will bend over if provoked!

proAMFA said:
I can hear the excuses from the TWU already...

Fact of the matter is AMFA WILL uphold system protection the TWU has already proven that they WILL NOT.

TWU-Will bend over if provoked!

Finally a true statement worth repeating from an Amfa-ite!!!

Allow me.........

And if the TWU is able to win the election?

And there are layoffs anyway, what then Bill?

Buck said:
And if the TWU is able to win the election?

And there are layoffs anyway, what then Bill?
Just like I quoted Proamfa Buck.........

I have NO DOUBT that this is a true statement!!!

bill, why don't you finish the twu quote you posted?

"Brothers, it would have been worse if AMFA had got in here." (The rest of the quote goes like this.) "However, the twu will not fight to return any of these jobs. Just like we didn't do on the last lay offs because that would make the company mad."

Never fear bill. The twu will not be representing AMTs at AA much longer. You better start looking at defending AA from farming out the remaining Ramp people.

The twu smells fear... and it is their own!

GO AMFA! :D

All the meetings I have attended says otherwise!

This rumor has been circulating thruout the system! Typical amfa rhetoric! But I suspect amfa is preparing for the 50% layoffs that will happen if they were to get in! Kinda stupid to admit this in Public!!!!!!!!

TWU = LOWEST AVERAGE WAGE IN THE INDUSTRY!

paychart.jpg

Bill, give it a rest.
Do you think they're just laying off management?
Doesn't anyone remember earlier in the year Arpey saying AA needs another 17% in cost reductions for 2004?

According to American Airlines, the company is not going to ask labor for any more wage and benefit concessions. But they are worried about the fuel problem. If the company is not going to take concessions from labor, where are they going to get the cost reduction?

Has the consessions we too last year taken full affect yet? It seems to me the majority made a wise choice! Even though, we the unionised employees have all suffered!

AA with lower ASM's than NWA which has laid off 50% of their mechanic's with more coming! Seatle another 31 cleaners last week! ON and ON and ON!!!!!!!!!!!! Like the energizer rabbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No end in sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can't control fuel prices, but labor costs they can. As long as the TWU is on the property, AA can threaten extinction, let alone bankruptcy, unless the union comes up with more savings.

My money is that the pension will be on the table by year's end!

By the way, CIO, are you saying that there will be NO layoffs or NO more concessions from the TWU?

Back