Layoffs

When is management going to start giving up holidays and vacations?

I say before anyone starts talk of giving more or more layoffs we get management to give up what we already have.

Seems to me the parking lot at work last friday (Good Friday) was pretty empty accept for us twu.

Hopeful said:
They can't control fuel prices, but labor costs they can. As long as the TWU is on the property, AA can threaten extinction, let alone bankruptcy, unless the union comes up with more savings.

My money is that the pension will be on the table by year's end!

By the way, CIO, are you saying that there will be NO layoffs or NO more concessions from the TWU?
Can't predict the future, But I do believe the TWU is spending far more time ensure our long term survival that amfa can only dream of!

As for layoffs, our contract language is clear on this subject!

As for more reductions? I believe after the current bump in the road amfa has created is over! We will start working on getting Solidarity back and concentrating on our contract!

I believe amfa is looking at entering negotiations at NWA before we are and I suspect the reductions they will be achieving will have a major impact on the Industry!!!!! Whether it be no members or less pay! Unfortunately I suspect they may be in 4 or 5 contract talks at the same time!!!!!

That's a good one.

You "can't predict the future" and then proceed to do so.

You are not even worthy of being heard anymore.

Checking it Out said:
Can't predict the future, But I do believe the TWU is spending far more time ensure our long term survival that amfa can only dream of!

As for more reductions? I believe after the current bump in the road amfa has created is over! We will start working on getting Solidarity back and concentrating on our contract!

I believe amfa is looking at entering negotiations at NWA before we are and I suspect the reductions they will be achieving will have a major impact on the Industry!!!!! Whether it be no members or less pay! Unfortunately I suspect they may be in 4 or 5 contract talks at the same time!!!!!
I believe that a certain Shop Steward asked those conducting the Steward training class what the TWU was going to do about the concessions the TWU created and was tired of hearing what AMFA has or has not done?

Maybe you should take a survey of your Stewards?

Checking it Out said:

CIO;

Quote:

"We will start working on getting SOLIDARITY "B A C K" (and concentrating on our contract) "'

"WHEN" in HEL* has there "EVER" been any such thing resembling Solidarity within the TWU ?????????????????????????????

CIO, I'm not sure how long you've been around, but FYI, once The TWU/ATD left New York, back in the 70's, that was the "official" day that the TWU/ATD was "diagnosed" as a COMPANY union.

Do you think for one second that(whoever was in charge then/Casey ???) moved HDQ to "DALL-A$$" because they liked the weather ??????????

Ever wonder why, that on the RARE occasions, when the TWU/APFA/APA "flex" their muscles, that the WEAKEST locals/bases displaying SOLIDARITY are in ONLY 2 states ??

Care to guess WHICH states ?????????

A clue. One state begins with the letter "T"(not tennessee), and the other state ends with the last 4 letters "HOMA".

Solidarity my A$$ !!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's/RETIRED(Thank GOD)

"GO AMFA" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
CIO;

Ever wonder why, that on the RARE occasions, when the TWU/APFA/APA "flex" their muscles, that the WEAKEST locals/bases displaying SOLIDARITY are in ONLY 2 states ??

Care to guess WHICH states ?????????

A clue. One state begins with the letter "T"(not tennessee), and the other state ends with the last 4 letters "HOMA".

Solidarity my A$$ !!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's/RETIRED(Thank GOD)

"GO AMFA" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both are RTW states I might add.

Their idea of unionism is simply paying to have another boss.

Back