Letter To All Us Flight Attendants

DCAFLYER - couldn't have said it better - Watch closely at what's happening - and all of you people at AFA who doesn't have the balls to stand up for us I would love to know how much cushy cash you have in your back pockets from good ole broke US...And I don't want to hear this B.S. about oh they said they were going to liquidate, you know damn good and well they weren't going to do that b/c then they wouldn't walk with as much cash - So I would love to know how much money was involved in this b/c if you were duped and fooled by that threat - well then the new US has ALOT to be concerned about...... Even the village idiot knows better than that.... Come on people wake up and smell the coffee... we are onto you and all your A@S sniffing CRONIES...

*sigh*

Clearly the rest of the F/As not only don't understand the "MidAtlantic" situation, they don't want to. No one likes "junior" (4-14 years) people... clearly these F/As too have worked at US Airways but told they work for a fictional non-existent airline instead, working under an equally fictitious contract, and then been directly outsourced and told they are actually not active employees and therefore have no part in the merger. I must have missed when that happened before?

Oh well. They'll win thier lawsuit and have money to do things on layovers and not have to worry about thier ignorant co-workers who sniff at 100 seat airplanes and then #### about being on reserve. If they even come back, or even have the opprtunity too. Glad everyone is so comfortable with integrating all of the junior HP F/As bumping thier seniority up while the junior half of the US list is screwed out of thier jobs. These people have made the ultimate sacrifice for the company several times now, and could at least live without ignorant and condescending comments.

By the way, "MidAtlantic"'s address is 2345 Crystal Drive, Arlington VA. The address initially used was found to be a P.O. Box in Pittsburgh.

Good luck to all. You've set a wonderful precedent for flight attendants in the United States, as you can see by Northwest. I hope no one is as uncaring about your situation when they invent an Airbus division or find someone else to do it cheaper.

The "MAA'd" F/As will be using the PHL crew room until they are laid off... If you see a F/A with that blue square on thier ID, I'd suggest saying nothing to them if you don't know what you're talking about. Seriously.

DCAFLYER - couldn't have said it better - Watch closely at what's happening - and all of you people at AFA who doesn't have the balls to stand up for us I would love to know how much cushy cash you have in your back pockets from good ole broke US...And I don't want to hear this B.S. about oh they said they were going to liquidate, you know damn good and well they weren't going to do that b/c then they wouldn't walk with as much cash - So I would love to know how much money was involved in this b/c if you were duped and fooled by that threat - well then the new US has ALOT to be concerned about...... Even the village idiot knows better than that.... Come on people wake up and smell the coffee... we are onto you and all your A@S sniffing CRONIES...
You're living in a fantasy world if you don't believe that US was close to liquidation.

*sigh*

Clearly the rest of the F/As not only don't understand the "MidAtlantic" situation, they don't want to. No one likes "junior" (4-14 years) people... clearly these F/As too have worked at US Airways but told they work for a fictional non-existent airline instead, working under an equally fictitious contract, and then been directly outsourced and told they are actually not active employees and therefore have no part in the merger. I must have missed when that happened before?

Oh well. They'll win thier lawsuit and have money to do things on layovers and not have to worry about thier ignorant co-workers who sniff at 100 seat airplanes and then #### about being on reserve. If they even come back, or even have the opprtunity too. Glad everyone is so comfortable with integrating all of the junior HP F/As bumping thier seniority up while the junior half of the US list is screwed out of thier jobs. These people have made the ultimate sacrifice for the company several times now, and could at least live without ignorant and condescending comments.

By the way, "MidAtlantic"'s address is 2345 Crystal Drive, Arlington VA. The address initially used was found to be a P.O. Box in Pittsburgh.

Good luck to all. You've set a wonderful precedent for flight attendants in the United States, as you can see by Northwest. I hope no one is as uncaring about your situation when they invent an Airbus division or find someone else to do it cheaper.

The "MAA'd" F/As will be using the PHL crew room until they are laid off... If you see a F/A with that blue square on thier ID, I'd suggest saying nothing to them if you don't know what you're talking about. Seriously.

First of all, I am one of those that is still looking at a decade of reserve.

Secondly you are diluting yourself if you think any judge is going to rule in favor for an employee group that agreed to the pay (which you guys did every time you cashed your check).

It's like a car accident. The minute you cash that check from your insurance company it means you have settled. You can't come back a year later and say they didn't pay you enough to fix your car.

BTW, how does that work with being in good standing with the union when you are sueing them?

I'm about to leave the company in about 20 days....And I can tell you we've all been dooped by the company in more ways than just MAA concept.

The company decieved the employees in every concession and every BK, and in every turn, and who got their hands greased is senior managment with bonuses and promotions for a merger. Going out with more money in pockets, more retirment security than they came in with.

That's why I'm leaving this company.

May find myself, though, in Labor's corner somewhere else.

Anyway, I leave here with my mouth flapping...and telling this story.

Blow it out your rearmost lower bodily oriface.

Very uncalled for. The MAA flight attendants are fighting so that the rest of the flight attendants in this company and in this country don't get screwed the way they have.

Secondly you are diluting yourself if you think any judge is going to rule in favor for an employee group that agreed to the pay (which you guys did every time you cashed your check).

BTW, how does that work with being in good standing with the union when you are sueing them?

Well I think the flight attendants' attorney, who has been very successful representing airline workers (and never has lost a case) would beg to differ with you.

Good standing... long story short is if you are paying dues, you're in good standing. If you're furloughed, you are not paying dues, so you aren't in good standing.

I'm about to leave the company in about 20 days....And I can tell you we've all been dooped by the company in more ways than just MAA concept.

The company decieved the employees in every concession and every BK, and in every turn, and who got their hands greased is senior managment with bonuses and promotions for a merger. Going out with more money in pockets, more retirment security than they came in with.

That's why I'm leaving this company.

May find myself, though, in Labor's corner somewhere else.

Anyway, I leave here with my mouth flapping...and telling this story.

And that right there, helps me sleep better at night. There are people here who understand the big picture in our profession and country and selflessly (and mostly thanklessly) fight for what is right. All the luck in the world to you PITbull.

Hpfa, you can suck my left tit. If I'm reading you correctly you are quoting my sarcastic comment about us "junior" F/As. Newsflash- if you are an HP FA, you are one. And will always be. And oh yeah... while I am in possession of both a face and several orifices, I do not have an "oriface", but if you find it you are welcome to blow it.

Tahitigirl, your comments are stupid enough to speak for themselves. Enjoy your ten years reserve-it'll be fifteen if you and your co-horts allow more throwing under the bus, which you clearly will. Once you are furloughed and away from the beeper it's actually kind of a relief.

As for the others, whatever. Really. Laugh it up. Reap what you sow. Enjoy what's left of your "career", but don't complain about it, at least not to the people fighting the degradation of your job. I wish the "MAA" F/As nothing but success- I hope they win, take thier money and do something else. Read this crap- do you really want to work there anyway, with these people, for minimum wage and the promise of a big bad 40K, still on reserve, in fifteen years (oops, 20 now if you're MAA)? Go somewhere you're appreciated and the co-workers aren't ignorant.

Signing off. Peace out.

Blow it out your rearmost lower bodily oriface.

And after your done sucking lightyears' left tit you can suck my right tit.. You need to understand what lightyears' is talking about before you speak. I hope all USWest employees didn't fall off the turnip truck - You probably don't even know what MDA is so until you are "edUmedicated" keep that sun dried prune mouth closed. ahh ahhh I said keep it shut!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering what I had been missing on this forum....same old stuff. Fighting, mud-slinging, getting off the topic. I think I'll go back to my root-canal....it's more relaxing....

I believe, that what hp fa was responding to was the :

No one likes "junior" (4-14 years) people... submitted by Light Years..

That is just plain rude.................. Maybe YOU don't like "junior" people, so speak for yourself.......

We all started out at the same place at one time....

And you all can suck your own tits.................

b]
Not exactly how I meant this topic to go. But if we are on the subject I'm going to throw my 2 cents in. Btw, I know there are going to be alot of people that disagree, but once again it's just my opinion.

First off I'm going to say I'm very sorry how the whole MidAtlantic thing has gone for those employees who went there. Now here is the BUT:

When you cashed that first paycheck that said MidAtlantic you agreed to the pay scale of which you were being paid. Yes, I'm sure it sucked but it was a job. From what I understand now the MidAtlantic f/as are sueing US and AFA. I'm not a huge union girl, but the union has made it possible for your seniority to remain intact when and if you decide to come back to mainline. I don't understand how you can say you are being disregarded when you are still on the seniority list and now will have many f/as junior to you.

I know it's been hard, but it has been tough on ALL of us. Not only us at US Airways, but over the entire industry.

I posted this letter due to it being one of the only positive things we have received from management in some time. I know alot of people are very sceptical, and rightfully so. But it's like playing the lottery, you can't win if you don't buy a ticket.

Once again, this is just my opinion and I don't mean to hurt anyones feelings.
[/b]

This flight attendant argument has to stop. As for MidAtlantic, the CBA should have protected them, but to think there are FA's working at US/AWA that make more than a MidAtlantic Pilot makes is a joke...just how special does 20+ years of serving off a beverage cart make you?
Everyone worries about outsourcing, but FA's could be replaced by a couple of vending machines and educated passengers. The senior 10% of the FA group is going to start feeling what everyone else in the industry has been feeling...and ladies....whatever your age, it's not going to be pleasant. You may want to make sure you are strapped in for this one. B)

I believe, that what hp fa was responding to was the :
No one likes "junior" (4-14 years) people... submitted by Light Years..
That is just plain rude.................. Maybe YOU don't like "junior" people, so speak for yourself.......

We all started out at the same place at one time....

And you all can suck your own tits.................

I don't want to speak for "light years", but in defense of that comment, and how I perceived it is that it was "retorhical". Its not her personal belief, but her perception of what she believes many other, more senior f/as may think.

Latest posts