Letter To Dave Siegel From Afa

flyingHippie,

Not that I ever need corrected, but for clarity sake.....this company is we the employees. It is and will remain, who we are. Its our collective strength, our loyalty, our dedication to eachother and to the service we provide our loyal customers and it is our collective resolve that will make us percevere to new heights, in spite of this mangement that has truly forsaken us all. They come to us now, knowing they will need to tap and take advantage of our loyalties toward one another to fight SW and all those who dare to come into our territory.

We will beat SW in PHL, but not for this mangement. But for the sake of our sompany. And we will do it the way we know best and always have done it.

Real World,

Please let us know when Dave is willing to take HIS salary down to JetBlue CEO.

I will be waiting for that announcement. That would be the first step in proving sincerety.

Twice baked,

You want to run that by me twice??????????????

Thanks for lettting the CEO know your thoughts!

I am going to try and contain myself here....

You state you hope that "passing" is gone for good? How about all reserves go on 105, or better yet all f/as go on 95 and 105? Like that? Then, my friend, you will never ever get to mainline again. The "passing" reserve system allowed for more jobs, your job.

So, are you going to sit and tell all you never passed? Oh, let me guess..."only for days off, geeeee isn't that special.

I am going to slaughter you on your comment with the reserve system.

JUNIOR RESERVES HATE IT; YOU TOLD ME YOU HATE IT! Now, all your saying is misery loves company??????? Does this make it great? Or even friggen, ok?

Is that what you think? Just as long as I am not the only one miserable?

The "passing" system ALLOWED FOR JOBS. YOUR JUNIOR JOB. your ability to get even hired. Think things through first before you make statements.

Managements are NOT in business to give away anything. We gave much in wages and benefits through the years in order to secure "no furlough" language and the right for "long standing" reserves to pass. Why? Cause reserves are on reserve for life. KapeesH?????? It offered reserves some semblence to a quality of life. Perhaps you don't have one and don't need one, but many do.

THINK MAJORITY.........

Mangement is the one that changed the contracts and gave the proposals you ratified. It is not THE RESERVE'S FAULT WHO PASSED. "Time balance" doeesn't have ANYTHING to do with "passing". Look at the entire system. If all mangement wanted is the "pass". Hell, they could have just taken that. Instead they made sure you are a slave for them the entire month, no timing out, busted your seniority rights to get a trip, AND YOU WON'T make YOUR TIME IN IN ORDER TO SUSTAIN YOUR LIFE. Remind me to smack you silly when I see you. Geez, no wonder we are sitting with these sick-ass contracts. Now, we are into blaiming eachother? Good god.!

PS: Senior folks don't like change??? oouuuu, you're dead meat!

RANT NOW OVER!

Smoke and Mirrors said:
Real World,

Welcome back to the boards!

I could not agree more with your comments. The work rules within this company must change for us to become a more competitive airline. The employees are swift to mention the WN pay scales, but won’t touch their productivity and work rules. Anyone can look at the competition and how their “fleet service” utilizes their job duties. The CWA can take a lesson with the LCCs and their effective work rules. For the outsiders, B6 customer service agents handle inside/outside functions. Below is an example of their duties.

“Customer Service Crewmembers will be responsible for all facets of Airport and Ground Operations. Duties may include customer check-in and boarding of flights, loading and unloading customer luggage, parking and pushing out aircraft, assisting with fleet servicing, cleaning aircraft interior, and maintaining ground equipment. In addition, Crewmembers may also be responsible for the safe loading and unloading of catering equipment.”

The memo by Perry Hayes is an embarrassment to all flight attendants. Teddy Xidas should also end her assault on this management team. Her latest Local 40 update clearly proves that she should end trying to be a “weekend airline analyst”. Does she not understand that WN is not interested in having a level playing field.

With all due respect to our moderators, let me have this one shot please...

Smoke&Mirrors,

Truly, and sadly, you are mangement's "village idiot". As much of a novice that the PIT AFA Pres is on any level of airline analyzing, she knows more when she is asleep than this management knows collectively. And obviously, it just bothers management to no end. SW doesn't care about a playing field, U is just trying to be on the same one. Lesson: "Square peg does not fit round hole."

Perry Hayes finally got mangement's MO. Took him awhile, but he got it. Membership throughout is applauding his statments and action.

In my book, that counts big. Me, I have always known your MO...from day numerial uno.

Change your way of doing business with your employees, OR YOU WILL GO IT ALONE.

:up: Perry, Stand up and take a bow. Great letter, couldn't said it better myself. Hey, Davie Boy, there is a STORM a brewing and it's going to blast you. You treated your employees like &hit, looks like you better not look into the fan.

:censored: Piney, Oh, you do have a way with words. The next time you're on one of U's flights , make sure you look at the flight attendent's coattails, I do believe they are all pinning a sprig of mistletoe on their coattails, just for you. Pucker up !!!!

Pitbull,
I am glad you contained yourself...lol
First...I never said I hated it. I never experienced it to hate it.
Passing and going on a higher option are to different things.
I was making a point that if it wasn't abused (don't tell me it wasn't) it probably wouldn't have been an issue. The "junior" f/a's do like it. Do you want names and numbers?
Did I ever pass? For MORE time only. Not because I didn't feel like working only to collect my guarantee.

Misery loves company? No, it is a fair playing field now.

"It offered reserves some semblence to a quality of life. Perhaps you don't have one and don't need one, but many do."??? Now you're getting personal.

You know I love you, but you were soooo out of line with me on this one.

I am dead meat? come get me...lol

I know where to find YOU and you me...lol

Sorry, I just can't agree with you on this.
I wouldn't be the first time we disagreed, but..........

Twicebaked said:
Take for instance the new reserve system. The "junior" work force loves it, the "senior" hate it. The biggest gripe out there is the No passing thing.
What reserve in their right mind likes the new resreve system..junior or senior? I haven't found one yet! The only people who would like this system are the ones who don't like to fly at all because that is what s happening. Reserves will rarely fly over the 71 hour minimum guarantee. Sorry.....but most reserves cannot survive on a 71 hour paycheck if they are lucky enough to get that. This new system does not benefit anyone but Management. Just another way to chop off the headcount.
People.....wake up and smell the coffee!

Lucifer,

You are exactly correct. I am surprised anyone would say what Twice Baked said. He is obviously mad about something that's bugging him.

TWice Baked,

TODAY, I AM COMING OVER YOUR HOUSE, PUT ON THE COFFEE, AND GET THE ARM WRESSLING TABLE OUT NOW! OR better yet, I'll beat the crap out of you in Chess!

Bob,

Whomever you spoke with about the "new" f/a role and function, is not working at U. She/he must be working at SW or JETBlue.

It is hell here now. Management is trying to get rid of anyone who is 45 and up, cause they know that eventually they may get sick. They consider them a liability, IMO from the empiricle study that is being conducted. WE have many folks who are emotionally depressed out on the line. They need some help, can't afford, can't afford to take off because of the pay penalties, and don't take their meds as prescribed becasue of the cost. Can't go and take the therapy as prescribed becasue of the added co-pays. Frankly, the job has consumed them and they are not stable enough to see the forest through the trees, that there is life after U. At this point, they are so broke, that they can't be without 1 paycheck. Specifically those with children and are single. Folks on LTD and OJI are being thrown off with threats of termination or just taking them off and they are prevented from collecitng out of their sick bank for that work related injury. They assume everyone is raudulent. Sick folks are being harrassed, Medical leaves are being denied unless the union reps get directly involved.

Not talking here about your "sweet thing" that you take care of, those who are truly alone with no support system.

We are collecting data as AFA, specifically the PIT President, AFA rep. management is extremely fond of. LOL..

On Nov. 23, PITbull wrote, " Many employees are medicated for emotional problems now." He/she went on to state, "I have f/as who cut the pills in half, just to make it last longer so they don't have to refill it so soon."

In many of his/her recent posts, PITbull has stated how F/A's are finding themselves forced to go to work due to sick leave policy implementation, denial of Family Leave, wage reduction issues, and the new reserve policy.

Based on the foregoing, does this not imply that some F/A's are reporting to work with mood altering, prescriptive drugs in their system? Is this not against the FAA mandated drug policy? Does this not send up a "RED FLAG" to management, the FAA, and our passengers that their is an increased possibility of F/A's working when they should not?

In my opinion, this is truly an irresponsible subject to bring to these boards. This should have been kept in-house by the AFA to be dealt with by their elected representatives. All this does is give management another reason to increase random drug testing and suspend/terminate those who are discovered to be in violation.

Lindy :down:

lindy said:
In my opinion, this is truly an irresponsible subject to bring to these boards. This should have been kept in-house by the AFA to be dealt with by their elected representatives. All this does is give management another reason to increase random drug testing and suspend/terminate those who are discovered to be in violation.

Lindy :down:
Let me guess...you and Pit are buds? LOL

Lindy,

Beside you being a "lap dog" for management who I found out reports all my posts to senior mangement, the medications that the f/as are on ARE PRESCRIBED, IDIOT. They are NOT illegal. But, obviously you do not know the difference.

We have many f/as who are on anti depressants. Should I hide that fact. Should I join hands with mangement and give half truths, or hey, lets pretend, this doesn't exist at all.

IF YOU GIVE A DAMN, then copy mangement and tell them to STOP with the heavy handed disciplines, doom and gloom scenrio, threats of more BK and concessions, and leave us alone, so we can have an opportunity to repair.

THought I would give you your own little note "best friend".

PITbull said:
Lucifer,

You are exactly correct. I am surprised anyone would say what Twice Baked said. He is obviously mad about something that's bugging him.

TWice Baked,

TODAY, I AM COMING OVER YOUR HOUSE, PUT ON THE COFFEE, AND GET THE ARM WRESSLING TABLE OUT NOW! OR better yet, I'll beat the crap out of you in Chess!
Oh Pitty...

NOTHING is bugging me. Seriously, I will give you names of people at my seniority that are LOVING it.

Also, I don't like coffee and I can't play Chess. You are going to have to give me some other type of beverage and a different game.. LOL
I can arm wrestle though.

The questions is though...Can you take your hands off the keyboard long enough to actaully wrestle me???? CHECK MATE lol

TWice,

Don't oh "pitty" me. I know damn well you can't play Chess, that's why I want to play you. You know me well enough that I can perform many functions at one time. YOu of all people should know this by now.

Please let me know who in hell is in love with this system? Let me know what option they are on. Cause if it is 55, they don't want to be called.

Curious. I would like to hear their insight on it, just to get another viewpoint.

You obviously, don't count.

"Seniors hate change"......just you wait.