Line Stations Pay the Price

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
It seems that since the TULSA goal of bringing in $500 million in contract work is no where near that figure, TULSA is more than happy to let the company close line stations and lay off hundreds of mechanics to save their own necks!

Thanks TWU!

It seems that since the TULSA goal of bringing in $500 million in contract work is no where near that figure, TULSA is more than happy to let the company close line stations and lay off hundreds of mechanics to save their own necks!

Thanks TWU!
Yea thanks TWU/AA is right. TULSA employees did'nt come up with this figure, your TWU/AA Lovers came to this amount, Burchette and Romano are the ones who went out on a limb and said that TULSA could bring in $500 million with the threat that we would be like the other majors who have decided to farm it all out if we could'nt produce.

===========================================================

limit,

Hopeful CERTAINLY does'nt need me to speak for him !!

BUT, let me ask you, Why should "HE" give it a rest ??

"HE" is speaking PURE truth !!

Well you know what they say about the words "TRUTH" and "HURT(s)" !!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
NH/BB's

No,the truth is that many stations the AA flights have been replaced with AEagle flights and aircraft.So if you do not work for AE then your services are no longer needed at the line station.No B.S. and straight to the point.

===========================================================

limit,

Hopeful CERTAINLY does'nt need me to speak for him !!

BUT, let me ask you, Why should "HE" give it a rest ??

"HE" is speaking PURE truth !!

Well you know what they say about the words "TRUTH" and "HURT(s)" !!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
NH/BB's

Because he is implying that the techs in Tulsa actually support such actions.
Most of the people I have worked with here, are from the coast and BS like this is only helping to alienate the troops further.
But then again the BS of one is the truth of another.

Most of the people I have worked with here, are from the coast and BS like this is only helping to alienate the troops further.

Limit-
Tell me then, How close is Tulsa to that $500 million mark?
Company needs to cut costs, so they are looking to line stations.
But what will happen to TUL when they don't hit that mark?

Bottom line, Limit, is that TULSA controls this union due to the voting power, plain and simple. That coupled with the cozy relationship with the company spells disaster for the line people.

TELL ME, WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN TULSA DOES NOT HIT THE $500 MILLION DOLLAR TARGET?

I'm sure there are a lot of techs in Tulsa that are against what the company and the TWU are doing. A lot of guys from Tulsa voted no on the concessions and Burchette got into office with less than a third of the eligible vote. But thats part of the problem. By not producing decent candidates for office Tulsa allows guys like Burchette and McDonald to be their voice, so the voice we hear from Tulsa says "Screw the line".

I went to the big pow wow in Dallas on the 27th and 28th of March, for the line maintenance cost savings brainstorming. Anyway, after seeing the costs of actually closing six of the smaller line stations - the value was minimal. The big plan is to get the productivity up - per typical shift worked for a (line) AMT from 4 hours to 5 or 6 hours per shift. To achieve that, a system wide thinning is expected. However, the stand in stead program is still in play for line MX. So far, three possible plans are being studied. One is a 5 and 5 type plan, the next would be a 1 and 1, and the next would be the $10k extra along with the SIS. This could set off a landslide of retirements - we all know guys that are close, but not close enough - well this just might do it. The company would meet or most likely exceed the savings expected from line MX alone with this early out offer. As far as Tulsa goes, they were tasked with saving almost $50 MILLION for 2006; in addition, to the $500 MILLION commitment they signed on for. Word is, nobody hits the street unwillingly - everybody will be offered a job for what thats worth. B)

I went to the big pow wow in Dallas on the 27th and 28th of March, for the line maintenance cost savings brainstorming. Anyway, after seeing the costs of actually closing six of the smaller line stations - the value was minimal. The big plan is to get the productivity up - per typical shift worked for a (line) AMT from 4 hours to 5 or 6 hours per shift. To achieve that, a system wide thinning is expected. However, the stand in stead program is still in play for line MX. So far, three possible plans are being studied. One is a 5 and 5 type plan, the next would be a 1 and 1, and the next would be the $10k extra along with the SIS. This could set off a landslide of retirements - we all know guys that are close, but not close enough - well this just might do it. The company would meet or most likely exceed the savings expected from line MX alone with this early out offer. As far as Tulsa goes, they were tasked with saving almost $50 MILLION for 2006; in addition, to the $500 MILLION commitment they signed on for. Word is, nobody hits the street unwillingly - everybody will be offered a job for what thats worth. B)

<_< Do you really mean "everyone" will be offered a job!? What about those who are unprotected? :unsure: Or don't they count?

I am basically implying that Burchette could give a rat's ass about the line stations!

Thanks TWU!
Newsflash!!!! :blink: the union is nothing more than an extension of HR!!!They do whatever the company commands and if from the start (june 2003) you actually believed the layoffs were done than you are not thinking. If you go to the m&e website you will see they have inflated the figures to show that Tulsa has saved something near 300 mil so far and i will predict their figures will show success when the deadline nears then you can call me the amazing Kreskin. When i worked in Tulsa they ran that place with fear. I suppose they still do. The company and union officials get together and start fear campaigns to stear the people in the direction they want. I would suggest wherever you work the union is just as lame. The problem is not a line overhaul fight it is a parasite sucking our blood called the TWU!!! :down: