look at what just happened.

dc10boy

Apr 21, 2012
ORD
I did my part. I voted against the T/A.I will no longer be mad at AA.They are just getting away with what WE let them.I am disgusted with my union and my workgroup.We failed as a group to stand up for ourselves, and as such now we deserve everything we get.
I warned the people people touting yes votes not to depend on the pilots scope clause because many line pilots were voting no.Remember this conversation FWAAA?I wrote
"No Eagle ASM cap.They can run an unlimited parallel operation"You replied.
"Nope, that's not accurate. The size of the Eagle (or parallel) operation could only be as large as the pilot scope clause allows."
Guess what guys,There is no pilot scope clause now.THEY stood up for themselves while we cowered.
WE voluntarily voted away all job protection and scope protection.FOR WHAT?A promise of jobs saved.? did you not learn anything in 2003?Maybe now you will see why we need to change unions.Maybe now you will look in the mirror and realize what you have done to our profession.

Reactions: 8 people
I did my part. I voted against the T/A.I will no longer be mad at AA.They are just getting away with what WE let them.I am disgusted with my union and my workgroup.We failed as a group to stand up for ourselves, and as such now we deserve everything we get.
I warned the people people touting yes votes not to depend on the pilots scope clause because many line pilots were voting no.Remember this conversation FWAAA?I wrote
"Nope, that's not accurate. The size of the Eagle (or parallel) operation could only be as large as the pilot scope clause allows."
Guess what guys,There is no pilot scope clause now.THEY stood up for themselves while we cowered.
WE voluntarily voted away all job protection and scope protection.FOR WHAT?A promise of jobs saved.? did you not learn anything in 2003?Maybe now you will see why we need to change unions.Maybe now you will look in the mirror and realize what you have done to our profession.

I disagree - it's time to look in the mirror and CHANGE professions. Aerospace ain't where it's at anymore.

One can be a mechanic, make more money and be treated better - just by walking away from the damned airplanes.

Reactions: 2 people
i too voted no and am dissappointed but will tell you that as tul downsizes hey i got mine im working overtime guys. see ya all the yes voters basically have that attitude if you cant beat em join em! i posted the seniority numbers recently for tulsa as the downsizing begins ill peridically post them.

DC10boy VERY well written as it says we work on everything the apa flies! WE ARE THE LAUHGING STOCK OF THE INDUSTRY! i am ashamed and embarassed to be a member of the TWU and an employee of UNAMERICAN AIRLINES.

Reactions: 2 people
The pilots have no scope clause only if AA imposes the term sheet upon them.

The term sheet for M&R eliminated the ASM cap on Eagle, just like the TA did. Didn't matter if the M&R TA was approved or not - the cap was gone.

And as AA begins outsourcing 777 O/H to China and narrow-body jets to Latin American chop shops we can soon expect DWH to handle all the remaining in-house overhaul within 6 - 7 years.

Just enough time to re-train into another career.​