M&R Vote

Alot of us at AFW feel the same way Jackie, thanks for your support, and if you can help out Danny collecting cards, that would be great.

I agree this was a great place to work haven come from pan am and hiring in 1991 in tulsa I was so happy to be here. I soon learned the phrase I got mine from the Okies and things have gone down hill since. I come in and do my job and that's it won't wear an AA shirt or have anything on my car that says I work here.

I agree this was a great place to work haven come from pan am and hiring in 1991 in tulsa I was so happy to be here. I soon learned the phrase I got mine from the Okies and things have gone down hill since. I come in and do my job and that's it won't wear an AA shirt or have anything on my car that says I work here.
Remember, AA is going to take, as much as the twu is willing to give. Don't blame AA entirely!

Remember, AA is going to take, as much as the twu is willing to give. Don't blame AA entirely!
Exactly sometimes I wonder if they are letting them to get back at us for wanting them out!
We're the only group that doesn't have 100% sick time and I believe the only ones that lost a vacation week. The twu represents the fleet circus group better than us and those guys ate always in the news for stealing and bringing in drugs! Wtf twu?

I totally agree!!

Remember all the bumberstickers you would see in the employee parking lot in the late 80s and early 90s.
Quality from the ground up.......Something Special in the air....ect, ect.................Nothing now......Yep, I don't let anyone know I work for AA when I fly ! If the creditors only knew.

Remember all the bumberstickers you would see in the employee parking lot in the late 80s and early 90s.
Quality from the ground up.......Something Special in the air....ect, ect.................Nothing now......Yep, I don't let anyone know I work for AA when I fly ! If the creditors only knew.

You forgot one " the ontime machine". Lol

Why would you want to work here if your unhappy? Yes it sucks what the company is doing to all of us but it's all are faults. We don't vote that pos twu off the property so I guess we are all hemophrodites we enjoy fcking ourselves! The twu has been selling out all the way to pan am back in tge day yet we keep them around.

I didn't like the 2010 contract but it was definitely better than we have now. I was really surprised tulva voted against it but now I know why they didn't want the line guys making more .

That's where you are wrong. The main concern with myself and everybody that I know that voted No was the retiree medical lose for the 49 yr olds and below or whatever the criteria was.

That's where you are wrong. The main concern with myself and everybody that I know that voted No was the retiree medical lose for the 49 yr olds and below or whatever the criteria was.
So instead you vote yes for a deal where everyone loses not only the retiree medical but the pension and system protection as well.
Your representative made it clear during negotiations that he would only support a deal where the line didn't get any more than OH. The company threw a little money at the line near the the end Tulsa said that was a deal killer that Tulsa would reject it on emotion alone.

AMT66 why don't you lead the way out the door 40 grand its agreat deal!

Don't you mean "$20 grand" after taxes?

$20k in your pocket plus prefunding refund plus company's half of prefunding after taxes (maybe) = $50k, in my case. Not a great amount to walk away from any job, not to mention the wait to receive it.

$50k net to leave (not even a year's pay) - what an incentive.

Don't you mean "$20 grand" after taxes?

$20k in your pocket plus prefunding refund plus company's half of prefunding after taxes (maybe) = $50k, in my case. Not a great amount to walk away from any job, not to mention the wait to receive it.

$50k net to leave (not even a year's pay) - what an incentive.

Understandable if your not of retirement age or don't have another job why leave? The problem I have is the guy in his 60's or more who chooses to stay because he thinks it's a country club. I'm sure every station has them we all know who they are.

I've heard a few of the younger guys who are obviously afraid if losing their job complaining and pointing fingers at guys who play dominoes and other activities.

Understandable if your not of retirement age or don't have another job why leave? The problem I have is the guy in his 60's or more who chooses to stay because he thinks it's a country club. I'm sure every station has them we all know who they are.

I've heard a few of the younger guys who are obviously afraid if losing their job complaining and pointing fingers at guys who play dominoes and other activities.
I'm over 60 and have had little (no pun intended) trouble finding possible employment, even locally. It's just the principle of the thing. $50k in the pocket to leave a job of 22 years? Piles of festering yak crap™, I say. Haven't played dominos for 10 years.

The major problem I have with this is signing up for an uncertainty - why can't I pick my exit date (which in my case would be immediately, if not sooner) and not be subject to the whims of a company that's proven to me in no uncertain terms they are gunning for any individual paid by the hour? A snake is more predictable than AA's management.

Latest posts

Back