May Flight Attendant VPLOA

AlleghenyVista

Advanced
Nov 30, 2006
Does anyone know how many people in PHL took the one month FA VPLOA for May? I was very suprised the company was offering leaves for May with the return of seasonal transatlantic flying.

There has been a special request made to re open this topic saying it's not a union issue. I'm willing to reopen it to discuss the topic of post 1 ONLY. If it goes the slightest bit off or goes to ANY union issue it will be closed again.

A whopping 5 (FIVE) in PHL. Seems hardly worth it. Why didn't the brain trusts in TEMPE offer the 8th month VF's coming back to extend? Duuuh. :huh:

Thanks for the info. Suprised only 5 were allowed to take the leave in PHL. Correct me if im wrong, but arent a majority of the people coming back from the 8 month leave junior? I think most of the senior folks took the 3 month leave Oct-Dec. I could be wrong.

Thanks for the info. Suprised only 5 were allowed to take the leave in PHL. Correct me if im wrong, but arent a majority of the people coming back from the 8 month leave junior? I think most of the senior folks took the 3 month leave Oct-Dec. I could be wrong.
I took the 8 month leave following a one month leave in August and I was scheduled back this May 2nd. I got the May leave too, haha....I'm in DCA and would love to see the list and how many positions were offered. I can't find it on the hub or catcrew. I've done all of my return-to-work stuff except for medical/dental. Just waiting for the return of my ID and parking pass which is in the mail. I heard that there will be another extended leave offer this Fall. :up:

OK I have two questions. First I thought you had to be "active" to be able to apply for a VPLOA. Also why didn't they offer those set to return in may who are on the 8 month VF to extend an extra month? I'm sure some out there would have like to.

OK I have two questions. First I thought you had to be "active" to be able to apply for a VPLOA. Also why didn't they offer those set to return in may who are on the 8 month VF to extend an extra month? I'm sure some out there would have like to.
Asked myself the same thing last night. If I'm correct, they did not offer an extension to the West LOA's either. Maybe it's a way to get the people who really don't want to come back to resign, instead of riding LOA to LOA to LOA? :blink:

You do have to be active to apply/qualify. I will be active on May 2nd. The monthly leave starts on May 5th.

I imagine they decided to offer the monthly to everyone instead of extending to those already out because it would be more fair?

Here is the response from Tempe concerning the same questions that I also had:

Thanks for the great question, which we sent to Rick C. in InFlight
Administration. Since the May VPLOA was announced after the Return to Work
letter/packet was sent out, another letter was recently mailed with the
information you are looking for. Watch your mail in the next day or so for
the letter.

The letter advises those who are returning from the eight month leave that
they may apply for the May VPLOA. If an F/A is successful in being awarded
the leave for May, he/she will have to complete the entire Return to Work
process AND attend training on May 2 if needed. F/As in this situation will
not, however, have to worry about the 2nd to the 5th. In other words,
please be sure you complete the Return to Work process as outlined in your
packet from Rick.

K.S.
Analyst, InFlight Policies and Procedures
US Airways

And where are your AFA union $$$ with this info? Ann, Alin, Rob, Lynne, John......anyone? CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP. Wake the hell up and do your jobs! I know a lot did get a letter hell they are using old lists. Never mind why bother.

Back