Tempe changes it's mind again.......

Wait a minute.....Getting thrown under the bus ?? You people seem to forget that they were to displace TWO HUNDRED of them on January 1st ........

No, I did not forget. Guess it just depends on what side of PIT you view the chain of events from. Here is how I see things from my side:

The company announces it will be closing PIT and gives a dates for displacements. Okay, it equally sucks for the entire FA group.

The union and the company meet again and reach an agreement to delay displacements, which is a win for the majority of FAs; possible TDY assignments for PIT FAs to other bases, which is a win for PIT; Leaves offered in PIT, which is a win for PIT.

Union then says - wait, we cannot have PIT FAs that have not been on reserve in 30 years on reserve in PIT! Why that is just unthinkable how will they pay their bills - and hash out a deal with no regard to other FAs. This is a win for PIT and a loss for the majority.

It does not matter who wrote the e-line or who the intended audience is suppose to be, what matters is that the e-line should be written in such a way as not to offend the entire FA group. In this case the union failed.

Remember, it is not that the PIT FAs are being offered the opportunity to volunteer to displace early that I have an issue with, my issue is with the reasons the union went back to the company to renegotiate the displacements that gave them that opportunity.

PIT's most senior reserve has almost 25 years, and has been on reserve for nearly 2 years. For some on here to say the senior people don't know whats it like to "suffer" the reserve life isn't really fair, because they have. Some may say well they haven't been on reserve for 12 years or whatever, true but thats not their fault. Some may also say, yeah well at least they are at home, thats not their fault either. They have had to adjust their lives to 73 hours with nearly NO ETB because the ETB board consist of maybe a dozen dropped trips if its a good month. The fact remains that there are some very senior people who have lived this system as a reserve long enough to respect those that will have to continue to endure it until there are changes made in a new agreement.

The same thing happen in June with the displacements, they postponed a month but then allowed those that wanted to go in June go. The union would of had to go to the company then and plead for those members wanting to be displaced in June instead of July. Was there this much uproar last summer over the same situation? The bottom line here is move over because each base is going to have to make room for these very senior people whether we like it or not. I can't imagine they are too happy with it either.

If you dont like the AFA, becomes a dues objector, lose your right to attend meetings, vote on your CBA, vote on a strike and vote on your officers.

I don't give a $H!T....I STILL stand by what I said. The union b!tched and complained in the E-line about the 73 hours and please, please, please let them go early as to not suffer on reserve. Go F yourself. I don't want to see ANYONE have to experience this system. With that being said though, why is it ok for US to endure it? PROTECTING THE FEW. Total BS. I understand it kept them from coming early but it's just the idea of how they said it. Unreal how people see things differently. Whatever. And as for YOU diamond cutter...you better sharpen your stone honey because I ALWAYS b!tch and always WILL. I don't know where YOU came from babes. You find it as the company "giving" a little? Your finding this satisfactory and acceptable is predictable of the group. NIGHT.
Are you sober now? And btw its not babes it MR. Babes and yes my stone is sharpend AND I'm heading to PHL just to personally knock you down the seniority list. And before you start calling others A$$holes and to go F yourself .....get involved with AFA see how it works !!! Turn your anger on the company!!!

Listen MR..... :rolleyes: You can come to PHL and bump me all you want....I'm not THAT junior where I'm in danger of being displaced but AM on reserve so no changes for me. If you know the reserve system you'd know there is no seniority with it. Anyway, I was quite sober unlike your reply that couldn't be deciphered. You view it as not being a problem with how that E-line was worded. Well I do along with MANY, MANY, MANY MAAAAAAANY reserves that have been on it for quite a few years now. I understand that senior folks also have been on reserve in PIT. Listen, I'm an original burger and know hundreds. I feel for the base closing and find it total BS. While I feel that way I ALSO feel it's BS how the UNION worded that damn E-line. Let's just shift everyone else around too to avoid putting them on reserve if you don't have to. THAT is the point I'm trying to make. It sounds like they were protecting a few from "the horrors of reserve". So again, go sharpen your stone a bit more. I have no FEAR of your seniority nor do I take your threat personal. It's laughable actually. I'm sure the pleasure will be ALL MINE when I get to fly with you. I have had my share of the sports page paper reading flight attendant. No worries. :rolleyes:

Listen MR..... :rolleyes: You can come to PHL and bump me all you want....I'm not THAT junior where I'm in danger of being displaced but AM on reserve so no changes for me. If you know the reserve system you'd know there is no seniority with it. Anyway, I was quite sober unlike your reply that couldn't be deciphered. You view it as not being a problem with how that E-line was worded. Well I do along with MANY, MANY, MANY MAAAAAAANY reserves that have been on it for quite a few years now. I understand that senior folks also have been on reserve in PIT. Listen, I'm an original burger and know hundreds. I feel for the base closing and find it total BS. While I feel that way I ALSO feel it's BS how the UNION worded that damn E-line. Let's just shift everyone else around too to avoid putting them on reserve if you don't have to. THAT is the point I'm trying to make. It sounds like they were protecting a few from "the horrors of reserve". So again, go sharpen your stone a bit more. I have no FEAR of your seniority nor do I take your threat personal. It's laughable actually. I'm sure the pleasure will be ALL MINE when I get to fly with you. I have had my share of the sports page paper reading flight attendant. No worries. :rolleyes:

no worries here..looking forward to flying with you....and hope we end up being great friends! :rolleyes:

Hey Caps,

Find us a PIT based F/A that makes $1200 a month like a couple hundred do in Philly. Then explain why it's not important that they survive on a 73 hour guarantee. Then explain the situation in Darfur. Kidding. Just looking for entertainment.

sky high states: HEY KAREN, (eat, girl, eat)

You're apparently confusing me with someone else. Show me where I ever posted that it's OK to live off of $1,200 a month. Quite the contrary, I mentioned upping your guarantee, partial block/reserve lines...etc. None of those things would benefit me, even though I feel screwed by the loss of MY pay, benefits, vacation, full pension, and retirement medical care. Yet, all the reserves are looking to their more senior counterparts for improvements to the reserve issue! LOOK TO THE COMPANY! We're tapped out.
Get rid of the bidsheet? I, personally could care less. Bring on preferential bidding. All the best trips would go senior and the worst would trickle down to the juniority.

only stating opinions

I just have one question. How do all of you from PIT think you will be getting to PHL? I don't even think with Southwest as an option ,there are enough seats to bring everyone from PIT back and forth to work.

no worries here..looking forward to flying with you....and hope we end up being great friends! :rolleyes:

Diamond,

Wow, reading your responses. How sweet. You take such seeming pleasure in using your seniority as a weapon to bump others out of their base. Vulgar to say the least and shameful. You can do it but to boast about it is tacky. And hey, reading the sports page.....yeah I think TravelPro pegged you as the type you are. Just as you "typed" a certain group earlier. :blink:

SKY- Appalled as usual. :lol:
(edited by me at the suggestion of SKYHIGH the spelling guru)

SKY- Appauled as usual. :lol:

sky high states: Did you mean, appalled? And, how so?

And, can you blame Diamond for being defensive------>QUOTE (Travelpro72 @ Nov 9 2007, 11:01 PM)
I don't give a $H!T....I STILL stand by what I said. The union b!tched and complained in the E-line about the 73 hours and please, please, please let them go early as to not suffer on reserve.
Go F yourself.

............now, that's VULGAR. :down:

only stating opinions

Is anyone knowledgeable about the unemployment rules in Pittsburgh? If it's like many states, you don't have to search or travel for work outside of 100 miles. That means that all that are affected would qualify for unemployment. It's substantial in Pa; I'm thinking in the $1200 range. I would check with Mike Flores so he could send some info for the PIT F/As. Better yet, don't wait on MF...just call and find out.

Diamond,

Wow, reading your responses. How sweet. You take such seeming pleasure in using your seniority as a weapon to bump others out of their base. Vulgar to say the least and shameful. You can do it but to boast about it is tacky. And hey, reading the sports page.....yeah I think TravelPro pegged you as the type you are. Just as you "typed" a certain group earlier. :blink:

SKY- Appalled as usual. :lol:
(edited by me at the suggestion of SKYHIGH the spelling guru)
Wow Diamond, I have to agree those are some very harsh words. I guess it is no secret that the PIT displacments are not going to be met with open arms when they get to PHL for reasons like that.

Latest posts