More F/A furloughs

As to Coldplay's post, I'm not an airline employee and therefore his/her post tends to confirm my hypothesis.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 3:17:50 PM L1011Ret wrote:

Some people just love to get off on the pain and suffering of others and will think of the most crazy near psychotic rationalizations for doing so.b
----------------
[/blockquote]
I guess the same could be said of people who do not work here, yet continue to try to stir the pot. Look in the mirror L1011.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/10/2003 10:02:01 PM L1011Ret wrote:

Why should TWA LLC F/As give up positions on TWA LLC aircraft that came with the acquisition to native AA F/As? Why should native AA F/As be flying LLC aircraft? Do you mean it is OK to ?exterminate? (language used by LLC F/As) the TWA LLC F/A?s?
----------------
[/blockquote]What positions have they given up. Since AA took over the assets of bankrupt TWA. They have dumped the 717's the 767's and will see the end of the 757's before they cross the fence. AA has also parked a number of MD80s. So its not OK for a AAer to work on a LLC a/c in your book. Will the same hold true for the LLCers. should they not be allowed on the AA purchased or leased a/c?

We already know LLCers are not permitted to fly AA A/C per APFA policy on transfers. What I refer to is from Jane Allen, "The change in plans means that when we modify TWA aircraft and bring the modified planes over the fence, crews based outside St. Louis will fly them for the foreseeable future."

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 5:49:55 PM FA Mikey wrote:

furloughs to date.
Boston 71
Washington 74
Dallas 278
New York 185
Chicago 180
San Fransisco 97
St. Louis 1239
----------------
[/blockquote]

Old numbers, Mikey. The senior TWA FA flying today is #2446 and it will be #1706 by May 1. That's more like 2500 furloughed, or roughly 60% of those here at the time of acquisition.

But this isn't about seniority or the staple job anymore. The company has announced it doesn't intend to offer overage leaves or extensions of current overage leave anywhere but STL, although the overage doesn't exist here. This decision will cost hundreds of STL jobs, and cost hundreds of AAers their right to leaves that they want.

I want to know what APFA intends to do about it.

MK

Mikey you say "they" as if we had a choice to dump the 717 and 767's. AA dumped them. Not us.

All the remaining aircraft are crossing the fence without us and you guys are being paper trained to fly them. So much for two great airlines and one great future.

Mikey, out of all the posters from the native side, I must say you have been far more dignified than some of your colleagues. We can agree to disagree and that's ok.

We are all very upset with what is going on and we need to try and understand the frustrations.

However the lawsuits play out that is what we will all have to live with. From the very start of this merger or aquistion or whatever anyone wants to call it. APFA was very aware that a lawsuit was coming. Not a surprise. In fact I remember a APFA rep months ago telling us that the Union dues had to go up to fight the TWA f/a lawsuit because we were not a small group of Reno F/A's.

Now get this. I am paying Union dues or should I say was...since I am furloughed, for APFA to fight the DFR lawsuit. Hey guy's we are helping your lawyers and paying Mr. Ward and crew. Is that not crazy?

F/A Cold Play: Your STL padding is getting thin. Soon you will be furlough fodder before you know it...and ta-da you will be gone as well. But you know what? I will be fighting with a few thousand others to get our jobs back. For example: Extending recall to 7yrs via LOA [letter of agreement with the company and APFA].

Now for a different twist what if AA and EAGLE merge the seniority list as APA and AMR are discussing. I guess APFA and APA will put them at the bottom as well.

Ok...this should be a different thread.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 4:47:17 PM easy victor1 wrote:

We are doing EXACTLY what YOU would do if the shoe was on the other foot.

----------------
[/blockquote]

The shoe has been on the other foot for many of us. And you are wrong! AA didn't honor my years at Braniff and I didn't expect them to. AA didn't match what I was making at Braniff let alone give me a raise from what I was making. Ask anyone at USAirways if they expected to get a raise after their company declared bankruptcy. Sorry Bush has let the economy take a dump but thats the way it goes. And don't feel like your the only ones going to hit street, before this is all over furloughs will most likely hit the native AA'ers.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 9:03:42 PM easy victor1 wrote:

F/A Cold Play: Your STL padding is getting thin. Soon you will be furlough fodder before you know it...and ta-da you will be gone as well. But you know what? I will be fighting with a few thousand others to get our jobs back. For example: Extending recall to 7yrs via LOA [letter of agreement with the company and APFA].

----------------
[/blockquote]

oh boo hoo...if I become furlough fodder, who gives a crap? the difference between me and you is that I'll accept my fate with dignity and without groveling and whining and crying about the unfairness of it all and blaming the apfa and aa for my predicament. because I know that if furlough comes then it's because it reached my seniority, seniority i've earned from day one at AA and not by the seniority i've earned working at USAir or PanAm. the beauty of it all is that whatever happens I'll still and always be recalled ahead of you and I'll still always be senior to you. this isn't the only job that's out there and i certainly will not sue AA and the APFA because I lost my job.

your furlough came two years too late, actually be grateful it's a furlough. it should have actually been nothing at all.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 11:46:22 PM coldplay wrote:

the beauty of it all is that whatever happens I'll still and always be recalled ahead of you and I'll still always be senior to you. ----------------
[/blockquote]

Agreed, at least until the lawsuit is won.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 10:24:21 PM MiAAmi wrote:

AA didn't honor my years at Braniff and I didn't expect them to. AA didn't match what I was making at Braniff let alone give me a raise from what I was making...
----------------
[/blockquote]

I didn't know AA bought Braniff.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/12/2003 8:41:51 AM onceoza wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 11:46:22 PM coldplay wrote:

Agreed, at least until the lawsuit is won.
----------------
[/blockquote]

oh so sorry about that, in my haste I did actually forget to say that *LOL*

actually better words would be IF the lawsuit is won. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 9:03:42 PM easy victor1 wrote:

F/A Cold Play: Your STL padding is getting thin. Soon you will be furlough fodder before you know it...and ta-da you will be gone as well.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Ok Mr Magician ta-da we will be gone as well. Will you finally be happy when we are all on the street looking for a job?

Grow up!

People are arguing about different things here. The original thread was about furloughs. There are two lawsuits and hundreds of complaints to the EEOC. The DFR suit is the one about furloughs. It has nothing to do with the seniority suit. It is about APFA's failure to represent LLC F/As in a number of ways that impact furlough and training. I think they have a good case, but we shall see how the court rules.

Latest posts