More F/A furloughs

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/12/2003 2:33:27 PM MiAAmi wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/11/2003 9:03:42 PM easy victor1 wrote:

F/A Cold Play: Your STL padding is getting thin. Soon you will be furlough fodder before you know it...and ta-da you will be gone as well.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Ok Mr Magician ta-da we will be gone as well. Will you finally be happy when we are all on the street looking for a job?

Grow up!

----------------
[/blockquote]

of course easyvictor would be happy, after all we'll be one big happy union, together standing at the unemployment office. all for one, one for all, everything would be fair and equitable then because everyone is out of a job. he's out of a job, coldplay is out of a job, MiAAmi is out of a job, I
m out of a job, GWBush is out a job (wait, I'm thinking 2 years ahead!).....

I just wanted to quickly remind the nAAtives that, as much as they would like TWA to be dead and gone, the fact is we are very much alive. Each day, there are 100+ jets (stripped of their once dignified paint) plying the skies with a big ole red and white Operated by TWA sticker beside the front door. Also, if that isn't convincing enough, on those same 100+ a/c is a safety card in EVERY seatback that says TWA. I'm sorry guys, you have some "getting over it" to do yourselves. You can't quickly erase an airline more experienced than AA.

TWAB717:
You have a point. No one was more experienced than TWA when it came to losing money. And you're right TWA is here to stay and we have a lousy financial situation to prove it. We are deeper in the hole than we would have otherwise been without the purchase. And thanks to the TWA purchase and its "SENIOR AND OLDER" workforce, American has, overnight, absorbed all those TWAers with their "prexeisting" medical conditions and their spouses "presexisting" medical conditions. Thanks to the purchase, our medical costs have shot up immediately with the costs past on to the employees rather than through a more gradual increase in contributions.

But hey, you're right TWA is far more experienced.

Thanks to the purchase, our medical costs have shot up immediately with the costs past on to the employees rather than through a more gradual increase in contributions.

But hey, you're right TWA is far more experienced.

...Yet another brilliant observation...things that make you go.hummm....I love it...just love it...Great point/good post!

AC AA LA FA:

I'm going hummmmmmmmmmm right now! Do you see my point or are you being sarcastic?

..Make no mistake about it...I see your point a good one at that..and agree 100%
With all the wit and humor slung around these BB- I guess it can be hard to seperate fact from fiction sometimes!!
Sorry for the confusion!!-AC

I'm glad you do agree that TWA is more experienced than AA. That experience is water off our back to what you guys are screaming about being unsustainable. The last 10 years of TWA's operation was exactly the same as AA's has been the last 18 months. It's fun to watch the nAAtives scramble when they are FINALLY faced with adversity. It is a way of life for the TW gang, so I'm anxious to see how the invincible Sky Nazi's juggle their first true test.

TWAB717:
Do you know how many of AA employees were formerly employed by Eastern Airlines, PanAM, Braniff, and a host of other failed carriers? Do you think that TWAers have the lock on hardship? I hear how former TWAers blast AAers for selfish positions, bot there are a good number of these former failed airline employees who have earned the right to complain. TWAers should make Carty a saint for saving them! Had Crandall still been around, AA would have picked some of TWA's routes without the baggage!

He got the London routes 12 years earlier when they were sold by Icahn. In a recent interview from Florida, Crandall after some musing on the state of the airline industry, was pined down by a reporter who asked, "What three things would you do?" Crandall's response, "Cut costs, cut costs, cut costs!" He said nothing about the TWA acquisition or other management decisions.

What's your point? Unless he was asked that specifically, I think there were many issues he could have covered.

That leads to another side of this argument. Do you suppose AA management is offering overage leaves only to LLC F/As because because it follows the APFA contract? The contract clearly states that OVLs be offered prior to a furlough. And yet OVLs will not be offered to native AA F/As, only to STL F/As. And the overage is not in STL but at other AA bases. All this per Jane Allen. Such decisions, to my mind clearly not following the contract, create a lack of trust with the employees, more litigation, etc. So where is APFA in representing STL LLC F/As?