Negative Air

Siegel has already mentioned that in 2004 there might be a need to lower more costs. I believe the 2004 cost reduction initiative could be the outsource of the 2004 A320 family heavy maintenance.

Any thoughts from the IAM members? I am not familar with your contracts.

I wish all the best for you guys & gals (is that politically incorrect? Sorry ladies) at U.
The industry is starting to turn around; hopefully U will restore the 5% soon. You''ve all done a fantastic job of keeping the company together when it looked like the wheels were going to come off.

Your biggest threat now is the Star Alliance. Beware the wolf in sheep''s clothing.

To those who have NOT been affected in one way or another,have nothing to moan about right?

So DS is droppin hints in '04' eh?
DELETED BY MODERATOR

Time the employees DEMAND MORE OF MGMT !
If he feels labor costs are too much, then CEO's are waaaayyyy over compensated!

he is NOT WoRTH IT..A happy employee is a PRODUCTIVE employee..

But again, he KNOWS nothing of this...

I'm tired of all this bull....

Next?

14.gif

----------------
On 6/20/2003 2:21:46 PM harleyrider wrote:

I think management should just rename U to Negative Air, because that is all we employees and the flying public hear from this management team.

The same can be said for the employees at U who seem to think a job is an entitlement, I read alot more bitchin from the employees than from mgt - and mgt bitches ALOT.

Betrayed!
That’s how I feel. As the board of directors hired a young executive
“The best of the Best†education etc. and he tells us that Parity might not work. Then he tells us that take these cuts and everything will be okay. A couple of months later he tells us it wasn’t enough. They came back for more! The Union tells us to vote this contract in! We still have the job protection. “Heavy Maintenance is Ours†Now the Company is going to do whatever they can to farm out more of our work. The IAM will fight it and as compromise I expect them to let US Airways farm out a portion of our heavy checks so we don’t risk loosing it all in litigation. “ The spineless, Jellyfish, Union leaders†ALL OR NONE!
Mark my word, the Company is in the grooming process of more concessions as we speak.

Mullin said that Song has 4 applications for every F/A opening. The pay might not be great with the concessions, but there are a few thousands furloughed US employees that would love to take your place.

Why would Delta want to hire U people or for that matter anyone from any other airline? Delta has cut its own work force drastically and they should have first dibs on any job at Song. Delta and Song don''t need U attitudes. Nonetheless best of luck.

First of all, I would like to say to every US Airways employee, "Keep up the GOOD work!" Under the current WORLD economic downturn YOU are doing everything you can to keep the company alive. The industry respects you for it and it shows.

How can I say this..... I''m a furloughed US Airways Pilot. I''ve moved on AND found work flying for a carrier that flies globally. Every country that I''ve been to has/is face difficult economic times due to terrorism/SARS, etc.

I am one of the few pilots that has flown with Mr. Munn. Deep down he is a good man and a good aviator, that wants nothing more than his company to survive, so that YOU and he has a continuing career.

For those of you who are complaining about the money you are making (or not).... face it, good financial times are over for the airlines. TOO Much competition from LCC''s and foreign carriers has forced lower salaries/wages. NOT your unions fault or YOURs, and frankly not managemnets either. As soon as YOU recongize this........ the easier your life will be.

I love aviation and flying...... but I know...... I will not make the money, past generations have until the global economy changes.

Be happy with your family....... that''s what is most important. If this job is not meeting your finacial goals..... I respectfully suggest you should move on to another career.

I wish ALL US Airways employees the best and continued success.

Be Safe,

Sky

a319f/a

The outsourcing of the airbus heavy maint cks is a contract violation according to the IAM.I hope it does not turn into a strike issue for the company.Dave forgot he is no longer in bankruptcy.He has to play by the rules !!!

Sorry Chip, you are wrong once again, the airbii narrowbody start coming due this Ocotber, not 2004, and it is IAM covered work as I EXPLAINED to you NUMEROUS times, can you not comprehend that?

Actually I hear Dave is gonna sell all the jets to Mesa and then Mesa will pay the flight crews Mesa''s Wages to save millions.

And can anyone answer this question:

What part of US Airways can turn a profit and not involve a single passenger?

----------------
On 6/20/2003 3:17:31 PM Chip Munn wrote:

Harley:

Every network carrier is restructuring to meet the demands of the marketplace. Is it Siegel''s fault American''s employees now earn less than US Airways'' employees? Is it Siegel''s fault that labor expense, as a percentage of revenue. is less at the low cost carriers than the network carriers?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Interestingly, WN''s and U''s labor costs have historically been about the same percentage (38-40%) of total costs.

-----------------------------------------------------------
USFlyer is right, from a business perspective there has been alot of good things happen at US Airways that in the end are good for the employees.
------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps for the relatively few employees left standing. I''m sure, Chip, you have done the necessary calculations and know you will be one of those. I''d wager our furloughed comrades have a different take.

Why? Unless the company makes money, there is no company -- thus no jobs. Furthermore, if anybody doen''t like here, whether it''s me, you, or anybody else, we all have the option to resign.
------------------------------------------------------------

We agree on the first statement. With regards to the second, I''ve never been a fan of the ''love-it-or-leave-it'' school of thought - that''s just facism dumbed down.

If every carrier was in the bind U was in, the flavor of these posts would be different. But historically (PI did just fine during the 70''s OPEC shock and the 80''s recession) and currently, (WN!) we know airlines can do right by their customers, shareholders and employees during tough economic times. Only those with limited imagination and business skills or an elitist world view abuse those three stakeholders.

JM2C
-----------------------------------------------------------=
Best regards,

Chip

----------------​

Would you please take off your rose color glasses, Austin said in 18 months if U doesn't show a profit he is going to liquidate the company, he wants more MONEY from the employees, Austin is going to make this work even if it puts us all in bankrupcy. He is never going to give your 5% back. He is bound and determined to make this work, to make a NAME for himself if it kills us all....oh heck, let's just say it How many in this company have already checked out, gone to the big airline in the sky because of managements greed!!! Sure you can say it wasn't managements fault,,,,but,,,,like the old saying goes , they're the straw that broke the camels back. Everyone of us all, live in a nice coccoon, no worries, peaceful, and when someone disrupts our little world, some see no way out...hope you all sleep well.