New A-330's ordered

A couple of years ago when this merger was created, I could honestly say there wasn't going to be that many F/A's who wanted to transfer out West, But, now that the East is starting to close bases and seniority on the East Coast is stacking higher and higher you are not only gonna see West Coast commuters come out there but other F/A's that can have a better schedule or who can get off reserve. God forbid PHX ever gets TransAtlantic flying, PHX would get super senior super quick! Have that scuba gear ready....the boats are loading up!
See my new post!

I was talking in the pretense US Airways, that we don't have West pilots on dash,
But does the DASH 8 rate “pretenseâ€￾ still exits at HP
The DASH 8 needs a home Piedmont/express plans is to get rid of them

A couple of years ago when this merger was created, I could honestly say there wasn't going to be that many F/A's who wanted to transfer out West, But, now that the East is starting to close bases and seniority on the East Coast is stacking higher and higher you are not only gonna see West Coast commuters come out there but other F/A's that can have a better schedule or who can get off reserve. God forbid PHX ever gets TransAtlantic flying, PHX would get super senior super quick! Have that scuba gear ready....the boats are loading up!

Well, let's just say for the sake of argument that Doogie does institute some transatlantic flying out of PHX as he indicated he might with the extra A330s just announced. Let's also say that a bunch of very senior (pre-1983) east F/A's bid PHX to fly it. What exactly that you have now as a west F/A do you lose?

Well, let's just say for the sake of argument that Doogie does institute some transatlantic flying out of PHX as he indicated he might with the extra A330s just announced. Let's also say that a bunch of very senior (pre-1983) east F/A's bid PHX to fly it. What exactly that you have now as a west F/A do you lose?

Seniority.....The west coast commuters in PHL/ CLT mostly fly T/A for obvious reasons which are pay and for commutable trips. If they can do a short commute to PHX, they'll be there in a heartbeat even if it's only LGW and FRA.

Seniority.....The west coast commuters in PHL/ CLT mostly fly T/A for obvious reasons which are pay and for commutable trips. If they can do a short commute to PHX, they'll be there in a heartbeat even if it's only LGW and FRA.

Seniority? That's already been decided. You won't lose anything you already have. You don't have transatlantic flying, so why would you feel entitled to take it from flight attendants that are senior to you JUST because you are in PHX right now, and they aren't. Welcome to the real airline industry.

Seniority? That's already been decided. You won't lose anything you already have. You don't have transatlantic flying, so why would you feel entitled to take it from flight attendants that are senior to you JUST because you are in PHX right now, and they aren't. Welcome to the real airline industry.

:huh: Umm, that's my point....I was responding to WCT's post about how many, if any East F/A's would be going West.....I'm not out West, see my avatar.

See my new post!
First of all, we need a joint contract.
Our flexibilty is way better on the West side. We do things first come/ first serve. This goes for etb, and our maestro drop pick up with the company. When you want to trade or pick up something it is automatic, and not based on seniority. We also have a high time option for fa's that want to work a lot of hours, up to 140 a month!! They can go in early, on the 20th of each month and pick up company open time and build there block/line up to the amount they wish! If you guys want to come to PHX, fine and dandy! We are going to fight the things I listed! We have a lot more vacation time too. Not giving up a single day until all East has the same time off, period!! PHX base might be real senior one day, but we need to protect all good things for all fa's in any base. :up: Raises across the line.
And there is hints, we will be doing International out of PHX very soon!! FRA and LHR. :up:

You've got no argument from me on this one! I for one am perfectly happy staying based on the East Coast, even being from Texas and all, the East still has more flying options and for me that's what it's all about. I'm sure once the integretion begins there will be a leveling out of the playing field, which needs to happen! But the MAIN focus is getting a FAIR joint contract for both sides.....SOMEDAY!

Interesting. You mean that your "career expectations" never envisioned even the slightest possibility of larger aircraft? :lol:

The point of my post is a counter to those who salivate at the possiblilty of using LOA93 rates to whipsaw the pilot group or in a worst-case scenario, scab a strike by west pilots. While the west has a proven track record of rational thought and action, they could conceivably offer to fly A330/340 at their current book rate if that's how the game was going to be played.

U-SAPs: Pilot's racing each other to the bottom, just so they could say they got there first. :p

If We NEVER Cease To Amaze You...Then Just Say NO To The Profit Share Check You Will Get AGAIN From To Backs Of Us EASTIES!! :down:

phlfa88....

I'm guessing it will come in around 7k this year and I certainly won't be turning it down. A big Thank You to the east for making it possible!

The point of my post is a counter to those who salivate at the possiblilty of using LOA93 rates to whipsaw the pilot group or in a worst-case scenario, scab a strike by west pilots. While the west has a proven track record of rational thought and action, they could conceivably offer to fly A330/340 at their current book rate if that's how the game was going to be played.

U-SAPs: Pilot's racing each other to the bottom, just so they could say they got there first. :p

There are no scabs in the east pilot group. Scabs only exist in the west group.

While the west has a proven track record of rational thought and action, .....................

Ummm....er....ah....that is....ummm.....nevermind.

I think it best, in the proper spirit of Christmas, to just go with "no comment" :blink:

Our flexibilty is way better on the West side. We do things first come/ first serve. This goes for etb, and our maestro drop pick up with the company. When you want to trade or pick up something it is automatic, and not based on seniority. We also have a high time option for fa's that want to work a lot of hours, up to 140 a month!! They can go in early, on the 20th of each month and pick up company open time and build there block/line up to the amount they wish! If you guys want to come to PHX, fine and dandy! We are going to fight the things I listed! We have a lot more vacation time too. Not giving up a single day until all East has the same time off, period!! PHX base might be real senior one day, but we need to protect all good things for all fa's in any base. :up: Raises across the line.
And there is hints, we will be doing International out of PHX very soon!! FRA and LHR. :up:
I'm not sure if anyone on the West realizes this but prior to 2002 US Airways Flight Attendants had one of the best and most flexible contracts in the industry and also had those vacation days that the West f/a's have now. Even the RSV's had it pretty good and I for one really had no complaints about what was to be had. Also the lineholders on the West have some pretty good flexibility at the expense of the RSV's and as far as I'm concerned that Auto'ing thing needs to go right out the window. and who on earth would want to work 140 hours a month if you never have a day off to enjoy anything?

140 hrs a month...oooo...you seem SO excited...oooo... Get Real, You are being treated like a pack mule and you're HAPPY? How bout a raise to a livable wage at 85hrs. Have a life and some down time to get away from the nightmare you are given everyday for those hrs. EAST appreciates your support for the east vacation time and raises but come on....you have no idea what a REAL airline life is/was like. You are probably a nice guy/gal but... EAST COAST IS THE REAL THING AND THEY WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH 140 hr months, no senority and Filthy aircraft. We wish you the best..friend

There are no scabs in the east pilot group. Scabs only exist in the west group.

Did you write all of Nixon's speech's or just the "I'm not a crook" one?

Was there a strike at AWA that I didn't know about and some crossed the picket line? Wow, toothy, I'm glad you're here to keep me up to date on things.