No Snacks Starting June 1st?

EXACTLY! ! ! ! I don't give a $H!T what airline you are. If oil approaches what they are hinting at this summer we'll be out of a damn job. I'm no fan of the funkified cheapness that Tempe pushes but this is getting a bit serious. It's obviously a bit more complex than just "raising the fare" so.....WHAT? It's nickel and dime time for EVERY passenger less our FF's and full fare folks. Sorry. There is just no way around it.

No they will fly your competition and you will be out of a job

Ok guys make up your mind. Raise the prices to cover costs from half the FFs here and now if we do we'll be out of a job cause everyone will be flying someone else from another group. This is almost as interesting as the "tastes great, less filling" debate. :ph34r:

Seriously, the prices need to be raised. In the past week I've seen $85 tkts TPA-LGA and $105 tickets TPA-SAN. Both of these are too low with fuel the way it is. IF the company is going to continue to offer these prices, they need to make da** sure that the customer knows this is for transportation from A to B only and nothing else. If you want anything else for these prices, you need to pay for it. The company needs to manage expectations and quit pretending that things are the way it was. (Isnt that the advice we keep getting?) Really, make it known that there are no frills, no freebies, cheap seats only for the ride for these prices. Quit trying to pretend we are the USAirways of old. We arent and unfortunately for those of us on the front line, people seem to think we are and cant get past the grand days of flying. *For those of you who were unable to find these cheap seats, sorry it didnt work out for you, keep trying, they are out there.

(PS- If you're wearing flip flops and a wife beater you really dont expect to be given a free First Class upgrade do you?) :blink: :rolleyes:

Well am hearing from sources, that they are looking at charging for canned sodas.
Canned sodas? Does that mean anything served in a can? SO coffee and water will be the only thing for free? Give me a break! Just get rid of serving on flights under 1 hour, or water and coffee only! Like any of us are going to have time from PHX-LAS, CLT-PIT, writing out liquor paperwork and soda paperwork and account for all the money while it is TURBULENT! Oh, and think if we go cashless??! :rolleyes: :blink:
Show me the money, and maybe I will give them a hat trick too! :elvis:

There is an alternative to the constant nickel and diming. It's called rational fares...and by rational I do NOT mean low.

There is a common misconception in this business that if you're not the cheapest, people won't fly with you. Well guess what? If you are the kind of customer who ONLY flies the cheapest fares, you are a liability to the airline, not an asset. They would be better served from a financial perspective to let your seat go empty in the long run--as you provide a guaranteed loss to the airlne you choose to "favor" with your business. So instead of being afraid that this type of customer WILL fly someone else, LET THEM!

Now you need to price according to what it really costs you to provide transportation, PLUS a profit. By RATIONALIZING the fares, you can lower the top fares, since the bottom also comes up, and your AVERAGE fare will increase significantly. This is not only more fair to the business traveler who subsidizes the "Kettles", but will result in more total revenue, WITHOUT the nickel and diming.

It has been proven time and time again that Elite FF's provide a revenue premium to the airline of their choice. Instead of marketing cheap fares to "Kettles" they should market to the FF community--find an advantage (right now none) and flaunt it.

The fact of the matter is that fares have to go up--and if you can't afford to fly any more, so be it.... in the animal world it's called natural selection.

Sorry but that is the cold hard truth.

There is an alternative to the constant nickel and diming. It's called rational fares...and by rational I do NOT mean low.

There is a common misconception in this business that if you're not the cheapest, people won't fly with you. Well guess what? If you are the kind of customer who ONLY flies the cheapest fares, you are a liability to the airline, not an asset. They would be better served from a financial perspective to let your seat go empty in the long run--as you provide a guaranteed loss to the airlne you choose to "favor" with your business. So instead of being afraid that this type of customer WILL fly someone else, LET THEM!

Now you need to price according to what it really costs you to provide transportation, PLUS a profit. By RATIONALIZING the fares, you can lower the top fares, since the bottom also comes up, and your AVERAGE fare will increase significantly. This is not only more fair to the business traveler who subsidizes the "Kettles", but will result in more total revenue, WITHOUT the nickel and diming.

It has been proven time and time again that Elite FF's provide a revenue premium to the airline of their choice. Instead of marketing cheap fares to "Kettles" they should market to the FF community--find an advantage (right now none) and flaunt it.

The fact of the matter is that fares have to go up--and if you can't afford to fly any more, so be it.... in the animal world it's called natural selection.

Sorry but that is the cold hard truth.

And Elite FF's Also Pay For Cheap Fares!! :rolleyes:

America West had rational fares before the merger. I thought the company was going to keep this plan, but $1430 ow walk up fares between PHX and CLT do not seem rational.