Non-Rev & Retiree Date of Hire Gone?

mlt

Senior
Dec 2, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Is it true that all retirees with 20 years or less seniority are no longer allowed to non-rev based on their date of hire? I have heard they will be boarded after all other active non-revs. If this is true, what is the logic? Seniority has always been a time honored tradition.

These days with less than 20 years your considered a new hire.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/19/2003 6:28:43 AM mlt wrote:

Is it true that all retirees with 20 years or less seniority are no longer allowed to non-rev based on their date of hire? I have heard they will be boarded after all other active non-revs. If this is true, what is the logic? Seniority has always been a time honored tradition.
----------------
[/blockquote]
If you are retired you should feel lucky. I hope you took a lump sum and put in the bank. The employees not so lucky to retire and who are stuck here, the least of their concern is for retirees non-rev benefits. You can always buy a ticket and help out your former fellow employees.

As far as I know, retirees that had the so called gold cards before they retired are still allowed to fly with their seniority. I have not received any notification from the company as to any change. Besides for 32 years I flew everywhere I wanted to go and now I just enjoy the fun, the pleasure of the open road, looking at all the scenery and letting the wind fly through what little bit of hair I have left. You just don't see much at 35000 feet.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/19/2003 6:28:43 AM mlt wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]In a letter to employees, President and CEO Dave Siegel outlined several enhancements to the employee travel program, most of which are effective Jan. 1, 2003. Changes include: the eligibility of single employees to register a companion for term pass travel privileges; allowing retirees to purchase up to four companion passes each year; and a modification to employee lifetime travel eligibility, which specifies that employees hired after Jan. 1, 2003, will be granted lifetime travel privileges once retired from US Airways if they are at least 55 years of age and have achieved 10 years of service. Beginning in April 2003, a change in boarding priority will allow active employees and retirees with 20 or more years of service to board at a higher priority than retirees with fewer than 20 years of service. And, ID-90 travel privileges on other airlines will be introduced at a later date for domestic partners and their eligible children.

this should clear it up for you ...if you wanna read about it goto the hub and click on news and scroll down (you have to go pretty far since the letter came on Dec 10 )to TRAVEL PROGRAM ENHANCEMENT