Nonrev travel forum

I tend to use dargal and perx to do my initial searches but then book with one of the smaller sites as they don't usually charge booking fees.

Also for cruises and disney world I call them direct as they honor interline rates directly and you save on the booking fees :)
I do the same, but often making a direct call to a hotel or resort will save even more.

Please keep this one as a "sticky", I have also been out of the loop for a while. If I print it & put it in my files I'm sure I wont be able to find it later this summer, when I need it. I went to a few of the sites listed (curiosity), all were good. I believe there will be many more contributors that can help.

Anyone have any recommendations on doing Disney (FL)? I've never been. Two children 6 & 10 yrs. old.
Single biggest advice (especially with young children) spend the dollars and stay on property. With all the walking and long days being able to head back to the room for an hour or two is priceless. You will see more of the park and not feel like you have to do the 18 hour day marathons. I didn't and that was a long time ago and I still feel the pain........

Single biggest advice (especially with young children) spend the dollars and stay on property.

Second this and we didnt have kids. It was nice to get up and hop on the bus for the trip to Epcot, not have to worry about traffic or paying for parking and walking once we got there. They picked up at the front door of the hotel and dropped off as close as the drive was to the entrance. We went for 2 days and the busses run all the time so you can run back to the room if you forget something or just want to head back and chill for an hour in the heat of the day. At the end of the night, no searching for the car or fighting traffic. Just find the bus heading to your resort and you're done.
We stayed at the Movie Resort and got a decent rate on the room. If you're coming with family though, check out the park packages because with tickets, etc, you might get a better rate that way. Add everything up if you buy it on your own and check vs the hotel package rate. There were some things they offered in their package that we knew we werent going to use so it was better for us doing it a la carte and booking it ourselves.

Interline Rates on All the Cruise lines

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is interested in cruising, please give me a call or drop me an email. I will answer any questions you may have. We can get Interline Rates on all the cruise lines. We do not charge any booking fees! I will also answer questions here on the weboard as well.

Michael (CaptMike)

KVI Interline Cruises
(480)-626-8369 or (866)-492-7304

www.kvi.travel

mylocalheader.JPG

I've been retired 5yrs. & have not been on an airplane since the day I left.
It's time to take the misses on a cruise. Question.....Does US have a 'travel desk' or anyone who can tell me if discounts are available on cruise ships to old retired folk?

Every US site I have bookmarked on my computer no longer works. I don't know who to contact or how to contact anyone. Thanks for any help . :up:

RedOne
d
try WWW.ID90.COM...COST $24.95 YEAR BUT WELL WORTH IT

After searching and searching on the internet.....I found the cruise I wanted (or thought I could afford). I finally ended up calling the cruise ship direct, and the price was the same that I got on the internet. They were probably glad to book it direct....as they had to pay no fees to an agency this way. Had to fax them a photo copy of my US Airways Travel card. They worked hard to iron out minor problems....very helpful.

Since it is impossible to no-rev into/out of MIA..... I'm driving, as the cost of buying airfare for 4 is out of the queston...and the ship will sail with or without me, so I would not even consider non-reving. I would guess that had I chosen to fly (buy tickest), I might have gotten a better deal doing it all thru an agency.

Cruise Line has contacted me at least 5-6 times either by email or phone making sure everything is going smoothly. I suggestl that anyone wanting to cruise to do internet research....then call the cruise line.

RedOne

There used to be an inexpensive car rental agency in LA. It was Bob ?? car rental. They catered to airline employees. Is it still around?

I've used Dargal.Com for 4 different cruises and it seems they always had the lowest price and very great service. You can't go wrong with them!