Nwa/striker Support Fund

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
NOTICE:

AMFA National has now created the NWA/AMFA Striker Support Account

LINK to AMFA Striker Support Fund

There is a PayPal option or and address to send donations for support.

We cannot all walk the picket lines, but financial and moral support is the least we can offer.

Thanks

Garfield1966 said:
Where can I send the local help wanted adds?
[post="291482"][/post]​

Wherever you want I guess.

I'm sure glad you seek personal relief out of a belief that your fellow man could suffer.

My Father's guidance reminds me, "What goes around, Comes Around"

After raping you guys for millions you mean to tell AMFA needs a support fund?!?!
Give me a break. Dell is looking for one more cash bonus before AMFA goes down in flames.

pitguy said:
keeptheodds,
You sound more like a pi$$ed off NWA lackey who is worried about AMFA shutting down NWA and you losing your easy gig.
[post="291501"][/post]​

I’m just having a hell of a time here. I'm pretty much confined to the hotel, I’ve got every thing I need here. So yea it’s kind of boring.

Jack when you have a monster backed into a corner, you grab it by the head not the tail. You little AMFA boys are going to be chopped steak.

keeptheodds said:
I’m just having a hell of a time here. I'm pretty much confined to the hotel, I’ve got every thing I need here. So yea it’s kind of boring.

Jack when you have a monster backed into a corner, you grab it by the head not the tail. You little AMFA boys are going to be chopped steak.

[post="291528"][/post]​
KTO why are'nt you out sucking up the OT so you can go home and retire into real estate? I think your a LIARRRRRRR, management puke on here just trying to stir the pot :eek:

local 12 proud said:
KTO why are'nt you out sucking up the OT so you can go home and retire into real estate? I think your a LIARRRRRRR, management puke on here just trying to stir the pot :eek:
[post="291532"][/post]​

6 days at 12 hrs a day is plenty for me. Read the posts jack a$$.
Indeed it is time for me to get some shuteye. I'm just having so much fun.

keeptheodds said:
6 days at 12 hrs a day is plenty for me. Read the posts jack a$$.
Indeed it is time for me to get some shuteye. I'm just having so much fun.

[post="291534"][/post]​
Ive read your post SCAB SCUM, and your on here constantly stirring the pot claiming how you dont work weekends, picking your own hours and pay yet have so much spare time to bash real MEN & WOMEN that allowed your lower than whale #### a$$ to even gain employment. Like I said I think your a managemet stooge and a LIARRRRRRRRRRRRR! :shock:

TWU informer said:
Wherever you want I guess.

I'm sure glad you seek personal relief out of a belief that your fellow man could suffer.

My Father's guidance reminds me, "What goes around, Comes Around"
[post="291486"][/post]​

You guys are the ones betting against the house when they are holding all the aces. Unions have been screwing to the companies for so long now it is time for pay back. So yes, you should watch out because, as you said . what goes around comes around. And it's headed your way sparky so DUCK. :lol:

Garfield1966 said:
You guys are the ones betting against the house when they are holding all the aces. Unions have been screwing to the companies for so long now it is time for pay back. So yes, you should watch out because, as you said . what goes around comes around. And it's headed your way sparky so DUCK. :lol:
[post="291620"][/post]​

OK, you have my interest now.

Explain to me how "Unions have been screwing to the companies"? Please be specific, I have difficulty following your simpleton rhetoric?

TWU informer said:
OK, you have my interest now.

Explain to me how "Unions have been screwing to the companies"? Please be specific, I have difficulty following your simpleton rhetoric?
[post="291623"][/post]​

Let me use an analogy for you.

You’re the dad and you have two kids. Who makes the rules of the house? Since you have two kids, if they both vote against you, do they win or 'since your the dad' do you win?

When I was growing up I was told that when I have my own family, I can make the rules, till then, when I am living under their roof, they make the rules.

I fail to see how a union has the right to dictate to a company how much they should be paid, under what rules they are 'willing' to work ...etc. The Federal government has laws preventing child labor, minimum wages ... etc and for that I do thank the unions of yore. Flash forward to the present. I do not feel that unions have the right to hold a company hostage to get what they want. The FA’s in 93, the pilots several years later ... etc. When or if it comes to the point that AA does not compensate me what I think I am worth, I will look else where for employment. I would never even dream of holding a company hostage and jeopardizing the employment of all the other workers of that company. My job is worth what ever someone is willing to do it for. No more no less.

I would love for you to be a business owner and have your employees tell you how much they will work for or they will shut you down. Like I keep saying, if you think you are worth more than your employer is paying you, feel free to find another company who agrees with you.

Garfield1966 said:
Let me use an analogy for you.

You’re the dad and you have two kids. Who makes the rules of the house? Since you have two kids, if they both vote against you, do they win or 'since your the dad' do you win?

When I was growing up I was told that when I have my own family, I can make the rules, till then, when I am living under their roof, they make the rules.

I fail to see how a union has the right to dictate to a company how much they should be paid, under what rules they are 'willing' to work ...etc. The Federal government has laws preventing child labor, minimum wages ... etc and for that I do thank the unions of yore. Flash forward to the present. I do not feel that unions have the right to hold a company hostage to get what they want. The FA’s in 93, the pilots several years later ... etc. When or if it comes to the point that AA does not compensate me what I think I am worth, I will look else where for employment. I would never even dream of holding a company hostage and jeopardizing the employment of all the other workers of that company. My job is worth what ever someone is willing to do it for. No more no less.

I would love for you to be a business owner and have your employees tell you how much they will work for or they will shut you down. Like I keep saying, if you think you are worth more than your employer is paying you, feel free to find another company who agrees with you.
[post="291704"][/post]​

That anology works only if you view management as "the company" and everyone else as hired hacks. ( a view I disagree with...rabid populist that I am ) BTW, are the salaried groups "owners" of the company as such....majority stockholders?

I digress:

Here's another analogy:

Dad had expensive tastes and avocations and was a somwhat vacuous sort...kinda' like the rich if somehat screwbally brother of the more stoic, practical ( if somewhat average ) sibling , which caused little if any financial problems for his trophy family as the bucks were rolling in from his postion as the senior management consultant analyst vice president director of Paper Pusher LTD. After awhile in this era of global competition and Wall St demand for double-digit growth, viccissitudes evolved to where even Dad's corporate sinecure was not so secure, and his income plummeted. Of course, inertia being what it is, the deleterious effect on his tastes for high living lagged the reality of his financial situation. Being quite the shallow archtypical corporate type, the answer was of course to get the missuss and kids to cut back on niceties, and exist on lower priced staples, and if they didn't like it............. He is afterall, the "boss". How could he be wrong?

Valid point, to a degree. The children are not like employees. They do not have the right or ability to move one. They are, for lack of a better term, the property of the parent. The wife could move on but in a way, can be likened to a union employee. She has so many years invested in the company that if she quits to look for alternate employment she looses everything and starts all over (another reason I don’t want a union). So to a degree, she is locked in as well. Also, the children did not apply to be children. They had no say in the matter. As far as I can recall, the choice was mine and mine alone to work for AA. The mother is not alone in this matter, she has the welfare of the children as her primary concern (the father is obviously a prick). I do not see mother / father children as being similar to a company.

I am a salaried worker. I do not by any means consider my self a ‘owner’. I am a grunt just like (I assume) you are. For purposes of my argument, the owners are the top executives (the folks who make the final decisions and the share holders who hold the leash).

If you owned your own company, who do you want to make the rules? This is a company you built. You put your blood and sweat into it. DO you want someone else calling the shots? Do you want your employees telling you that company ‘X’ down the street is paying their workers $x.xx and either you pay me “more†(unions always want to beat the other guy) or we will shut you down. Do you think that is fair? I do not. My reply would be, “there is the door, see if company X will hire you.†If I can find someone else to do the work that I specify for the salary I am willing to pay, great, if not, then it will be my decision to raise the salary or do it a different way.

Latest posts