Nwa/striker Support Fund

You're supporting your premise well enough, and I understand ( and have understood ) the theory, but it's the premise itself I have a problem with.

Did these top executives really "build" the company, or even arduously put their blood, sweat, and tears into it over the long haul? ( 10-25-20-25 years ) or are they itinerant hired guns?

We may have to agree to disagree here, but occupying an executive position doesn't necessarily imbue one with impeccable talent/wisdom/acumen. Ivory tower shennegins and bad decisions may not be the rule, but they sure have been numerous enough over the years to have a life of their own. Someone with less than ethical and moral principles may well find that taking the path of least resistance by assaulting the rank and file of a company may be personally beneficial to him/her and their immediate minions in certain ways, regardless of the longer term health of the enterprise....Then it's time for a new hired gun to see if there's any more milk to be had from the cow. Rinse and repeat.

Please do not misunderstand me. I have little if any love for the management of AA. I think that there are a few good ones out there, but for the most part they are looking out for their own ass with little if any regard for mine. I guess one could argue (and many have) that the CEO’s job is to make money for the share holders. If that benefits me along the way, great but it’s not a requirement.

That being said, it is still my choice to work for AA for to move on. Whether you built the company, inherited it, screwed your way to the top or bought it, in my argument it is irrelevant. The bottom line is you are on the top of the pile and you make the rules. If you want to bankrupt the company that you are in charge of it is your right to do so. Just as it is my right to leave and watch you swirl the bowl.

How does length of service or investment of time, blood sweat … enter into it in your argument? What premise do you subscribe to? I realize we will, in all likelihood not alter our opinions, but I would very much like to understand your.

Also, thanks for keeping it civil. There are far to many on these boards who are not even willing to acknowledge that someone else’s opinion has merit.

keeptheodds said:
I’m just having a hell of a time here. I'm pretty much confined to the hotel, I’ve got every thing I need here. So yea it’s kind of boring.

Jack when you have a monster backed into a corner, you grab it by the head not the tail. You little AMFA boys are going to be chopped steak.

[post="291528"][/post]​
Having a hell of a time? Did you help clear any MEL's yet? They are mounting daily. Forget any oil tank caps? 757's need those to fly back from OGG (ooh, ETOPS) . Good thing both engines weren't scab serviced in the same manner. How about having a chat with the flight crews? I hear they love your "flawless" performance too. Right before the captain kicks your ass off the flight deck for incompetence. That wasn't you was it KTO?

How come your not out having a beer with the boys after scab duty? I'm sure its safe, right? Don't let your scab cowardice keep from having fun and making new "friends".

Your worried, we can smell it. Dougie Steenland's worried he missed his star on Wall Street.

Scabs can't do it, and it shows everyday on NWA.com. :up:

NOTICE:

AMFA National has now created the NWA/AMFA Striker Support Account

LINK to AMFA Striker Support Fund

There is a PayPal option or and address to send donations for support.

We cannot all walk the picket lines, but financial and moral support is the least we can offer.

Thanks

Here is the short version:

Shareholders own the company
Shareholders elect the board of directors
The board of directors appoints senior management

So, if you want some say over how your company is run, buy the stock. Put your money where your mouth is.

delldude said:
curious here......AMFA looking for handouts?
they have no strike benefits??
[post="291800"][/post]​

Pretty much. Seems pretty crappy to brainwash these people into striking without proper preparation.

AMFA is freaking clueless. Why anyone would associate with these dolts is a mystery.

JS said:
Here is the short version:

Shareholders own the company
Shareholders elect the board of directors
The board of directors appoints senior management

So, if you want some say over how your company is run, buy the stock. Put your money where your mouth is.
[post="291801"][/post]​

And if this Senior manager does not have the ability to increase the ROI for the investors?

TheDog2004 said:
Pretty much. Seems pretty crappy to brainwash these people into striking without proper preparation.

AMFA is freaking clueless. Why anyone would associate with these dolts is a mystery.
[post="291851"][/post]​
wow......talk about lemmings and silver tongues.........

I just read over AMFA's constitution, the only mention of a strike fund is that they have to have only $100,000 in an account, no mention of strike benefits or pay in it.

No wonder why they are looking for handouts.

What does AMFA do with the dues collected?

700UW said:
I just read over AMFA's constitution, the only mention of a strike fund is that they have to have only $100,000 in an account, no mention of strike benefits or pay in it.

[post="291870"][/post]​
some friends up laconia way tell of wild times at some of the local establishments....oh yeah.View attachment 3196

700UW said:

[post="291870"][/post]​

Looking for handouts?

Wrong again, it is the supporters from other airlines mobilizing the relief effort.

Even the National Website for Striker Support was created at the request of supports clamoring for a way to assist.

It is the Industrial Unions that have beg or force support, this AMFA craft union has a volunteer following like nothing I have seen in over 20 years of union representation.

Latest posts