Obama against hiding behind Executive Privilege before he was for it

Exactly so sir.

To my thinking; any suppression of requested information from the Senate or Congress had better damn well involve the most dire issues of national security....Period. The last time I looked; the USA wasn't at war with Mexico. Where are any issues of national security hiding out in this mess....?

You mean like the Energy Task Force?

Reactions: 1 person
Here's defense #1 in different terms, via the Wicked Witch of the West Coast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENFA8PC-wQ8

No, we're not hypocrites...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EsKRqiEzsc

Trying to blame Bush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhM-b5sdNqk

When trying to answer a question about a statement that the Terry family had released, Carney went on for several paragraphs about the usual talking points, but at the end, couldn't even remember Brian Terry's name... he said "the family you referred to" until a reporter called out the name....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbcsw5TPyas

That just proves they just don't get why people like me are pissed over Fast & Furious....

This isn't a witch hunt over moral issues, like oral sex in the Oval Office or a botched break-in at a rival party's campaign office.

It's all about answering for the death of an American border patrol agent, not to mention the deaths of hundreds of Mexican citizens which was facilitated by our government's incompetence.

I hope Holder remains as defiant and arrogant as the Campaigner in Chief is. They've both managed to take an issue which the MSM had pretty much ignored, and force even the most liberal of news outlets to put it on Page 1...

These are the documents requested :

"The subpoena seeks, among other things, all communications regarding the operation from 16 top Justice officials, including Holder, his chief of staff, Gary Grindler, and the head of the department's criminal division, Lanny Breuer, as well as correspondence on specific dates to and from the former head of the ATF's Phoenix field division, William Newell."

"It also asks for all documents and communications referring or relating to the murder of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement Agent Jaime Zapata, including any correspondence outlining the details of Zapata's mission at the time he was murdered."

"The subpoena seeks, among other things, all communications regarding the operation from 16 top Justice officials, including Holder, his chief of staff, Gary Grindler, and the head of the department's criminal division, Lanny Breuer, as well as correspondence on specific dates to and from the former head of the ATF's Phoenix field division, William Newell.
It also asks for all documents and communications referring or relating to the murder of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement Agent Jaime Zapata, including any correspondence outlining the details of Zapata's mission at the time he was murdered."

And most importantly :

"The subpoena asks for correspondence that Justice Department officials had with the White House about the gun trafficking operation, as well as what information was shared by Justice officials in Mexico."

http://www.foxnews.c...-investigation/

IMO, all of the above relate to "Fast and Furious" and it was a Demorat plan that backfired and now needs covering up !

Both Obama and Holder went on record denying whether Obama was involved in FF. I'm sure there are e-mails implicting Obama knew and even nodded off on the op.
About ten minutes after Obama became president, Holder, Hillary and the Prez hisself were crowing about all the US assault weapons being bought/sold here and we needed new reg's to halt the flow of US guns into Mexico. It was an agenda from before day one and it will implicate Obama.
Remember what he told Sarah Brady?

Oh let's continue to blame a guy who hasn't been in office for 42 months that's productive.

The docs in question are NOT beyond the scope of the Investigation as apparently they deal with the heart of the issue which is the reaction and discussions made after the INS agent was killed.

Key difference between Bush and Obama.....Bush had cooperation w/Mexico and didn't let guns walk when they couldn't be traced.

Who Needs Holder’s Documents? We Have YouTube – 2009 Video

In April 2009 Barack Obama traveled to Mexico and blamed US gun sellers for violence south of the border. Obama told his Mexican audience, "This war being waged with guns purchased not here but in the United States." Just to be sure, a few months later the Obama Administration started running their own guns to Mexico, at least 2,000 guns.

Barack Obama, April 16, 2009:

"This war is being waged with guns purchased not here but in the United States… more than 90 percent of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States, many from gun shops that lay in our shared border. So we have responsibilities as well."
There is also proof that the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives discussed using "Fast and Furious" to push for new regulations on gun sales.

Then the Obama White House refused to turn over documents on the Fast and Furious gun walking program.

[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)]What if Walmart, the "largest seller of firearms and ammunition in America," had knowingly sold 2,500 firearms to straw purchasers with the intent of having those purchasers carry those guns across an international border and sell them to drug cartel members in Mexico?

And,what if at least two (but possibly three or more) of the guns were used in the murder of a U.S. Border Patrol agent while an untold number of the weapons were used to kill hundreds—literally hundreds—of Mexican citizens?

Moreover, what if one of the straw purchasers, who bought over 700 guns, was on food stamps and Walmart knew it, yet they sold him guns in exchange for bags of cash anyway?

What if some of the 2,500 hundred guns were recovered, but more than 1,000 were not, and what if an untold number of those unrecovered guns were believed to be in the hands of criminals in American cities on our Southwest border?

And lastly, what if explanations given by Walmart board members regarding the authorization of this straw-purchasing, gun-walking program were in conflict with the testimony given by their executive? And what if both they and their executive snubbed their noses at Congressional requests for documentation that would explain who knew what and when?

What would happen to Walmart if that company did these things?

We all know what would happen. Both their C.E.O. and ranking board members would be handcuffed and frog-marched out to paddy wagons in broad daylight, then transported to prison cells that would house them for the rest of their lives.

And Rep. Pelosi wouldn't even think about saying, "They are treating the C.E.O. of Walmart this way for doing his job.[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 251, 252)] [/background]

Nice try nitwit !

It's abundantly clear you understand very little about the use of Executive Privilege. You’re so far out of touch on the use of EP you haven’t even acknowledged the real issue surrounding Obama’s use of it!

No one is disputing the fact that Executive Privilege covers communications made directly to the president and among white house advisers. What’s not in the least bit clear is if the Executive Privilege trumps Congress’s right to subpoena internal communications within an US Government AGENCY.

Contrary to your usual uninformed belief, Eric Holder has not released all US Department of Justice (an AGENCY of the US Government) inter-office communications regarding the Fast and Furious operation. . . . and we all know why!

You’re more than welcome to purse all Executive Privilege orders issued over the span of US history. When you find a case where EP was used to protect an entire Government Agency from producing internal communications pursuant to a congressional subpoena, let me know.

Here’s Senator Obama’s view on the use of Executive Privilege: " ...executive privilege generally depends on the involvement of the President and the White House."

The legal presidents seem to indicate other wise. I do not see where you are getting the idea that the EP is being used for an entire department. He is not releasing them because he feels it falls under EP. I guess the courts will have to sort that out should it get that far.

You're clueless!

Yesterday, President Obama issued an EP because of “the involvement of the President and the White House” in an operation that authorized the transfer of over 2500 automatic and semi-automatic weapons to Mexican drug lords and Cartel members without authorized consent or knowledge of the Mexican Government! Fact of the matter is the Obama Adminisration illegally supplied weapons to the enemies of the Mexican Government.

Just one of many differences, the Bush Justice Department sought consent and approval from the Mexican Government to conduct operation “Wide Receiver” (as well as all other such operations)! The Obama Adminisration conceived and authorized "Fast and Furious" operation acted without consent of the Mexican Government and well above international law.

Oh and BTW, a US Border Patrol Agent wasn’t killed with an automatic weapon supplied by the US Government during cooperative execution of operation “Wide Receiver” or any other Bush ordered gun walking operation! Not that you really give a #### about the death of a US Law Enforcement Agent, you’re too busy carrying water and covering up the stool left behind by the the most inept, corrupt and mental challenged Administration in recorded American history.

I'm abosutely positive the family and friends of US Border Patrol Agent Terry could really care less that it's an election year!

Cover for the corupt ####-in-chief all you want, an Agency of the US Government acted as an accessory in the homocide of a US Law Enforcement Agent. Eric Holder doesn't even have the balls to accept responsiblity for his agencies crimes much less offer an apology to the Terry family.

About that Bush and the MX consent thing. Not so much. The Bush DOJ did not consider looping in the MX government until several month into the program and only after they lost some guns in MX under the program. The emails disclosed by the DOJ indicate that there were discussions about looping in the MX government but it was never actually done. The documents also seem to indicate that the US attorney was briefed on the tactics of Wide Receiver but never signed off on the operations.

Given that we do not know where the weapons are that were lost during Wide Receiver, we do not know what crimes those were involved in do we?

Why Obama started up the program again when it failed the first time is beyond me. As far as I am concerned that is the definition of stupidity, doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result. To claim one is bad while trying to say the other is good (when it really is not) seems a bit hypocritical. Believe what you want. I know that both administrations screwed up.

I just want to thank Nobama for lower gas prices !
If the job market wasn't so dismal, people would have money to go on vacation, which in turn, would create more demand for gas........hence low gas prices because of low demand !
BTW, wonder how Nobama's last vacation went !

"Michelle's ski trip marks 16 Obama vacations!"

"For example, the Hawaii Reporter said the first family’s 2011 Christmas vacation in Hawaii would exceed $1.5 million."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/294051

Reactions: 2 people
And here I thought the lower gas prices were beacusewe have more oil rigs working now than there were in 85 and S.A. has increased production. If Iraq can get some oil out of the ground the price of oil will drop even more.

You right wingers complain that gas is too expensive, now you complain when it is cheaper. You would complain if someone gave it to you free.

By thw way, since the right wingers blaimed Obama for the high prices can he take credit for lowering the prices? I know he will take credit but we all know it's a lie, then a gain so was blaming him.

And here I thought the lower gas prices were beacusewe have more oil rigs working now than there were in 85 and S.A. has increased production. If Iraq can get some oil out of the ground the price of oil will drop even more.

You right wingers complain that gas is too expensive, now you complain when it is cheaper. You would complain if someone gave it to you free.

By thw way, since the right wingers blaimed Obama for the high prices can he take credit for lowering the prices? I know he will take credit but we all know it's a lie, then a gain so was blaming him.

Oil rigs don't make gas.
EPA regs helped shut down several east coast refineries which caused the spike in price plus several elsewhere were down for maintenance. The Texas refineries have started picking up the slack and there is a small glut due to people not driving as much due to the higher cost.