Obama against hiding behind Executive Privilege before he was for it

Given that we are talking about the EPA and not the FDA I would lioke to know how the EPA violates the COTUS. I'm not saying there are not not times where they have over reached but I do not see how the department it's self violates the COTUS. That ios like saying police departmentsw are in violation of the COTUS due to the fact that they have violated people rights over the years.​

Reactions: 2 people
Given that we are talking about the EPA and not the FDA I would lioke to know how the EPA violates the COTUS. I'm not saying there are not not times where they have over reached but I do not see how the department it's self violates the COTUS. That ios like saying police departmentsw are in violation of the COTUS due to the fact that they have violated people rights over the years.​

In EXACTLY the same manner. ALL Federal agencies do so. Not a tough concept. Look around you and you'll see the Gov owns you not the other way around like it's supposed to be.

Funny, just a couple weeks ago they got their asses kicked before SCOTUS and scolded on their unconstitutional sop tactics.

How many people who get the EPA stuck up their ass have the monetary wherewithall to fight it to the SCOTUS?

Hmmm?

Reactions: 2 people
Funny, just a couple weeks ago they got their asses kicked before SCOTUS and scolded on their unconstitutional sop tactics.

How many people who get the EPA stuck up their ass have the monetary wherewithall to fight it to the SCOTUS?

Hmmm?

Boy did they get their collective ass rearranged. The vote was 9-0 IIRC. Think about it for a second. Even with four swcreaming Liberal activist judges presumed to be on the side of Big Gooberment, the EPA's actions were so bad even those judges could figure out that the EPA abused its power.

As the precedence has already been set, and with the blessing of liberals, President Romney will be free to direct the bureaucracy to stop enforcing environmental regulations.

Problem solved.

As the precedence has already been set, and with the blessing of liberals, President Romney will be free to direct the bureaucracy to stop enforcing environmental regulations.

Problem solved.

To bad we're not going to have President Paul then 5 Cabinet level agencies would cease to exist and per his plan we'd have a balanced budget as well. A Bankster is a Bankster, is a Bankster it does not matter if he's called Obama or Romney.

To bad we're not going to have President Paul then 5 Cabinet level agencies would cease to exist and per his plan we'd have a balanced budget as well. A Bankster is a Bankster, is a Bankster it does not matter if he's called Obama or Romney.

Why say too bad?
Maybe a tasty cake for the country will come down w/RP.
I discount RP prez, but there is something awaiting in the wings of the convention.
Perhaps a kickass cabinet appointment with a RP agenda?

I was under the impression that Congress needed to approve an action like that?

Just because an agency over steps does not mean the agency is illegal. Police violate rights all the time yet I do not hear an argument to ban them.

Reactions: 1 person

Just because an agency over steps does not mean the agency is illegal. Police violate rights all the time yet I do not hear an argument to ban them.

They oersteptheir bounds by their very existance

What are you talking about?
This has been their SOP until this case and another one got slapped down before SCOTUS.
What about running cap and trade laws in Congress?
Obama couldn't get either side to sign off on law so he had EPA implement it through regulation. Even made public threats to Congress.
So EPA is Constitutionally off the reservation.
EPA has crapped on so many people and businesses it isn't funny.
Instituted crippling fines and mandates without due process.
You do what they say or else.
Out of control.
Sounds like EPA is an out of control agency.

The legal presidents seem to indicate other wise. I do not see where you are getting the idea that the EP is being used for an entire department. He is not releasing them because he feels it falls under EP. I guess the courts will have to sort that out should it get that far.

Deliberative documents between and among department personnel who lack the requisite ‘operational proximity’ to the president cannot be withheld pursuant to the constitutionally-based executive privilege.

Holder is not releasing the requested documents for one reason and one reason only: Obama and his most senior advisers were involved in managing Operation Fast & Furious.

Obama has asserted unjustified presidential power solely for the purpose of obstructing the congressional investigation.

I’m sure you want understand.

I see a lot of conjecture and supposition but very little (OK, none) in way of facts.

Just as in a court of law, claiming the 5th does not prove/indicate guilt.

Reactions: 1 person
They know what they doing. Dodge manuever to get by the election.Most of the time after six months of haggling SCOTUS tells them to hand them over.
Obama will be on unemployment by then.