On Time Every Time

Huh?

I’ll pull the string on my talking Ann Coulter doll and get back to you.

h6ft6kb.jpg

What is really sad is that is the only string you pull. You must live in in CLT.

this memo is BS. Ok lets get something straight if we depart 4 minutes late it doesnt count against the DOT times reported and frankly PAX arent upset if we push 4 minutes late, they are upset with the massive hour long MX delays and hour long late inbound arrivals. Frankly to solve all of our customers problems we need secret flyers. meaning the company needs to employ people to fly around and see the service that some of our inflights and pax service employees give and issue discipline to straigthen some people out. Thats the way it needs to be done and it needs to happen soon.

this memo is BS. Ok lets get something straight if we depart 4 minutes late it doesnt count against the DOT times reported and frankly PAX arent upset if we push 4 minutes late, they are upset with the massive hour long MX delays and hour long late inbound arrivals. Frankly to solve all of our customers problems we need secret flyers. meaning the company needs to employ people to fly around and see the service that some of our inflights and pax service employees give and issue discipline to straigthen some people out. Thats the way it needs to be done and it needs to happen soon.

Sign me up :)

Yup...that's the ticket: Secret Gestapo flying around seeking to beat up ragged employees who make virtually nothing, are rountinely sabotaged at all levels (SHARES/et al), and are expected to perform miracles regardless...That'll fix everything fast...Sheesh!

"The beatings will continue untill morale improves" ;)

After reading the executive pay thread, I think this on time plan should have a new name. from hence forth I will call it the “DO IT FOR DOUG “ plan! Come on people , let’s do it for doug! :up:

I will simply ask the slut to repeat what it said. If it conforms with well known truth, then, the it is off. No need to carry a known terrorist, is it?
Once you’ve slept it off, maybe you could get back to us later today how that has anything to do with on time performance.

<SNIP> meaning the company needs to employ people to fly around and see the service that some of our inflights and pax service employees give and issue discipline to straigthen some people out.
Ooooh, instant onboard discipline by Mistress Wanda.

Don’t look now, but Floyd is cowering underneath the last row of PAX seats.

Once you’ve slept it off, maybe you could get back to us later today how that has anything to do with on time performance.

OK, slept it off.

Do we get charged for a delay if the TSA is called on board to toss a terrorist? Even one with a size 11 shoe (lost?) up its tutu?

What about if the Captain decides they will not fly a terrorist and another Captain who could care less that they carry a terrorist must be called out? and who would they call out to fly a terrorist? Who would admit to flying someone who "regrets the terrorists did not fly commercial aircraft into different NYC buildings"? Because, if the flight went, well, the internet is a really neat thing, you know.

This topic has gone way off on a tangent. In the spirit of fairness, I have moved the offending posts to the water cooler and started a topic just for that discussion. There were, however, some posts submitted, which are way over the edge and will not be approved for posting to the membership.

Those posters know who they are, and when they clean up their acts they will be allowed to post....until then, it's our call.

Keep this one on topic and keep it clean and non personal....if not the topic gets closed and cornfield time will be allocated.

Thank you.

I am going to disagree with you on this one. It's more than depending on the person and how fast they can go.
If the company does not have enough ramp people to do the job then a flight waits.
If the ramp equipment is missing or not working this holds up things.
If weather enters the equation then that affects the operation.
If Rob the Ramper hurt his shoulder throwing bags but doesn't want to call off because he's at risk of losing his job, then that affects the operation.
If there is no one to drive a jetway to the aircraft then that affects the operation.
If the f/a's can't board passengers because they are still cleaning another airplane on the other side of the airport....guess what?
And the list goes on and on. It all comes down to proper tools, proper planning (up to date software, IT, etc) and enough staff to perform as humans not automatons.
Just imagine what a workforce that respects their leadership, works for a fair wage and feels respected could do!

Sure, sure! I see what you're driving at. But if all of those things you mentioned are in check, then that little BS flow chart they posted all over the place would actually work.

Companies fault for not having enough crew, probably from lack of a decent wage.
Their fault for not having enough equipment on the ground.
Nobody can control the weather!!!
Hurt ramper? Get another to take his place asap. Check the breakroom at any given time. I bet you have 20 dudes sitting there.
Nobody to drive the jetway? Not part of my argument. If they want to take the initiave upstairs, they need to stop appointing morons to management.
MAKE THE FA'S CLEAN THE PLANE! WN does it. Our FA's just sit around and wine and read people magazine. Gate agents will clean a plane and not complain about it NOT BEING IN THEIR CONTRACT. No, America West FA's are too good for that! :down:

We are getting by on the bare minimums as far as equipment and manpower goes, and our great leaders are trying to fix a methodology that's been revamped 100 times over, and is still fundamentaly flawed!!

Board Early?

Until I get paid more... forget it! Not one minute early!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you're an inflight. See, when I was a gate agent, they all had the same attitude as you. I'm not doing anything extra until i'm paid more, bla bla bla.

Guess what? Every one of your co-workers around you is making concessions that we don't want to take. Every one of my brothers out on the ramp had to learn the EAST COAST way of doing things, and we aren't even CLOSE to getting paid what the East is, nor do we have a contract. But did we complain? NO! Every one of us did our job and we made the EASTIES feel very welcome. They were nice enough to tell us that in a letter.

Why do a lot of inflights insist upon making our jobs tougher? You aren't picking your battles correctly, and a lot of you share this ME ME ME ME attitude.

Hey shouty face...we don't get paid for boarding. Boardings are 30, 35, 0r 45 minutes. We do up to 6 flights A DAY. So that is 3 hours of "free" work in a day. I signed up knowing that, though I don't like it. Voluteering to board early so an agent doesn't have to babysit the pax in the boarding area doesn't appeal to me either. So, it isn't being lazy. Do YOU work 1-3 hours a day off the clock??? Didn't think so.

FIRST TIME EVERY TIME is a flawed concept. It is a task that can not be achieved. We are talking airlines! Brought to US by our highly $$$ talented management team and soon to be tossed on the heap of lost causes.

Latest posts