Our Reward

And you actually wonder why people don't treat your profession with a little more respect?.... Sheesh.

If you think the gesture is shallow, then don't go.
What profession are you talking about compAAny man???

I think NHBB is not in Tulsa, and not an AMT. :rolleyes:

You sure spend a lot of time here sticking you nose in for not working at AA anymore. :blink:

And you actually wonder why people don't treat your profession with a little more respect?.... Sheesh.

FM,

You NEED to "loosen up a little bit"

SERIOUSLY !!

NH/BB's

Ps,
Actually, I wished you had commented on the ACTUAL occurance, that HAPPENED in BOS !!

Thanks to corporate greed, any shot at respecting our profession went out the window decades ago.
These guys are making nice for the media, throwing the workers hot dogs and burgers while they are sharing $191 million is their way of respecting us.

So while they may say "OHHHHHHHHHHH, WE COULDN'T HAVE DONE WITHOUT YOUR HELP" or "YOU ARE THE REASON WE WERE ABLE TO REACH THIS GOAL" "BLAH BLAH BLAH" means NOTHING!

All the rhetoric means NOTHING unless they SHARE THE REWARDS!

But they are sharing. WITH THEMSELVES!

LET THEM EAT CAKE!

By the way, the TULSA lapdogs would not have the balls not to hit the buffet table..NO BALLS!

As long as AA keeps feeding TULSA, the hell with the rest of us!

Someone ought to leap up on the table, drop their trousers, and "deposit" a LOG, on the cheese tray !! :shock: :shock:

My humble opinion regarding this post is that it is equal to the TWU debacle regarding the Coffin,Trailer,Flag incedent.

I am not really sure what either the TWU coffin or the "LOG" deposit would accomplish or was intended to accomplish. Other than create a major embarrasement for the profession.

The Lunch offering has been announced and it is a BBQ sandwhich, chips and drink.

I hope folks in Tulsa actually come to realize soon that they go to work for a paycheck, not a free lunch or to save someone else a job at the expense of 50 years of negotiated pay and benefits.

$500 Million for AA, a BBQ sandwhich for the worker. This almost sounds like a movie made about the days before unions existed and why they came to exist and workers embraced them in the first place.

AMAZINGLY ENOUGH, THIS IS POSTED ON THE TWU LOCAL 514 WEBSITE. Mr. Ball may want to include "Working Together" in his posted listed of serious dangers that can arise.

Local514100px.png

Posted by: ADBall on 01/29/2007 08:24 AM
Updated by: ADBall on 01/29/2007 08:24 AM
Expires: 01/01/2012 12:00 AM
Employee Involvement Programs

Most of what unions do addresses the essential “us and themâ€￾ power relationship in the workplace. Without a union, individual employees are at a big disadvantage in trying to protect their interests against a powerful employer.

Unions speak collectively for all those in a bargaining unit, negotiating contracts and challenging employer actions through grievances and other mean. But in an increasing number of workplaces, a different structure for labor-management relations has taken hold. These are sometimes in place of the traditional adversary mechanisms and sometimes alongside them. Employee involvement programs, also known by such names as total quality management (“TQMâ€￾), quality circles and team concept, are devices by which employees and employer representatives sit side by side (both literally and figuratively) to tackle workplace concerns. In some instances, these have proven to be a valuable means for employees collectively to have significant input into workplace decisions. But be aware that serious dangers can arise. Some employers establish and manipulate these groups as part of a deliberate strategy of divide and conquer. The idea is that by setting up a forum where the voices of individual employees are heard, the union’s role as the collective voice for all its members is weakened. And some union leaders and members discover the hard way that after a period of “cooperationâ€￾ with the employer, they are unable to challenge a damaging employer initiative because they failed to preserve the union’s contract and other rights. Unless clear limits are set on the authority of employee involvement programs, the union and its members can find themselves back in the position of being powerless to affect the important decisions in the workplace.

Adapted from The Union Members Complete Guide, by Michael Mauer

Am I invited?.....sure miss you all...these boards are like a SOAP...gone a year or 2 and they still read the same...shame.

AMAZINGLY ENOUGH, THIS IS POSTED ON THE TWU LOCAL 514 WEBSITE. Mr. Ball may want to include "Working Together" in his posted listed of serious dangers that can arise.

Local514100px.png

Posted by: ADBall on 01/29/2007 08:24 AM
Updated by: ADBall on 01/29/2007 08:24 AM
Expires: 01/01/2012 12:00 AM
Employee Involvement Programs

Most of what unions do addresses the essential “us and themâ€￾ power relationship in the workplace. Without a union, individual employees are at a big disadvantage in trying to protect their interests against a powerful employer.

Unions speak collectively for all those in a bargaining unit, negotiating contracts and challenging employer actions through grievances and other mean. But in an increasing number of workplaces, a different structure for labor-management relations has taken hold. These are sometimes in place of the traditional adversary mechanisms and sometimes alongside them. Employee involvement programs, also known by such names as total quality management (“TQMâ€￾), quality circles and team concept, are devices by which employees and employer representatives sit side by side (both literally and figuratively) to tackle workplace concerns. In some instances, these have proven to be a valuable means for employees collectively to have significant input into workplace decisions. But be aware that serious dangers can arise. Some employers establish and manipulate these groups as part of a deliberate strategy of divide and conquer. The idea is that by setting up a forum where the voices of individual employees are heard, the union’s role as the collective voice for all its members is weakened. And some union leaders and members discover the hard way that after a period of “cooperationâ€￾ with the employer, they are unable to challenge a damaging employer initiative because they failed to preserve the union’s contract and other rights. Unless clear limits are set on the authority of employee involvement programs, the union and its members can find themselves back in the position of being powerless to affect the important decisions in the workplace.

Adapted from The Union Members Complete Guide, by Michael Mauer

Working together?

Hmmmm, $191 million vs BBQ sandwich!

Sounds fair! Working together really pays off!

I'm skeptical that AA actually found $500 million from a combination of new savings and new insourced maintenance. After all, as has been reported here (somewhat often), management is not to be trusted; more simply, management are liars.

Why would management lie about achieving this "goal?"

Easier to lie and offer everyone a $4 lunch than admit failure. What's the harm? If they admitted they failed, and didn't follow thru with the implied threat (closing/downsizing TULE and outsourcing a lot more maintenance), then the workers would see just how impotent management really is. And just like in A Bug's Life the grasshoppers can't allow the ants to see that truth.

On the other hand, if management really did find an additional $500 million of new business and cost savings in Tulsa, then they really did earn their PUP payouts. And then some.

Your TWU leaders should be strung up for failing to negotiate a share of this $500 million for the members (besides this simple lunch). Boggles my mind that you guys pay dues to these NYC bus driver union thugs. In Oklahoma, no less. For a long time. Thousands of guys even more impotent than AA's management.

I'm skeptical that AA actually found $500 million from a combination of new savings and new insourced maintenance. After all, as has been reported here (somewhat often), management is not to be trusted; more simply, management are liars.

Why would management lie about achieving this "goal?"

Easier to lie and offer everyone a $4 lunch than admit failure. What's the harm? If they admitted they failed, and didn't follow thru with the implied threat (closing/downsizing TULE and outsourcing a lot more maintenance), then the workers would see just how impotent management really is. And just like in A Bug's Life the grasshoppers can't allow the ants to see that truth.

On the other hand, if management really did find an additional $500 million of new business and cost savings in Tulsa, then they really did earn their PUP payouts. And then some.

Your TWU leaders should be strung up for failing to negotiate a share of this $500 million for the members (besides this simple lunch). Boggles my mind that you guys pay dues to these NYC bus driver union thugs. In Oklahoma, no less. For a long time. Thousands of guys even more impotent than AA's management.

There is no need for them to lie. As long as they are in bed with the TWU, they don't have to lie.
You are right, if we had a REAL union, there would have been a snapback clause at the end of this concessionary contract. Now, thanks to the TWU, ANYTHING we get back has to be fought for just like it was 30, 40, 50 years ago.

The insulting thing about this "LUNCH WITH THE BUNCH" is the arrogance of feeding workers cake while the execs are eating steak and lobster.

DO THE TULSA FOLKS HAVE ANY DIGNITY LEFT???????????????

I have asked PLT, and ALT leadership members to find out and report back the exact cost of the fuel tank cover plate failure.

This issue had 33 MD-80 grounded, created two weeks worth of overtime around the system, and one employee nearly lost his leg while operating a high pressure water blaster removing the faulty paint.

Not once has any of these members brought back a serious response from management.

They still claim at least $1.8 Million is savings in manufacture vs purchase OEM cost, not one mention of the cost of the damage.

The "management" version of $500 million numbers should be out today.

This has never been about credibility, this has been the largest media blitz smoke screen that rivals Michael Moore's 911 movie.

I also never heard any cost assoicated with other debacles in this process. Like the time the tail jack was imbedded in the fuselage of a Miami Air Third Party poject. The so-called pulse line must be failing because Dock 4A is now scheduled to being heavy C-Checks and this dock is NOT a pulse position.

Dennis Burchette will not be Local President past this summer. And Carmine Romano will likely take his PUP Bonus and retire before years end. So why not lie! They will never be held accountable.

Am I invited?.....sure miss you all...these boards are like a SOAP...gone a year or 2 and they still read the same...shame.

It took a year or 2 to muster up that post?

No doubt "TEAM TWU" member.

Do you have any opinions to go along with that innuendo?

I'd take the NYC thugs anyday over the Texas/Okie management bootlicking version of the twu we currently have. ;) At least they struck the NYC subway against the Intl. wishes.

I'd take the NYC thugs anyday over the Texas/Okie management bootlicking version of the twu we currently have. ;) At least they struck the NYC subway against the Intl. wishes.

two unions or twenty? I don't know how they have done it in Tulsa, but at least they are NOT being devisive. Some thoughts from my new union hero Andy Stern...

By uniting with others who do the same type of work, you will have a stronger voice on the job and in your community—and you can help create a better future for yourself and all Americans.

Here are five good reasons to join your co-workers in uniting to form and sustain a viable union:

# 1 – Working together, union members have the strength to win better wages, affordable health care, a secure retirement, and safer workplaces.

# 2 – The "union advantage" is substantial. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, union members are much more likely to have health benefits and pensions.

# 3 – For people of color and women workers, the union impact is even greater. Women workers who are union members earn nearly $9,000 a year more than their non-union counterparts. For African-American workers, the union differential is also about $9,000, and for Latino workers the yearly advantage is more than $11,000.

# 4 – In addition to helping workers win better wages and benefits, unions help all workers by giving working families a stronger voice in our communities, in the political arena, and in the global economy.

# 5 – By joining together, we can build the strength to hold elected officials accountable, stop the "race to the bottom" by employers who cut wages and benefits in favor of bigger profits, and win improvements such as affordable, quality health care for all.

Back