Over 97% of FA's in 1st Group Accept Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkpatrick

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Long Island, NY
No one can say we don't want to fly. An astounding 221 of the first group of 227 FA's (all ex-TWA) have accepted recall to go on the line on Dec 17. I'm one of them.

MK

Welcome back, I guess AA is a better option then some other jobs out there. :)

I hope the NMB considers the fact that 97% are accepting the recall-a testament that AA isn't too bad of an employer after all.Either way, if APFA strikes many on furlough have said they'll gladly cross APFA picket lines and I applaud them. What remains to be seen is if in the event of a strike Eagle and APA will cross the APFA picketline.

Josh

I hope the NMB considers the fact that 97% are accepting the recall-a testament that AA isn't too bad of an employer after all.Either way, if APFA strikes many on furlough have said they'll gladly cross APFA picket lines and I applaud them. What remains to be seen is if in the event of a strike Eagle and APA will cross the APFA picketline.

Josh

"Either way, if APFA strikes many on furlough have said they'll gladly cross APFA picket lines and I applaud them."

You condone SCABS?

"Either way, if APFA strikes many on furlough have said they'll gladly cross APFA picket lines and I applaud them."

You condone SCABS?

From this guy's post, I'd think he is a AA pax, who perfers to fly any other carrier but AA, and he only fly's AA out oof BOS because of his employer. I wonder if his employer knows how much free time he has to keep up with the TWU/APFA/APA.

he seems to be more concerend with TV's ect, and not the air wortheness of the aircraft. Most of the AA flights I work, pax read book, use Ipods, computers,gameboys,knit,play games or get a nap in.

Ken, I enjoy your posts along with Bob Owens.

You condone SCABS?

Yes, scAAbs will allow me to perform my job functions and return home to my dear wife and daughter. If APFA strikes there are serious implications for my travel plans no matter how brief a potential strike maybe. The APFA leadership is correct about one thing-the threat of a strike is more compelling than a strike itself. We're in a rolling 30-day time period now and once APFA is released by the NMB I'll be changing my plans.

From this guy's post, I'd think he is a AA pax, who perfers to fly any other carrier but AA, and he only fly's AA out oof BOS because of his employer. I wonder if his employer knows how much free time he has to keep up with the TWU/APFA/APA.

he seems to be more concerend with TV's ect, and not the air wortheness of the aircraft. Most of the AA flights I work, pax read book, use Ipods, computers,gameboys,knit,play games or get a nap in.

Ken, I enjoy your posts along with Bob Owens.

You are largely correct :D except that I want to like American and would like to have additional non-stops from Logan to places I need to travel. I don't like American Airlines when I'm trapped on a dumpy MD-80/757/767 or flying internationally with indifferent crews that dump meal trays and rush to galley and unoccupied seats for reading and movie watching.
Many of my posts incidentally take place at the airports (I'm in O'Hare at the moment) so it's not that I have a large amount of free time.
While I may seem bitter anti-union to some on here, it's only because I have been on the receiving end of such behavior. As I have stated before in other posts-AA has some of the best flight attendants that are capable of providing better service than Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines. You truly are ambassadors to your company and over the years I've seen many FAs take lemons and make lemonade but it seems lately that is fewer and further between.

All the best.

Josh

Yes, scAAbs will allow me to perform my job functions and return home to my dear wife and daughter. If APFA strikes there are serious implications for my travel plans no matter how brief a potential strike maybe. The APFA leadership is correct about one thing-the threat of a strike is more compelling than a strike itself. We're in a rolling 30-day time period now and once APFA is released by the NMB I'll be changing my plans.

All the best.

Josh

"Yes, scAAbs will allow me to perform my job functions and return home to my dear wife and daughter."

Sorry that a potential strike would inconvenience your return home to your dear wife and daughter but SCABS will inconvenience the dear wifes, daughters and sons of those fighting to protect our pay and benefits. Anyone who condones SCABS deserves what they get. Do you understand that the men and women who ensure your aircraft getting you to and from BOS possess knowledge, skill and INTEGRITY? SCABS DO NOT POSSESS INTEGRITY.

Reactions: 1 person
Mark, welcome back, and hope this is the last time you need to be recalled....

As for Josh... he just joined PTO on my ignore list. I suggest a few of you consider that feature once in a while, even if it means ignoring me... ;)

I'm going to make a prediction (mr) Kirkpatrick,...that you'll NEVER be laid-off again @ AA !
"Howdoyalikethoseapples" ?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts