Preliminary FA Recall Acceptance Numbers

For one... we never see understaffing pay and two , in all my years I have never heard of an AA flt. being cancelled due to staffing.... so no costs problem there ...
You're not looking in the right places. Last xmas dozens of flights were cancelled due to lack of cabin crews. The end of June fiasco was another example.
Ok bringing 4300 plus TWA F/A's at top pay
At the time of acquisition we had over 700 FA's with three years or less, and hundreds more with not much more than that.
and who wants bitter F/As brought on from another company ... fresh blood is good...
Bitter is not how your fellow FA's who have flown with TWA people are describing their experiences.

MK

But not bought and paid for by you. They are AA jobs, not APFA jobs. Your response was entirely expected given your over developed sense of entitlement that shine through your posts. Your motto is obvious, what is yours is mine if I want it! You'll go far with that greedy approach to human relations.
Sorry... Its not greed, its reality.... It's just the way it is in this world we live in.... gotta be tough...

You're not looking in the right places. Last xmas dozens of flights were cancelled due to lack of cabin crews. The end of June fiasco was another example.

At the time of acquisition we had over 700 FA's with three years or less, and hundreds more with not much more than that.

Bitter is not how your fellow FA's who have flown with TWA people are describing their experiences.

MK
First of all I agree with you that many of our fellow F/As have nothing but wonderful things to say about the returning TWA F/A's... so I apologize for using that word.
I do remember getting understaffing pay last xmas but do not remember cancelling flts.

Its a great union and I'm proud to be a member.... My union has protected my rights and has always been there when I'm in need ..... Go APFA !!!!

You are more naive in your attempt to support APFA than most reasonable adults would be. You sound sort of ignorant.

You are more naive in your attempt to support APFA than most reasonable adults would be. You sound sort of ignorant.
No, far from ignorant .... just really get a laugh out of people who dog APFA because they did the right thing for its members during the TWA aquisition.... have to stoop down to their level.....

No, far from ignorant .... just really get a laugh out of people who dog APFA because they did the right thing for its members during the TWA acquisition.... have to stoop down to their level.....

Just curious, how do you view the former TWA f/as who felt it was "the right thing to do" and gave DOH to the ACQUIRED Ozark f/as? Victoria Frankovich felt that labor peace was far more important than disenfranchising a portion of the membership. The numbers were proportionately the same as the AA-TWA acquisition. After all of the fear, it turned out to be not that big of a deal. And I have always stated that a 1-4 would have been the proper slotting for us, not DOH.

But it is what it is....so allow those recalled to return (at the bottom) but with Pride and Dignity. They are all doing well and rolling with life on reserve.

No, far from ignorant .... just really get a laugh out of people who dog APFA because they did the right thing for its members during the TWA aquisition.... have to stoop down to their level.....

Interesting article in today's NEW York Times about development of our sense of "do unto others as you would have them do to you." The article suggests that such social morality has a genetic basis. Guess you got left out.

Just curious, how do you view the former TWA f/as who felt it was "the right thing to do" and gave DOH to the ACQUIRED Ozark f/as? Victoria Frankovich felt that labor peace was far more important than disenfranchising a portion of the membership.

I'm not saying that DOH or a dovetail wasn't the right thing to do, but a lot happened over the 15 years in-between, Nancy.

Aside from Braniff, no other airlines had really imploded at the time of the OZ/TW merger, and the few mergers which had taken place by then hadn't resulted in a lot of overstaffing.

Following OZ/TW, you had the CO/PE/NY/FL merger, the shakeout of all the first generation LCC's like Kiwi, Air South, and several large airline bankruptcies.

One thing to keep in mind was that 70% of the TWA people would land in the top 30% of our seniority list in a DOH. Right or wrong its a frightening thing to consided when you are looking to move down almost as many numbers as you have moved up over the last 6 to 8 years.

One thing to keep in mind was that 70% of the TWA people would land in the top 30% of our seniority list in a DOH. Right or wrong its a frightening thing to consided when you are looking to move down almost as many numbers as you have moved up over the last 6 to 8 years.

1. most would have stayed in STL (some to JFK, less to LAX, SFO, ORD, a few to BOD, DCA, and MIA.
2. I agree DOH would have created a "super seniority" for us. Slotting at the % we were at TWA would have made more sense. The difference in DOH and Slotting (for me) would have been 5000 numbers. We found it was all relative. If you were junior before the merging of the seniority list, you were still junior. If you were able to hold what you wanted, you were still able to hold those flights.
3. 4000 with over 1000 being very junior bottom of the totum pole. 3000 with 1000 being in the mid range, and 2000 being more senior. With Jan. of '70 seniority, I was 730 (approx) out of 4000. That explains my slotting theory.

Once again, it is what it is...those coming back choose to do so.

OK so you think Jim is an Idiot, yet all the people who believe that AA purposely kept expansion off, and manning tight to keep a few thousand "A" scale exTWA FA's from flying are somehow well informed. I guess it was just a wash for the company and taking many of the top pay baggage handlers, mechanics and pilots was all OK since the saving from keeping out those high paying FA's made it all possible. Think about it people
Just to clarify, I was pointing out that it is definately more profitable to hire off the street than to recall top pay flight attendants for AA. As to whether AA purposely kept expansion off, it may have been a factor, but I don't think they give us that much thought.
This board can get rather silly and trivial at times.
Oh and yes, I still think Jim is an idiot. :p

Ah, yes. The tried and true AA way. If you don't like the message, attack the messenger. Just wait until openers on the contract, then we'll see who is the idiot. Some of you who think the Blessed Order of the Perpetually Trip-Removed (dba APFA) is your savior and protector are in for some BIG surprises.

Just to clarify, I was pointing out that it is definately more profitable to hire off the street than to recall top pay flight attendants for AA. As to whether AA purposely kept expansion off, it may have been a factor, but I don't think they give us that much thought.
Maybe in the small picture, you have to consider other factors as well. It is a better investment bring an "A" scale furlough back, over hiring a new "B" scale person.