Preliminary FA Recall Acceptance Numbers

There is no recall bypass option, although I think it would be beneficial to all to have one. Declining or not responding means forteiture of any future recall rights.

We're being trained on all versions of the MD80, 737, 757 and 767.

MK

Mark, it will be great to see you again after all these years and I look forward to being on one of your LGA flights. I don't know how you have been able to hold out so long in expectation of returning to flying. However, so much has changed in the past 5 years, as it no longer is fun flying as it was on TWA.

Very wrong, your union did not protect your rights, it stole the rights of others to their jobs. Specifically in stapling your union gave you rights to fly aircraft that belonged to TWA along with the employees who flew and serviced them. When 9/11 came along you used those stolen rights to keep your jobs at the expense of the TWAers who brought those assets with them. You are nothing more than common theives. Actually worse, for unions are supposedly fair minded towards the working man. APFA excepted of course.
The APFA didn't steal anything from the TWA F/As and in fact did protect it's nAAtive members from the TWA F/As. TWA's unions waived their member's protections; AA's unions did not steal them. AA unions owed the TWA employees ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. TWA had about 190-200 planes when the deal was announced; presently (after returning the remaining 15 or so ex-TWA 757s) there will only be about 60 former TWA super 80's left on the property. If the TWA F/As (as well as all TWA people) would have ended up with their fantasy of a super seniority lottery windfall (in addition to the industry leading contracts they received but which they did not fight for), they would have been flying on AA metal on the most desired routes in the most desired bases (You can't tell me they all would have stayed in STL). After 9/11 it would have been mostly all nAAtive F/As (as well as other nAAtives)on the street while all those high seniority TWA F/As (and others) would still be flying even though about 75% of the TWA aircraft were disposed of. The APFA was successful in preventing their members from becoming a "furlough cushion" for the employees of a failed airline with no realistic career expectations. As 767jetz (I believe) stated on another board, "You can't expect to repair your disfunctional careers off the backs of another airline's employees." For if you do, it is you who is a common thief.

At least the APFA does what the IAM at TWA didn't do....PROTECT IT'S MEMBERS!!

Remember our "iron clad" SCOPE clause is the one yours was patterned after...anything can be broken. It was a carefully orchestrated deal of which bk and the abrogation of our contract was "the deal", not part of it, "the deal". TWA COULD have been kept separate, work rules, pay, perhaps flying all charter flights but the APFA fought for single carrier status. Why? Dues money. 4200 extra monthly dues was just too big of a temptation. By that act of petitioning the NLRB, we became members, will equal rights of protection. It is not about super seniority, it is about having been in the same position as you, with the same ratio of acquired and the knowledge that it just wasn't that big of a deal. We had cross utilization so our international flying was even more diluted, and it just wasn't a big deal. I was still able to hold the same flights. Occasionally, on different days, but that was rare. You don't know until you've been there, done that... And, you pay is now what ours was, but without the compensating work rules. Truly industry leading.

Industry leading pay, not work rules. Cost me several thousand a year and I had to fly more days. AND I lost a 14% 401K contribution. AND I had to pay for medical insurance. I'm in a little different position as I was on an OVL when the mass furlough occurred so the furlough (for me) came at a good time. I had spent so much time and energy fighting for FMLA that knowing I was going to be home was a relief.

Once again, it doesn't matter. Those wishing to return are coming back, having a ball, working the system, and doing quite well thank you. Time to think forward. The job has changed but for many, it is still in the blood, and no matter how different, it still beats working for a living..lol Remember, many of our furloughed, even with advanced degrees, still went into new professions, or back into old professions, as new hires with new hire salary and benefits packages.

Disclaimer: This us vs you was for the sake of answering the post...It is all a moot issue because you are now a "we"...

At least the APFA does what the IAM at TWA didn't do....PROTECT IT'S MEMBERS!!

If things work out for the plaintiffs in Marcoux v. APFA/AA you will be surprised at how little APFA did for its members and how members of the governing board of APFA lied to its members and handed AA the RPA on a plate. Read the brief. APFA and AA conspired to shove the RPA down members throats.

If things work out for the plaintiffs in Marcoux v. APFA/AA you will be surprised at how little APFA did for its members and how members of the governing board of APFA lied to its members and handed AA the RPA on a plate. Read the brief. APFA and AA conspired to shove the RPA down members throats.
That is sooooo far from the truth.... You are so in left field... all nonsense !!!

The APFA didn't steal anything from the TWA F/As and in fact did protect it's nAAtive members from the TWA F/As. TWA's unions waived their member's protections; AA's unions did not steal them. AA unions owed the TWA employees ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. TWA had about 190-200 planes when the deal was announced; presently (after returning the remaining 15 or so ex-TWA 757s) there will only be about 60 former TWA super 80's left on the property. If the TWA F/As (as well as all TWA people) would have ended up with their fantasy of a super seniority lottery windfall (in addition to the industry leading contracts they received but which they did not fight for), they would have been flying on AA metal on the most desired routes in the most desired bases (You can't tell me they all would have stayed in STL). After 9/11 it would have been mostly all nAAtive F/As (as well as other nAAtives)on the street while all those high seniority TWA F/As (and others) would still be flying even though about 75% of the TWA aircraft were disposed of. The APFA was successful in preventing their members from becoming a "furlough cushion" for the employees of a failed airline with no realistic career expectations. As 767jetz (I believe) stated on another board, "You can't expect to repair your disfunctional careers off the backs of another airline's employees." For if you do, it is you who is a common thief.
So well said and sooo true !!!!