Passenger Service Agents to vote for union

john john

Veteran
Contributor
Sep 12, 2004
Pursuant to the NMB rules, the Association may supplement its showing of interest,
and any potential intervenor may file cards to intervene, within the next 30 days.

The NMB will send the employer a letter tomorrow, asking for a list of employees in the craft or class,
broken down by carrier, and signature samples for the American Airlines employees.
The carrier has two weeks to respond.

The NMB agent expects to have the process complete by the end of July.
We are hopeful that the election will be underway in early August.

Click on the link below to view the N.M.B. ruling.

http://www.cwa13301.com/docs/NMB_US-AA.pdf

I'm not a big union fan but I've worked in the industry without one and now with one. It's definitely better to have one. When you are the only group on the property without a union you better be ready for bad news. A contract gives you some semblance of career stability

Reactions: 2 people
usa1 said:
I'm not a big union fan but I've worked in the industry without one and now with one. It's definitely better to have one. When you are the only group on the property without a union you better be ready for bad news. A contract gives you some semblance of career stability
True as long as it is not the TWU. Good luck with your representational vote.

Reactions: 1 person
The National Mediation Board has authorized an election that will be conducted by Telephone Electronic Voting and Internet Voting. Voting Instructions will be mailed to the employees on August 15, 2014. The voting period will be from 12:01 a.m., ET, August 15 through September 16. The tall will take place on September 16 at 2:00 p.m.,

john john said:
The National Mediation Board has authorized an election that will be conducted by Telephone Electronic Voting and Internet Voting. Voting Instructions will be mailed to the employees on August 15, 2014. The voting period will be from 12:01 a.m., ET, August 15 through September 16. The tall will take place on September 16 at 2:00 p.m.,
Good luck and vote union

To all eligible voters. Please vote over the Internet instead of telephone voting. This way you can actually see what you are voting for and can save or print a copy. Please pass this on to the other voters and good luck.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts