Pics of NEW a321 N193UW

Didn't that console get yanked with the Envoy refurb on the 762s? If Tempe is so weight conscious, that would be a big one.

There aren't any more multi-channel IFE units, so in theory the only thing left would be something to provide programming to all the main screens in the cabin, which I could be done with a single deck.

All the little video cassette players were removed and replaced by a small touch-screen LCD panel to control videos in the main cabin. Whenever pax are on board, it is attended at least 97% of the time (or, at least, it seems so.)

Wow. Now the F/A's have something other than sudoku and crossword puzzles to keep them busy on long flights. They will spend endless hours trying to figure out how it works. Then, return to fly the same trip next week and spend that same amount of time again trying to figure it out.

It will be just like the int'l 767 where, at any given moment, at least one F/A can be found standing outside the cockpit door with their head buried in the video machine closet trying to figure out how to make it work. And that control panel is only a fraction of the size of the new A321 display.
Is it a PS3 or an XBOX? I'll bring some of my kids Football games, not sure what they got. :up:

php0XlUii.jpg
You know, I can just picture a parent standing there holding a toddler. The parent is facing the rear of the aircraft while the kid reaches over the parent’s shoulder to touch the pretty lights.

This post is double ROT-13 encrypted to abate the snoops in Tempe.

Our flights are already staffed with FAA minimum F/A's on all domestic flights. Only those with LODO's and T/A flights have one extra. Sorry but a vending machine is not qualified to evacuate an aircraft.
Lighten up. He was just making a joke.

hey guys . etops1 reporting from stockholm. someone mentioned the powerports. unfortunately they are not being installed on the new ac.

hey guys . etops1 reporting from stockholm. someone mentioned the powerports. unfortunately they are not being installed on the new ac.
SHOCKING! Are the new A321s configured identically to the current 321s (16F/164Y, galleys, lavs, exit rows, etc)? Or is this yet another variant within one aircraft type-specific family?

That's very unfortunate. Using these airplanes for transcon without inflight entertainment is bad enough. But then to deny folks access to power to keep their own carry-on entertainment powered for 5 hours is just plain stupid.

"Stupid is as stupid does." --- Mrs. Gump

nyc,

Unfortunately it is consistent with their "high cost of cheap" policies. I wonder how much they will say the powerports weigh.

I have no issue if they want to be a US version of Ryanair. Just let them go ALL the way and solve the apparent identity crisis. The Kettles will be happy, Tempe will be happy, and business travelers will be happy--on other airlines.

They cannot be all things to all people. They have apparently decided which type of customer they want to attract, so they should just finish the job.

nyc,

Unfortunately it is consistent with their "high cost of cheap" policies. I wonder how much they will say the powerports weigh.

I have no issue if they want to be a US version of Ryanair. Just let them go ALL the way and solve the apparent identity crisis. The Kettles will be happy, Tempe will be happy, and business travelers will be happy--on other airlines.

They cannot be all things to all people. They have apparently decided which type of customer they want to attract, so they should just finish the job.

This is what they wanted all along. They could had just sparred us all the lies. Look for F/C domestic/island flying to go next.

nyc,

And I wonder how much extra weight will result from people bringing heavy spare batteries on board to power their gadgets inflight?

I just don't understand why US did not order these brand new birds without power ports. Every time I fly I see at least a few people using them, and I am convinced that there is a certain segment of the customer base which is still flying US strictly because of the power ports.