Pics of NEW a321 N193UW

I thought the main reason for the A321 is the fuel efficiency. Especially on some of the routes where the yields are almost nill.

The 757 is better by all other metrics, but even airlines like CO and AA are moving to the 737-800/900 for long haul domestic trips due to the fuel economies that the 757 can no longer match in today's economy.

Ok, well I'm fine with the 12 envoy seats in the 321, less coach passengers and all dedicated to TC.

I didn't say anything about efficiency. What the A321 lacks is range. It's utterly inappropriate for transcontinental flights. If US is committed to the A320 series for transcontinental flights, I'd recommend the A319. According to all statistics I've read, it has the longest range of the entire family. The A321...the shortest range.

I'm no aviation scholar, but I know that when US Airways operated the A321 with 24 first class seats (thereby reducing the total number of passengers), I never recall a single fuel stop having to be made. Since the seat reconfiguration and the resulting increase in passengers and weight on board, it almost has become a regular occurrence.

Perhaps they can add fuel tanks to them. I don't really know. As they are currently configured, the US Airways A321 is a dog of an aircraft. It's sad because this was, hands-down, my favorite aircraft for transcons, pre-merger.

I have made several fuel stops through the years with the old configuration on the 321. I remember we would stop in MCI every time we left LAS during the summer months. It was the same with SEA back then if there was any weather or reroutes.

And I wonder how much extra weight will result from people bringing heavy spare batteries on board to power their gadgets inflight?

I just don't understand why US did not order these brand new birds without power ports. Every time I fly I see at least a few people using them, and I am convinced that there is a certain segment of the customer base which is still flying US strictly because of the power ports.
I have to honestly say that never have I seen anyone using the powerports. While they are nice to have to say that we have them, if it is costing money that can be better spent somewhere else then spend it somewhere else and forget the ports..

Off the subject but I was able to check out 193 and have to say that it's pretty nice, sure it would be nice to have 26F seats back and the fwd galley and closets restored but it isn't happening and I got over it. The cabin looks nice, the seats are comfortable and oh yes we have chillers. We're taking new aircraft so I guess we can be thankful for some things.

Well...there are power ports on the plane ...you just have to look for them.

There are regular 110 volt outlets in the lavs and through out the aircraft...

AC 193 is a nice aircraft but the pax were expecting more bells and whistles. They couldn't believe there was no IFE. Really. And they really couldn't get over the fact that there were no power ports for their laptops. They were up and squirming around looking for them.

The best thing I can say about the new AB321 is the coffee pots. They are thermal and they keep the coffee really hot.

Oh, and I forgot....the f/a's can control the temp in the cabin from the new FAP. Cool beans.

B)

I didn't say anything about efficiency. What the A321 lacks is range. It's utterly inappropriate for transcontinental flights. If US is committed to the A320 series for transcontinental flights, I'd recommend the A319. According to all statistics I've read, it has the longest range of the entire family. The A321...the shortest range.

I'm no aviation scholar, but I know that when US Airways operated the A321 with 24 first class seats (thereby reducing the total number of passengers), I never recall a single fuel stop having to be made. Since the seat reconfiguration and the resulting increase in passengers and weight on board, it almost has become a regular occurrence.

Perhaps they can add fuel tanks to them. I don't really know. As they are currently configured, the US Airways A321 is a dog of an aircraft. It's sad because this was, hands-down, my favorite aircraft for transcons, pre-merger.

The new A321's are configured with Aux Fuel Tanks.
Regards
DC

Well...there are power ports on the plane ...you just have to look for them.

There are regular 110 volt outlets in the lavs and through out the aircraft...

AC 193 is a nice aircraft but the pax were expecting more bells and whistles. They couldn't believe there was no IFE. Really. And they really couldn't get over the fact that there were no power ports for their laptops. They were up and squirming around looking for them.

The best thing I can say about the new AB321 is the coffee pots. They are thermal and they keep the coffee really hot.

Oh, and I forgot....the f/a's can control the temp in the cabin from the new FAP. Cool beans.

B)

The power ports, that is being referred to are located in the seat handrail. I am actually glad we did not add them because they are a maintenance headache. Passengers use them store there trash, and even worse used chewing gum, making them unusable, costing us money to repair. The average passenger (non FF) has no idea what they are for, and does not have the adapter to use them.
Regards
DC

So what does freshly roasted Kettle smell like?

If there’s one thing female FAs universally complain about, it’s being cold all the time. Oh, and I heard Gloria Holtz is going through the Change Of Life. What a nightmare!

The galley areas where the F/A jumpseats are positioned are notoriously cold on long flights. They are positioned near the cabin doors. Not much insulation in these areas.

Consequently, when the F/A's call for more heat, it may make them more comfortable in their jumpseats, but turn the rest of the sardine can into an airborne sauna. Hopefully, the F/A temp control can be overridden from the cockpit to preclude this from occuring.

I've flown with Gloria, it's never cool enough for her!

The galley areas where the F/A jumpseats are positioned are notoriously cold on long flights. They are positioned near the cabin doors. Not much insulation in these areas.

This is mostly because the cargo holds are not heated. I remember right after 9/11 when pillows and blankets were gone, it got VERY cold on trans-con flights in A Zone (First Class) and C Zone (area between 3L & R and 4L & R), while B Zone was a sauna. Some of the F/A's would blast the oven and open the door to stay warm.

This is mostly because the cargo holds are not heated. I remember right after 9/11 when pillows and blankets were gone, it got VERY cold on trans-con flights in A Zone (First Class) and C Zone (area between 3L & R and 4L & R), while B Zone was a sauna. Some of the F/A's would blast the oven and open the door to stay warm.

On the USAirways A320 family of aircraft, the aft cargo compartment is heated.