PMUS C/S policy

iluvaa

Veteran
Mar 22, 2007
I hear a new c/s policy is coming down in a few weeks and it's gonna look like US airs. So I'm curious to know what that policy looks like

CS policies have always been local agreements. Reason being is each station has different schedules and number of commuters. To have a system wide CS policy that is one size fits all will not fare too well. I do agree on similar guidelines to avoid abusing the policy but each station should draw up their own policy based on what works best for their station.

Reactions: 1 person
I am pretty sure the policy is the more senoirty you have the ruder to customers you can be. And of course treat employees even worse.....

Okay, just kidding don't have a cow.

Reactions: 2 people
1AA said:
CS policies have always been local agreements. Reason being is each station has different schedules and number of commuters. To have a system wide CS policy that is one size fits all will not fare too well. I do agree on similar guidelines to avoid abusing the policy but each station should draw up their own policy based on what works best for their station.
I could be wrong but the way I understood it was going to be universal

I heard it from my local president. Didn't say it was fact just curious what there policy was if that was the case. But still haven't heard what there policy is regardless if it's true or not. Guess you want more Twu bad Amfa good threads

Not sure about MX, but Fleet side at my station is unlimited shift trades, unlimited shift pick-ups, and 26 drops allowed per quarter.  There's a limit to how many back-to-back doubles you can work in a week, and I can't remember if it's one or two (unless we're awarded OT, in which case there is no limit on the number of back-to-back doubles we can do).

Its not a letter of agreement at PMUS, it is a contractual article in the CBA for both Maintenance and Fleet.

And the LOA clarifying the article is not revocable by either party, I was on the NC, I know the language very well.

700UW said:
Its not a letter of agreement at PMUS, it is a contractual article in the CBA for both Maintenance and Fleet.

And the LOA clarifying the article is not revocable by either party, I was on the NC, I know the language very well.
Found it, Article 5, and the LOA was for back to back swaps, but still,..... remove the flexibility of this job and management better be prepared to accept the the consequences. I don't concern myself with this because I never give up,or pick up any shifts. I do my time and get out.     

Well shift swaps help the company and the employee, especially for commuters, I know at the PMUS side the shift swap is an issue the members will not give up and will fight for.

Tulsa, NO C/S swaps. This is why a universal CS policy will not work. One size does not fit all. If you make it contractual it will not help either party if changes come along and flexibility is required to keep with the changes in the industry. Each side can say it is contractual and we will not violate the agreement. If you agree to a local agreement that is reasonable then minor changes can be made such as how many doubles allowed and so on. As long as both parties agree at their respective station then no major issues will arise. Problems always occur but they are usually handled on a one by one basis.

Reactions: 1 person