Non Rev policies after merger?

Crash Pad DCA said:
Yes, you must make the trip to the airport if you want to check-in 24hrs in advance and it appears you really have to check-in with a real agent. There's something on wings that says you are expressly forbidden to call AA to list, checkin or check flight loads or else!

That said, here is how to get on an AA plane for free...

US employees must use myIDTravel to 1. purchase the AA ZED and 2. list on AA. Please note that purchasing and listing on AA is a TWO STEP PROCESS in myIDTravel.

The ZED fare is $0 but you will pay the $2 myIDTravel ticketing fee for each ticket (single or multiple leg) purchase transaction (I think up to 8 legs can be purchased in one transaction, but not for sure...). 

Step 1 is to purchase the ZED on myIDTravel (You get a PNR number for that step). Once you have done that you must take Step 2 and go to "Existing Tickets/Book or List for Flgihts" on myIDTravel, retrieve the ticket and then actually list for the AA flight (You get a second PNR number for that step. This is the confirmation number you use at the AA counter).

Now that that is done. Go to the airport AA ticket counter and give real AA agent the second confirmation number. I'm not sure kiosk check-in works, but I could be wrong. (The kiosk contractors cant help you.....) Get your boarding pass from the real AA counter agent and then good luck with FCFS!

Optional: Buy a drink at the restaurant near the gate to celebrate successfully running the gAAuntlet to get on the free flight.

To be fair, I think it is the same rigmarole for legacy AA trying to puchase/list/check-in for legacy US flights...
What a load of crap!  It's hardly worth it! Seems like the mergers with HP, PI and PSA were much smoother and a LOT quicker.  

All of that stuff that Crashpad DCA listed has NOTHING to do with non-rev travel at AA. This is not the gAAuntlet. This all seems to have been thought up by PMLCC and/or IDTravel whatever that is. Our nonrev system STARTS with listing yourself for the flights you want. This also creates a PNR with no further effort on your part. 24 hours prior to scheduled departure, you check-in and are either issued a boarding pass with a seat number on it or a Priority Verification Card which looks like a boarding pass with the seat number missing and which gets you through TSA security. (If there is a light revenue load for the flight, you are given a seat assignment which can be changed by an agent if you so wish. The computer loves to load the plane from the back. If there is a heavier revenue load or you have listed for F/C, you get a Priority Verification Card.) At the gate, you advise the agent that you are present. They may give you a boarding pass or tell you to have seat until your name is called. End of process.

Don't blame that bureaucratic baloney on AA.

Reactions: 1 person
jimntx said:
All of that stuff that Crashpad DCA listed has NOTHING to do with non-rev travel at AA. This is not the gAAuntlet. This all seems to have been thought up by PMLCC and/or IDTravel whatever that is. Our nonrev system STARTS with listing yourself for the flights you want. This also creates a PNR with no further effort on your part. 24 hours prior to scheduled departure, you check-in and are either issued a boarding pass with a seat number on it or a Priority Verification Card which looks like a boarding pass with the seat number missing and which gets you through TSA security. (If there is a light revenue load for the flight, you are given a seat assignment which can be changed by an agent if you so wish. The computer loves to load the plane from the back. If there is a heavier revenue load or you have listed for F/C, you get a Priority Verification Card.) At the gate, you advise the agent that you are present. They may give you a boarding pass or tell you to have seat until your name is called. End of process.

Don't blame that bureaucratic baloney on AA.

Okay, Jim.  We pretty much know how it works for you at AA right now.  My original question was how it works for US trying to ride AA right now. 

It's not like you say.  Not even close.

Reactions: 1 person
jimntx said:
All of that stuff that Crashpad DCA listed has NOTHING to do with non-rev travel at AA. This is not the gAAuntlet. This all seems to have been thought up by PMLCC and/or IDTravel whatever that is. Our nonrev system STARTS with listing yourself for the flights you want. This also creates a PNR with no further effort on your part. 24 hours prior to scheduled departure, you check-in and are either issued a boarding pass with a seat number on it or a Priority Verification Card which looks like a boarding pass with the seat number missing and which gets you through TSA security. (If there is a light revenue load for the flight, you are given a seat assignment which can be changed by an agent if you so wish. The computer loves to load the plane from the back. If there is a heavier revenue load or you have listed for F/C, you get a Priority Verification Card.) At the gate, you advise the agent that you are present. They may give you a boarding pass or tell you to have seat until your name is called. End of process.Don't blame that bureaucratic baloney on AA.

Yeah yah we know. But that's not how it works for US right now....that wasn't the question, so stop the diahrea..

I'm thinking it would have been better to just keep the employees on their own airlines.  

Funny I haven't seen AA employees complaining about trying to get on US Air flights...guess no one wants to go to Lynchburg.

Reactions: 4 people
AirwAr said:
I'm thinking it would have been better to just keep the employees on their own airlines.  

Really, almost nothing has changed from the US employee standpoint when it come to riding AA.

As I see it, the only two changes: The price of the passes to ride AA have been reduced to zero, and (theoretically) US pass riders go before other non-AA pass riders.  I say theoretically, because there appears to be some convoluted procedure about getting our PNR tagged with a US.  It seems there are few if any AA agents who know how to get the tag for US, and even fewer who are interested in learning how.  Without the tag, the US pass rider is no different than any other non-AA non-rev (except for the free ride.)

AirwAr said:

Funny I haven't seen AA employees complaining about trying to get on US Air flights...guess no one wants to go to Lynchburg.

...or to Erie.