Non Rev policies after merger?

The east won a grievance on this, right before it was to go to arbitration.

The west won an arbitration.

This is for the Flight Attendants.

Third step and beyond are precedent setting, so the company will lose.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the company is trying to throw a monkey wrench into the mix. And not just for the f/a group or the retirees...but for the agents as well who are trying to organize the AA agents. Classic union busting tactic.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, good luck with that organizing effort.  Considering the crap I have seen agents be given by management at AA, I would have thought they would overwhelmingly vote for a union at the first opportunity.  Yet, in my vast career of 12 years with AA, the agents have rejected representation twice.  They are like the DL f/as.  Everyone agrees that "we need a union, but just not right now."  I know a f/a who has been with DL for almost 40 years, and that is exactly what she said to me.  When I asked her where she got that idea, her answer was (cross my heart and hope to die), "My supervisor."  :lol:

One bright spot, though.  The company has outsourced many (if not all) out station agent jobs to contractors or downgraded the outstation agents to American Eagle so they could pay them less.  Even at the hubs like DFW, the company has put contractors working the counter when passengers use the kiosk for check-in and just need to check a bag. There may not be enough pro-company agents left to defeat the organizing drive this time.

Reactions: 1 person
Trying to maneuver the labyrinthine Wings website to find particular information on how a legacy US employee can check-in for a legacy AA flight.

The best I can come with is this blurb published as a PDF the day after the merger:

------------------
Check In
-For space-available (or “standby” or “sub-load”) personal travel, non-revs may check in up to twenty four 
(24) hours before departure at an airport ticket office. To allow for added security procedures, non-revs 
must check-in no later than 60 minutes for domestic travel and 90 minutes for international. 
-You may check-in at American's Economy class counter only

--------------------

Does this really mean a separate trip to the airport just to get on the list 24 hours in advance?  Is there no phone contact available for this?  It makes the "service" basically useless unless you want to simply take the chance of checking in just before flight time when you arrive at the airport.

Is there other information buried in Wings on this?

jimntx said:
Well, good luck with that organizing effort.  Considering the crap I have seen agents be given by management at AA, I would have thought they would overwhelmingly vote for a union at the first opportunity.  Yet, in my vast career of 12 years with AA, the agents have rejected representation twice.  They are like the DL f/as.  Everyone agrees that "we need a union, but just not right now."  I know a f/a who has been with DL for almost 40 years, and that is exactly what she said to me.  When I asked her where she got that idea, her answer was (cross my heart and hope to die), "My supervisor."  :lol:

One bright spot, though.  The company has outsourced many (if not all) out station agent jobs to contractors or downgraded the outstation agents to American Eagle so they could pay them less.  Even at the hubs like DFW, the company has put contractors working the counter when passengers use the kiosk for check-in and just need to check a bag. There may not be enough pro-company agents left to defeat the organizing drive this time.
AA Baggage Service Office (BSO) at DCA is outsourced. Those agents have no flight benefits. I can't tell whether or not AA ramp at DCA is outsourced but it looks like contractors drive some of the AA tugs in the bagroom. Definately contractors in red jackets at the AA counter for kiosk checkin and just checking a bag. Noticeable gap in skills/knowlege and noticeable tension between the kiosk/bag check contractors and "real" AA counter agents. Will be interesting to see how the new American sorts this all out in the end.

Reactions: 1 person
nycbusdriver said:

Trying to maneuver the labyrinthine Wings website to find particular information on how a legacy US employee can check-in for a legacy AA flight.

The best I can come with is this blurb published as a PDF the day after the merger:

------------------
Check In
-For space-available (or “standby” or “sub-load”) personal travel, non-revs may check in up to twenty four 
(24) hours before departure at an airport ticket office. To allow for added security procedures, non-revs 
must check-in no later than 60 minutes for domestic travel and 90 minutes for international. 

--------------------

Does this really mean a separate trip to the airport just to get on the list 24 hours in advance?  Is there no phone contact available for this?  It makes the "service" basically useless unless you want to simply take the chance of checking in just before flight time when you arrive at the airport.

This policy is hilarious ..... I bet a few ATO agents start receiving some nice Christmas presents from commuters in exchange for checking them in early over the phone. Heads up company, better put the word out, you can be fired for it. Seniority makes a lot more since, if they truly want to be "fair".   

nycbusdriver said:

------------------
Check In

--------------------

Yes, you must make the trip to the airport if you want to check-in 24hrs in advance and it appears you really have to check-in with a real agent. There's something on wings that says you are expressly forbidden to call AA to list, checkin or check flight loads or else!

That said, here is how to get on an AA plane for free...

US employees must use myIDTravel to 1. purchase the AA ZED and 2. list on AA. Please note that purchasing and listing on AA is a TWO STEP PROCESS in myIDTravel.

The ZED fare is $0 but you will pay the $2 myIDTravel ticketing fee for each ticket (single or multiple leg) purchase transaction (I think up to 8 legs can be purchased in one transaction, but not for sure...). 

Step 1 is to purchase the ZED on myIDTravel (You get a PNR number for that step). Once you have done that you must take Step 2 and go to "Existing Tickets/Book or List for Flgihts" on myIDTravel, retrieve the ticket and then actually list for the AA flight (You get a second PNR number for that step. This is the confirmation number you use at the AA counter).

Now that that is done. Go to the airport AA ticket counter and give real AA agent the second confirmation number. I'm not sure kiosk check-in works, but I could be wrong. (The kiosk contractors cant help you.....) Get your boarding pass from the real AA counter agent and then good luck with FCFS!

Optional: Buy a drink at the restaurant near the gate to celebrate successfully running the gAAuntlet to get on the free flight.

To be fair, I think it is the same rigmarole for legacy AA trying to puchase/list/check-in for legacy US flights...

NYC Bus.... I East legacy flew AA Eagle from Mia to Eyw. Im not sure it makes much difference if you check in or not. You go behind all AA anyway for now. It would only matter if you ran up against another legacy employee. Buying ticket yes buying because my id travel charges like 4 bucks. Its a 2 step process. You choose your destination and book on my id travel. They email you a confirmation code and ticket number. You then go back into my id travel to list by putting the ticket number in. Its the tab at the top just to the right of the booking tab. Then at the airport ticket countet you check in because I needed a boarding pass for my registered guest. At the gate they still had issues..clearing us.. had to get a superior. . But still nice 30 minute flight to eyw instead of 3.5 hour drive

nycbusdriver said:

------------------
Check In

--------------------

https://wings.usairways.com/uswings/travel/interline_zed/pass/aa
14j6u09.jpg

Also keep in mind, on AA, for some reason, we go BEHIND all their Buddy Pass riders and they go AHEAD of all of ours.  I e-mailed the Travel Department multiple times about this and they never understood what I was telling them.  I never got an intelligible response out of them.

I also e-mailed my reps on the issue, but because I didn't put Date of Hire or Hummel Sucks in the e-mail subject, it has been ignored.

Nice to see we're on equal footing from the start.

Reactions: 3 people
nycbusdriver said:

------------------
Check In

--------------------

2dshh7s.jpg

Crash Pad DCA said:

------------------
Check In

--------------------

2dshh7s.jpg

I saw this.  I also saw the informtaion you posted for me previously.  None of it answers my question.

Flyer63 gave me the best response....we go behind all the AA employees anyway, so there is no "rush" to get on the list.

I haven't read all of the cba's language on this, but I'm sure it is something to the effect of 'will board by seniority according to company policy'- what if they changed the policy to a $100 service charge for each leg? I'm sure the doh/fcfs argument will be moot at that point.