Pretzel Obituary

songbirdstew

Senior
Sep 10, 2003
I cannot take credit for writing this....just wanted to pass it along from an e-mail I was forwarded...........

To all US Airways Employees:
As you may have heard, on August 31st another member of the US Airways
family retired. I'm refering to our good friend- Pretzels. Pretzels has
been with US Airways for the past four to five years and will be joining his
cousins 'Peanuts' and 'Hot Meals' in retirement. Though Pretzels tenure at
US Airways has been sometimes salty, sometimes stale, we will miss Pretzels
like a Philadelphia ground delay. Regardless, we as current members of the
US Airways family are confident that wherever Pretzels may end up, he'll be
making more dough than us.

Sincerely,
A. Crumb
Super Supreme Executive Vice President in charge of Infight Snacks and
General Council in charge of Operating an Airline fully for the express
intent to line my own pockets, so there. :up:

Thats too funny.... LOVE IT!
We still had pretzels yesterday, I guess there supposed to be moved to the the first class snack baskets <Grin>
We should really donate all of them to people affected by "katrina" down south.

Does any one know what AWA serves ? Is it pretzels/peanuts or what ? Is this another move to get our ducks in a row with them ?

We had pretzels on the a/c yesterday too but didn't serve them ~~~~~Folks were hungry though and we did them on request....then it was monkey see/monkey do.

Why can't we just serve them until the supply is depleted ? They want to save 1 million per year by not serving them but wanted to give the outgoing execs 50 million....hmmmm, I just don't get it !!!!!

songbirdstew said:
Does any one know what AWA serves ? Is it pretzels/peanuts or what ? Is this another move to get our ducks in a row with them ?

We had pretzels on the a/c yesterday too but didn't serve them ~~~~~Folks were hungry though and we did them on request....then it was monkey see/monkey do.

Why can't we just serve them until the supply is depleted ? They want to save 1 million per year by not serving them but wanted to give the outgoing execs 50 million....hmmmm, I just don't get it !!!!!
[post="295918"][/post]​

Hi songbirdstew!
AWA flight attendant here with the scoop on main cabin "edibles" .
We are still serving peanuts (VERY small bag, smelly when opened) in the main cabin. Also, much to my dismay, still selling sandwiches in main cabin. However, happy to report that most passengers on my flights are bringing their own food (again) because it is cheaper and better-tasting. I am hoping that we get rid of the main cabin peanuts, magazines (there were only 2 on anyway), pillows and blankets (again, not enough to go around which makes the pax a little angry).
Peace! B)

songbirdstew said:

[post="295918"][/post]​

We serve Pretzels and Peanuts. They rotate them every few months and I don't know why people eat them. They are full of hydrogenated oil and salt which makes you fat, farty and bloated. We don't serve those on express flights that are like 45 minute flights. Don't your Gate Agents make announcement about no snacks on the flights? Our Agents make announcements on the ground that there are no snacks on the flight and they are free to grab some at the airport.

At HP, we serve tidbits in coach, one month lightly salted peanuts, the next month mini pretzels, and the third month honey roasted peanuts. They are served on any flight over an hour, and on the longer flights we are generous and give them two small bags of tidbits, pending that we were properly catered.

At HP, we still provide pillows and blankets to our passengers, but we wish they would discontinue them as they are so dirty and unsanitary after one leg.

Still curious as to what sort of onboard products we will be offering as HP serves Pepsi products, US serves Coca Cola products. We still sell BOB (buy on board) meal program.

I await the new procedures for inflight beverage services ...I am sure once the merger that we will keep tidbits...afterall, Southwest still serves them for thier Low fare passengers.

TheNewLowFare said:
I don't know why people eat them. They are full of hydrogenated oil and salt which makes you fat, farty and bloated.

Yep, the extra-generous dozen peanut/half-dozen tiny pretzel serving size will really cause one to balloon out...
<_<

Well I did see that HP has moved in the direction of U. All flights are to be double provisioned out of PHX and LAS. Yesterday there wasnt enough Sodas or Cups on a B757 to even do a full beverage service. Sad

Latest posts

Back