PROTEST APRIL 12TH !

Everyone should work strictly by the book. This is America land of the handouts. Actually I would suggest the pilots and FA's negotiate to sleep while on duty so they are well rested for their layovers. From the time the door closes until it opens at the destination should be considered sleep time. We don't want anyone to have to work at the airline. It's just a charity.
you joke about lack of sleep like it's funny , but when your plane is crashing you'll be yelling out "oh my goodness why is the plane crashing!!!noooooooooo"

Please forgive me if this is off topic, but back when myself & I'm sure many others were hired you almost have to have a degree as myself & my coworkers who have been around have. Now & no offense meant to any one it appears they hire any one walking & breathing.

all right , to all the protest nay sayers , let me lay out the plan for a successful campagin against the company .

Stage one :
1. Rally forces to oppose opponent (popular support)
2. Ensure effective communcation on your side .

Right now before we can even get to a stage two approach , we need to rally our forces , no effective plan can be employyed against the company if you don't have majority backing . That's one of the goals of this protest in my opinion . By organizing it , we will enhance our ablity to comunnicate our ideas and desires amoungst one another ... Then finally once we have the rally , depending on how well it goes , moral for a sustained action against the company can thus be raised , allowing us to proceed from their .
You have to start somewhere , and this is where we need to start .one man cannot take on a corporation , small groups of individuals cannot take on a corporation , but a large group providing a united front CAN take on a coporation .

That's one of the goals of this protest in my opinion . By organizing it , we will enhance our ablity to comunnicate our ideas and desires amoungst one another ...

I have a question. If you want to communicate with one another why do it in a protest rally? Why not meet somewhere else and plan what your goals are how you want to reach them. Marching on corporate HQ to me is mostly symbolic and achieves very little. It also allows corporate to see who is dissenting and who could be targeted for retribution. Just my opinion.... :)

I have a question. If you want to communicate with one another why do it in a protest rally? Why not meet somewhere else and plan what your goals are how you want to reach them. Marching on corporate HQ to me is mostly symbolic and achieves very little. It also allows corporate to see who is dissenting and who could be targeted for retribution. Just my opinion.... :)

Well just the act of organzing the protest is what i was refering to ..Word is quickly spreading at the airport and there's debate on the merits of a protest , but at least there is widespread TALK of actually doing something ... yes the protest is symbolic , that's what protests are suppose to be ... and it achieves ALOT of different things ...

1. Depending on how many protestors come out there is the possiblity for local media coverage ...
2. Common action and cause have a way of uniting people .
3.There will be talk around the water coolers at HQ , and this IS what we want , talk , discussion VISABLITY .

Why look at the pilots , they just had a 75 man protest that made the news , and now a thead has appeared here on our very own forum discussion possible work ACTION .... one thing tends to lead to another ...
As far as retribution goes , none of the people at HQ know who any of us are , and even if they did and were able to SOMEHOW start finding ways to get me in trouble , i can't say i'd lose alot of sleep over the loss of a 10 dollar an hour job ..
The benfits to a protest far out weight the conquences .Futhermore if we DON'T protest then what is the point of "working by the book " at the airport or any other related work action ? It's pointless to do any of these things if managment doesn't know WHY they are being done , if none of us spoke up , they might simply assume that it was just a bad quarter etc...or worse lower managment might simply try and hide the problem from upper mangment saying everything is status quo , this way the ENTIRE company knows there's a problem .

Well said Advanced. We have a few determined fleet workers actually working on retaining a Town Hall with Mr. Parker. We have never had the privilage of a visit from him. Only Scott Kirby came nearly unexpected to give a state of the airline for half an hour an expressed his regret for the AWA members to only receive 7 months of profit sharing during 2006, but inevitably will partake in 100& in 2007. (Aparently we were all here out of town the first 5 months).
I here mentioned that today the company announces a 3% raise to all non union company employees. So, a 9 dollar entry level will now make 9.30 an hour during the next year. Well! I'll fight for my share thru our efforts even if we have to shove the union a bit too.

Well said Advanced. We have a few determined fleet workers actually working on retaining a Town Hall with Mr. Parker. We have never had the privilage of a visit from him. Only Scott Kirby came nearly unexpected to give a state of the airline for half an hour an expressed his regret for the AWA members to only receive 7 months of profit sharing during 2006, but inevitably will partake in 100& in 2007. (Aparently we were all here out of town the first 5 months).
I here mentioned that today the company announces a 3% raise to all non union company employees. So, a 9 dollar entry level will now make 9.30 an hour during the next year. Well! I'll fight for my share thru our efforts even if we have to shove the union a bit too.

Here's another BEEF! In another Machanic thread, Fleet agents in TPA, and IND and another,I forgot, are now BREAKRIDERS! Boy, that is what I said I would accomplish in the end and go out singing if a single 65 point ramper could only pretend to steer a 57 into the gate in PHX. Hey! I'm not that big a thrill seeker. But, thruth be, that woulda ended my term. That was strickly Mechanics. But the guys were willing to pull it off. Love those guys!
Now, the company can't find the capable above board Mechanic that wants to work for 1997 wages. Us airways is struggling to find mechanics frest out of school. Hey, we talk in Phoenix. Now, I might get my chance, but not at these wages. I'll go learn to skydive maybe. Picket! April 12.

How bout a walkout and protest. If that could be organized throughout most of the hubs and stations. Even for just a day would cost the company serious $$$. And if it was big enough like I mention, the company has their hands tied. They couldnt terminate that many people and find replacements right away. That would definately get some coverage. Good luck to you guys! :rant:

Kirby came to the PHX ramp breakroom twice in the past month. He alloted 1/2 hr to allow for 'communication'. I was at the first meeting he had there. In the end, he tried to acknowledge Fleet frustration, but I also got the impression that he is fully aware that our workgroup is getting screwed and that's it. Almost like, "somebody's gotta get screwed, might as well be your work goup since your the lowest paid group out there."

You see, it is not in senior mgmt's intention to appease our work group, and by showing up for 1/2 to listen to the venting, is hardly a reasonable gesture. It is as clear as a bell that they are comfortable with the unfairness that they are fully aware of. That is why it is time to stand up this b/s! The more protests, the more people, the more unity develops hopefully. Mgmt. does not want people protesting/picketing in front of HQ on a regular basis...it would ruin their idea of this merger being a sucess... If they fail to ackowledge the presence, at the very least it will draw bad publicity from media and people will realize that this company is doing a piss poor job of taking care of their employees.

(Wife typing here...)

Bagchucker...if we still lived up there in the Valley I'd sure join you. As a former CSA/CSS up there in Phoenix I still feel as if the Teamsters rolled over and played dead rather than fighting for both the HP/US employees. In other words, the company got EXACTLY what they wanted out of that.

Fleet has the dirtiest, hottest/coldest, unthankful job out there and they deserve pay equal to what their counterparts on the East side get. It's complete and utter crap that there's seemingly not even a plan to right that situation yet.

Good luck!

Latest posts