QIK /SHARES migration

You have got to be kidding me!

No, the kiosks will better tomorrow. Why would I kid you?

Do you homework please and stop drinking the koolaide.
What? The kiosks won't be better tomorrow than they were last week? How do you know that?

...within 3 weeks of cutover from Pacer to Sabre, we were rolling along just fine. They STILL have not fixed this sh!t. Parker and Kirby (who worked for Sabre) KNEW they made a mistake staying with this system. Our old kiosks worked just fine. They money this company has lost because of our inempt management and this crap computer system along with pissing off our passengers far excedes the money we so called "saved" with this system.

I guess. I'm not sure. Whatever you say. Probably best to let upper management defend any of that. Not me though.

I just wanted to report to the agents that the kiosks will be fixed tomorrow.
Then something about drinking the kool-aid. Not sure I deserved that for reporting the state of the kiosks.
I think I deserve an apology.

Ha ha ha, what fun.

No, the kiosks will better tomorrow. Why would I kid you?
What? The kiosks won't be better tomorrow than they were last week? How do you know that?

OK, fixed as in doing move ups and many other things correctly that have been sent in on QIKFIXes, or fixed as in not doing what it was doing 10 days ago before I left on vacation fixed? I'm not getting my hopes up because I have a feeling its the not running slow and not working like it was 10 days ago part and not any major improvement to it. Surprise me! :shock:

And now comes word that frontline users lose access to native DECS. DECS will now be accessed via QIK! Wanna bet that OCC will still able to use the native system? But "surely" IT has learned from any mistakes and the transition to QIK/DECs will be smooth as silk. And everthing that DECS has will be avalable in via QIK with sundry "CTL this F that" handy dandy keystrokes.

On the QIK/SHARES front, the June enhancements promise some much needed improvements (along with some functions that SABRE had). Lets all hope they will work as advertised.
But I fear it will be more lipstick on the proverbial big. (Sorry PHX___IT) :)

Any word on getting the kiosks to quit checking in people on flights that are running late and going to misconx?

Also got a double bonus super duper jackpot tonight. A busy, busy, busy, then a qarun(sp?) error on the same machine! 7-7-7 Better than hitting it big in Vegas, baby.
Of course I was only in the middle of working a canx DCA flight, 2 delayed CLT and a delayed PHL flight when I hit it big. Yep, things just keep on getting better! :mf_boff:

Any word on getting the kiosks to quit checking in people on flights that are running late and going to misconx?

:shock: Come on, patience is a virtue. It's only been 14 1/2 months for goodness sake!

after all that time we are still---->

Also got a double bonus super duper jackpot tonight. A busy, busy, busy, then a qarun(sp?) error on the same machine! 7-7-7 Better than hitting it big in Vegas, baby.
Of course I was only in the middle of working a canx DCA flight, 2 delayed CLT and a delayed PHL flight when I hit it big. Yep, things just keep on getting better! :mf_boff:

Tad, isn't that a 6-6-6? :shock:

Then something about drinking the kool-aid. Not sure I deserved that for reporting the state of the kiosks.
I think I deserve an apology.

Ha ha ha, what fun.

This is EXACTLY what PB has been talking about. You qualify to be in management since you seem to know how to OVER-promise and UNDER-deliver. See the posts following yours for the field reports on the "fixed" kiosks. Not!

The kiosk has that functionality to book misconx to a later flight.
It has to be turned on by the airport manager though and I suspect that the aitport manager doesn't know about that feature. We need more training.
I checked out who is using it and it turns out that no one is using it. What a shame.

No kiosks today have locked up and are "fixed". "Fixed" as in not locking up.

Unless the responses are mature and civil, there won't be anymore replies.

The kiosk has that functionality to book misconx to a later flight.
It has to be turned on by the airport manager though and I suspect that the aitport manager doesn't know about that feature. We need more training.
I checked out who is using it and it turns out that no one is using it. What a shame.
You can blame corporate for not getting word out.

No kiosks today have locked up and are "fixed". "Fixed" as in not locking up.

"You can blame corporate for not getting word out." Ummm...errr...isn't it at least somewhat incumbent upon the producer of the product = IT, to "get the word out" when changes are made? :rolleyes:

"I checked out who is using it and it turns out that no one is using it." ...and...the phone lines/fax/emails are all too tied up at IT for anyone to explain/direct/etc...rather than just "check"..determine that "no one is using it"..and then just forget about it? No offence meant but; what exactly is it that you guys/your dept, actually get paid to do?

Regardless: I'm quite sure that all do appreciate ANY improvements directed towards mitigating any aspects of the wholesale disaster of Shares/etc though.

Seems kinda strange you would leave it up to each individual airport to turn those options on or off??? I would imagine that most of those choices you would want standard system wide? So shouldn't the software updates or kiosk updates have a standard set when sent out to the hundreds/thousands are out there, so that no matter where a customer checks in, it's seemless, whether it's in NY or LGW? strange.

Seems kinda strange you would leave it up to each individual airport to turn those options on or off??? I would imagine that most of those choices you would want standard system wide? So shouldn't the software updates or kiosk updates have a standard set when sent out to the hundreds/thousands are out there, so that no matter where a customer checks in, it's seemless, whether it's in NY or LGW? strange.
How about letting the Hub cities AKA "dump stations" make that decision. Frankly, I'm getting sick of obnoxious misx that get sent in vain

Well i would imagine, that the option to rebook late, or cnxld pax on the next US flight, would actually look at their ultimate destination, and not just one leg. I.E. someone going Int'l, has first leg TPA-clt cnxld, when they try the kiosk, it would attempt to see if the next flight would still give them the connection needed to get to final destination. If not, kiosk would kick 'em out and make them see an agent. If these things aren't doing that...someone should be hung......

Well i would imagine, that the option to rebook late, or cnxld pax on the next US flight, would actually look at their ultimate destination, and not just one leg. I.E. someone going Int'l, has first leg TPA-clt cnxld, when they try the kiosk, it would attempt to see if the next flight would still give them the connection needed to get to final destination. If not, kiosk would kick 'em out and make them see an agent. If these things aren't doing that...someone should be hung......

You would think that a passenger would do that wouldn't you? However, yesterday at STL we had a woman raising hell at the gate because she was going to have to go outside security to baggage claim to retrieve her bag and check it to her final destination. She had just come in from SFO and was on the way to SPI. At SFO, she had to gate check her bag because it was too large. When the agent asked her destination, she answered "St. Louis." (Her excuse: "Well, that's where I was going on this flight.") Somehow it was American Airlines fault that the agent didn't know that out of 185 passengers, she was the one connecting to Springfield, IL.

You would think that a passenger would do that wouldn't you? However, yesterday at STL we had a woman raising hell at the gate because she was going to have to go outside security to baggage claim to retrieve her bag and check it to her final destination. She had just come in from SFO and was on the way to SPI. At SFO, she had to gate check her bag because it was too large. When the agent asked her destination, she answered "St. Louis." (Her excuse: "Well, that's where I was going on this flight.") Somehow it was American Airlines fault that the agent didn't know that out of 185 passengers, she was the one connecting to Springfield, IL.

That doesn't make any sense because AA uses SABRE and SABRE would have recognized the conx IF it was in the reservation. ex:

pax is on flt 123 from clt dfw and then 345 dfw lax
g-123-pax*bt/1

the bagtag would have generated DFW / LAX , if it didn't , the reservation wasn't ticketed correctly

That doesn't make any sense because AA uses SABRE and SABRE would have recognized the conx IF it was in the reservation. ex:

pax is on flt 123 from clt dfw and then 345 dfw lax
g-123-pax*bt/1

the bagtag would have generated DFW / LAX , if it didn't , the reservation wasn't ticketed correctly

I'm talking about on the jetbridge with 2 minutes to get the door closed. She was allowed to bring that "steamer trunk" :lol: down to the a/c. Then when it would not fit, they were checking it on the jetbridge with handwritten claim checks. No computer there to check her actual destination. Have to take the passenger's word for where they were going.

So, when she got to STL to make her connection to SPI, she expected someone from AA to go out to baggage claim, identify which bag was hers, and get it re-checked to SPI.

Back