QIK /SHARES migration

QIK will only support a fraction of DECs in the near future and plans to implement much more are still very far off.
In other words I think native DECs will be around for a while.

I hope you are right, what is being communicated at the station level (at one station, at least) is that
there will not be be access to native DECS starting sometime in the third quarter. And it is not surprising that QIK will not support much of what DECS can do, just as it does not support much of what native SHARES can do. In any event, I would expect that important departments such as OCC and Tempe will be still able to go native in DECS, just as they can in SHARES.

Hopefully they will not go to cutover, with "wether it works or not." mentality, like they did with CS cutover,. If that is the case, SELL, SELL, SELL.
LCC is definatly finished.

We got the upline flight sometime in the past week while I was on vacation! :up:

Some of the June "enhancements" look good too. Lets all keep our fingers crossed for this months releases to work......

Does this mean someone in Tempe IT has learned the definition of "Beta test"? Perhaps miracles do happen. :rolleyes:
I don't know if this is on topic or not, but why is this in my i-learning? I thought we had a BETA test?

205cz6r.jpg

Was at an Alaska Airlines location the other day, seeing how much faster Sabre spits out a boarding pass made me remember how even such a simple transaction is faster in that system than in QIK/SHARES. It made me wonder if anyone ever did a quantitative analysis of transaction time - both in terms of user input and response time from the system. Actually, I only wondered for about two seconds before deciding that no such study was done.

Was at an Alaska Airlines location the other day, seeing how much faster Sabre spits out a boarding pass made me remember how even such a simple transaction is faster in that system than in QIK/SHARES. It made me wonder if anyone ever did a quantitative analysis of transaction time - both in terms of user input and response time from the system. Actually, I only wondered for about two seconds before deciding that no such study was done.
I know. I flew on Alaska Airlines last week and I just wanted to jump behind the counter to use Sabre. I remember the days I could do my job and do it well.

DCMS, to actually think about doing a "quantitative analysis" means that someone had to learn about it in MBA school. Sadly, those at Tempe were asleep or hungover that day. :eek:

Wonder how much we're losing a day because someone programmed OAL ticket stock issued tickets as being exempt from having to pay for a second bag? If being able to quickly reprogram and change QIK was one reason we kept it, how come these customers are still exempt almost 3 weeks after the new charges went into effect? I would think that knowing that revenue is being left on the table would mean that even a special QIKFIX upload would be done asap instead of waiting until the next months scheduled upload. Now tell me again why we're going to lose (so much) money this quarter? :down: :blink:

Oh well , with the UAL deal now apparently DOA , we are still stuck with the POS qik/shares for the forseeable future . The inability for this system to do the job will be part of our undoing along with gross incompetence from the executive suite . When a VP admits in an employee meeting that our res system is terrible that doesn't instill a feeling of confidence in our pathetic IT dept. Everything done on the cheap rather than done well and correctly. A concept that is lost on Tempe. There is no such thing as excellence from Tempe only mediocrity.

The new standby functions are great. Finally able to clear to specific seats. Also some of the new lists are a big help, like all/etno.

When we checked in at TPA yesterday, the agent commented that the latest changes were a big improvement.

The agents out at the gate deserve a lot of credit for the way they handled a flight to PHL that was being delayed almost 90 minutes due to air traffic in PHL caused by weather. In the end there was a much earlier departure that was only a few minutes later than originally scheduled due to the number of international connections on the TPA-PHL flight. Before the clearance was received, the agents gave frequent updates to waiting passengers, advising us that the hold could be lifted at any time and not to go far from the gate.

Latest posts

Back