QIK /SHARES migration

my favorite recent QIK quirk was when I had a FAM come up to my gate overbooked in F....so I had to downgrade someone and assign the FAM the F seat....sounds simple doesnt it??? Well 500 keystrokes later QIK just would not assign the seat that was showing in the seat map to the FAM.

Instead it would put him on the standby list and change his booking to Y :shock: So I finally after three tries I told the Fam to just sit in the seat and blocked it in the seat map.

Then I said this is ridiculous why I is it not doing what I ask....so I called our fabulous help desk and actually got someone on the line....she tells me to call inventory .I said I dont have to , its available after a couple more back and forths she said ok then have a nice day and hung up on me!!

Quite a helpful help desk we have

Does anyone remember GA1#F/1A

DONE ONE ENTRY 8 CHARATERS....NOW THATS AN EFFICIENT RES SYSTEM

I figure Us owes me at a couple months cell phone bills.....since we dont have phones at some of our gates if we need to call the twr or a supv we have to use our cell phone!!

Good luck with that. I would go for the write off. Actually you are facilitating irresponsible actions on behalf of the management at your facility. The tools you need to do your job are not being provided. They should pay, but, Im sure they wont.
I have a suggestion, leave your cell in your car, if you cannot contact the people you need to, due to inadiquate facilities, then let it lay. It is not your problem. Explain your situation to who you need to, and hope for the best. That is all you can expect from this outfit.

Or how about the time a CLT flight downsized from a 767 to a 757. Approx. 15 preferred passengers were upgraded to first class on the 767. After the downsize to 8 first class seats, shares would not re accom due to overbooking in coach. YEP, you guessed right, all 15 preferred were bounced off the flight and the cops were called. Flight must go out on time, who cares about the preferred. Total chaos and embarrassment as managers hid in their offices to leave it to the agents. Just another glorious shares saga.

Good luck with that. I would go for the write off. Actually you are facilitating irresponsible actions on behalf of the management at your facility. The tools you need to do your job are not being provided. They should pay, but, Im sure they wont.
I have a suggestion, leave your cell in your car, if you cannot contact the people you need to, due to inadiquate facilities, then let it lay. It is not your problem. Explain your situation to who you need to, and hope for the best. That is all you can expect from this outfit.

Sadly, the thing US is most proficient at is training employees to let the train wreck happen.

Most employees have knocked their brains out to provide the service levels of yesteryear. The company counts on it and IMV, US employees have kept the airline operational when the leadership would have augered in.

After a while, and it varies among employees, nearly everyone figures "screw that" and lets the company get what they pay for.

Most employees have knocked their brains out to provide the service levels of yesteryear. The company counts on it and IMV, US employees have kept the airline operational when the leadership would have augered in.
My observation also.

I would only add that the employees can do something about that, should they choose.

Funny QIK fix item of the day from the QIX fix DRS page:

"Tried to enroll pax in DM, got mesg that Raleigh is not in North Carolina". <_<

Hey, a few months ago there was a QIK fix report that MGM was showing the wrong time zone. And it can't print state codes for dupe city names (JAX/OAJ CHS/CRW PGV/GSP ). Maybe its time
that QIK gets a geography lesson.

Funny QIK fix item of the day from the QIX fix DRS page:
:lol:
"Tried to enroll pax in DM, got mesg that Raleigh is not in North Carolina". <_<

Hey, a few months ago there was a QIK fix report that MGM was showing the wrong time zone. And it can't print state codes for dupe city names (JAX/OAJ CHS/CRW PGV/GSP ). Maybe its time
that QIK gets a geography lesson.

I had an enrollment like that last year....QIK insisted Myrtle Beach was in Canada???? I thought they fixed that already. I just did one for an address in Germany. I hope it got it right because it still isn't set up for intl addresses......remember Sabre would ask first for the country and then give you the screen for the address...if it was intl it was set up for an intl address.......ahhhhhh the good old days

remember Sabre would ask first for the country and then give you the screen for the address...if it was intl it was set up for an intl address.......ahhhhhh the good old days

Now, I don't expect that QIK will ever have the three or four pages of titles/honorifics that Sabre' DM enrolment had (remember "Right Hnorable" and the like?) but it might be a good idea to be able to add an international phone number format. The fix for that, per help desk:
Enroll the customer without the phn nbr and tell him to e-mail the phone number so the DM dept can add the number late :blink: :rolleyes:

On today's QIK Fix page there was yet another question of when QIK will able to generate bags tags with more thah three segments. The answer - yet again - was "it's on the list".
(Funny how CO SHARES can do that). In the meantime I guess agents will have to keep writing manual bags tags. Those flimsy ones. Of course they only have room for three flights as well, so they have to bae stapled together...making then even flimsier.

Another question was whatever happened the "Weekly Opertional Wire" briefing. (I think it ran once back in September or so). The question has been forwarded to the Airport Operations folks

Finally a working update/enhancement. Flifo now has upline flts and even has ac numbers for RP aircraft. Now if they could get the delay reasons for upline flights to stay in after the flight leaves.

F11..F11..F11

I agree with Crusher...This system is beyond words. Sabre was a superior product.

Doug and the IT department should be fired.

Good Day All !

I am with IT and when you have a clue what your taking about come over and do some programing for us. There was much research done on the pluses and minuses between SABRE and SHARES. I came from the "East" and you do not know the extensive testing and process evaluations that IT went through to make the decision for SHARES/QIK. I had to be convinced too. My wife is a front line trainer for QIK at ATOs and she says the main issue is the connection between the keyboard and the passenger. (If you don't get that it is the Agent using QIK) Everyone is so bull headed to change, to accept something new and to just get on with your job. Do you love your job? Do you like working for THIS airline? If YES, then you need to accept the change the way they are and do the best job you can do. If NO, then we really do not want you as an employee with US Air and PLEASE find reemployment somewhere you will be happy and there is no change.

You maybe able to tell, I'm sick of people complaining, not accepting and not doing their job. I hear you, "I need the tools to do my job right." Use the tools you are given, serve the customer to the best of your ability with those tools and it will work out.

Good Day All !

I am with IT and when you have a clue what your taking about come over and do some programing for us. There was much research done on the pluses and minuses between SABRE and SHARES. I came from the "East" and you do not know the extensive testing and process evaluations that IT went through to make the decision for SHARES/QIK. I had to be convinced too. My wife is a front line trainer for QIK at ATOs and she says the main issue is the connection between the keyboard and the passenger. (If you don't get that it is the Agent using QIK) Everyone is so bull headed to change, to accept something new and to just get on with your job. Do you love your job? Do you like working for THIS airline? If YES, then you need to accept the change the way they are and do the best job you can do. If NO, then we really do not want you as an employee with US Air and PLEASE find reemployment somewhere you will be happy and there is no change.

You maybe able to tell, I'm sick of people complaining, not accepting and not doing their job. I hear you, "I need the tools to do my job right." Use the tools you are given, serve the customer to the best of your ability with those tools and it will work out.

The pages and pages of this thread have much to do with the half-a$$ tools they are given and not the unwillingness to do a good job.
Will someone PLEASE admit that this whole res system initiative has been a debacle? I understand your defensiveness but I do not agree with your view of the situation.
Resistance to change may also have something to do with the poor training given. Dougie is getting what he wants, a cheap, no initiative, disposable, ego-centric workforce with absolutely no loyalty to the company because that's what they perceive THEIR value to the company is. Ergo, the employees (all of us grunts AND our passengers) suffer.
Do I like my job? I like what my job is supposed to be and trying to accept what it has turned into. Do I want to be an employee of US Airways? I don't know anymore. I can tell you that it will be USAirways' loss when I and my talented co-workers finally give up the dream and just go quietly away.

Sadly Diogenes I must agree. Much of the workforce is now of the "Dead Man Walking" variety and truth is they don't get that way by themselves.

Leadership or the lack thereof is usually the key ingredient that lifts the workforce up or tears it down.

US Airways biggest cost saving tool is available daily and goes unused and that is the 35,000 plus employees, Treated and motivated properly they would treat the company's money as if it were their own.

It's a funny thing! When you treat employees with dignity and respect you get it in return and the results flow right to the bottom line.

Hi Piney,

Where does motivation come from? I'm afraid your sorely mistaken, TRUE motivation come from within! If you have to have someone always encourage you, pamper or coddle you PLEASE FIND ANOTHER JOB WITH ANOTHER COMPANY! The spirit of service to a job or company needs to come from within YOU! Not a MGR, VP or CEO. Do you believe your "entitled" to this job or better treatment because you have worked so long for this company? Please, get a clue. Between my wife and I we have almost 40 years in various airlines leading into US Airways and there are way to many people thinking they are entitled to their job and refuse to accept change and do their job to the best of their ability no matter what the conditions maybe. I've had to move my family to keep my position and would do so again, I love working for this airline and if you do not LOVE what you do PLEASE go do something else!

Latest posts