Question about Delta non rev policy

CAETravlr

Aug 20, 2002
Hi all,
I am not trying to point fingers or get anyone in trouble, but I saw something that I thought was very interesting, and that I thought I would never see happen on a flight. I was flying this past Friday morning from CAE - ATL on an ASA Delta Connection flight, and it appears that the flight was oversold. They were asking for volunteers to take a later flight, etc, etc... What I found odd was that one person sitting near me had just worked the boarding process of the flight. She is actually the one that took my gate checked carry on bag, but she was on the flight to ATL. No one volunteered to take a later flight, and they actually came and GOT SOMEONE OFF OF THE PLANE, but the employee was still on there. I know there are certain situations where an employee can fly positive space as if they were a revenue customer, but I also believe that the airlines try to minimize this. I have never been kicked off of a flight, and likely never will be due to my status as a FF. However, it did kind of irk me to see a passenger taken OFF of a plane, while the employee was still on the aircraft. However, there may have been extenuating circumstances, and I don''t know the situation, it is just a curiosity thing for me.
I am not trying to ruffle any feathers or anything like that, I am just very curious as to what kind of situations would allow something like that to happen.
Thanks,
CAETravlr

Airlines need to move employees all the time. Company meetings, business, Dead heading crews to be in position to work other flights. No conspiracy here, just the cost of doing business.
BOBO