Ramp Rat Voting results second update

Darie,
How does crow taste?

Since you now have had a full serving!

The IAM with Placid Harbor in coordination with The George Meany Center offers college degree programs.

Graduation

National Labor College Honors IAM Graduates
Twenty IAM members recently earned Bachelor of Arts degrees and one received a Master’s degree through the AFL-CIO’s National Labor College (NLC) in Silver Spring, MD. Sixteen IAM graduates were on hand at the College’s graduation ceremony that honored more than 100 union members.

“We’re proud of these IAM graduates. They’ve worked hard to earn their degrees,†said IAM Headquarters GVP Rich Michalski, who represen ted the IAM at the ceremony along with Winpisinger Director Chris Wagoner and Educational Representative Charlie Micallef. “The National Labor College is a great opportunity for union members to finish their college education. And with the additional benefits provided by our Winpisinger Center, IAM members have greater flexibility when it comes to getting a degree,†said Michalski.

The NLC is the nation’s only union-based college. Union members can earn their college degree in a program that balances the needs between work, family and study by combining online course work and periods of on-campus study at the college. IAM members have an added advantage because the NLC coordinates their program with the IAM’s William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center, allowing IAM students to use the Center to complete part of their course work. Also, many of the Winpisinger Center programs are now accredi ted and can be used for college-degree programs.

For information about earning a college degree through the National Labor College, contact Charlie Micallef at 301-373-3300.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

And add AGC Pat Flynn to those having a college degree, come on timmy you can do better!

Darie,
How does crow taste?

The IAM with Placid Harbor in coordination with The George Meany Center offers college degree programs.

Graduation

And add AGC Pat Flynn to those having a college degree, come on timmy you can do better!
I wasn't talking about alternative educations like Placid Harbor, University of Phoenix, daddy day care, etc. I'm sure all offer degrees or even certificates in changing baby doo doo.

At any rate, both Flynn and Rusk are fine witnesses to the IAM educational programming and it sounds like you spent a great deal of time there also. I mean, when I read Piney Bob's comments I can tell he understands things and can engage in conversation, debate, etc. Unlike Piney Bob, you are classic.

700, do you think the wimpy center can start offering one freakn math course??? These guys are killing us!!!

regards,

Hey! We out West are again fed up with the results of the Legacy Airline that about went Belly Up! America West Was a great airline and please remember you guys in the East lived on better wages for the last 20 years because they surmise that out west we have a lower Cost of Living. Well, it ain't so. So remember, you ALL put US in a real nice PICKLE. And, again we will All out West be working Two jobs and constantly working 16 hour doubles to make us for your LOUSY 17.50+. Thanks, I can hardly wait (which many of us probably can't wait for) the next 6 months and higher insurance without the raises. So, quit GLOATING! Just hope the Government will get the process done before too long. Boy I for one wish we never set eyes on US Airways!
How much was your raise? Weren't you loosing profit sharing? If it weren't for the TOTAL INCOMPTENCE of this management team that...GUESS WHAT?? Came from YOUR ranks..we wouldn't be arguing about east, east, north, south, or any other BS!!! It IS what it is and right now the NEW America West SUCKS!! It ISN'T US Airways and I refuse to sit back and watch the likes of people like you AGAIN put blame on the East employees that REFUSE TO SUPPLEMENT POOR MANAGEMENT DECISIONS, PA/MA KETTLE FARES, AND WEINNIES LIKE YOU WHO DON'T WANT TO FACE THE FACT THAT WE WILL MAKE OVER A BILLION DOLLAR PROFIT AND ARE WILLING TO SETTLE FOR PAUPER INCREASES!!!!

The industry is watching!! We were the first to roll over and sacrifice...YES MF..SACRIFICE..for this company and we are the first to say NO MORE!! There is a collective applause from our fellow Ch 11 and legacies that have given but NOT gone ch 11 across this country as they cry out and say ENOUGH!!! I PROMISE you will see the same with the F/A's.

I am proud of fleet. The industry is watching! You have won the first battle against coorperate terroism!! :up: :up: :up:

Darie,
How does crow taste?

Graduation

Clueless as always. You previously stated that Rusk received a degree from the George Meany Center/Placid Harbor. There is no such animal. The Meany Center is the location of the National Labor College, where Rusk presumably earned his degree. The text that you posted states that the Wimpisinger Center in Placid Harbor coordinates with the NLC so that students can complete part of their course work there.

As I correctly stated, the Wimpisinger Center offers credit courses but no degrees. The IAM does not offer degree programs, got it? It is the NLC that offers the degree program. The NLC accepts some accredited courses from Placid Harbor. In a lame attempt to cloud the issue, your basic disengenuousness comes through with this convoluted statement:

What if Rusk took courses at Beaver County Community and then transferred to Harvard. If Harvard accepted the credits already earned by Rusk, does that mean he received a bachelors degree from Harvard University/Beaver? Must be, but I've never heard of that institution.

By the way, the graduation article and photo you linked to took place at the NLC, which is also the institution conferring the degree. Thank goodness this company never trusted you with anything more important than dumping lavs or stocking light bulbs.

Don't let the facts get in your way?
More than a bozo!

By the way, can you give us an update on how those Cuban overfly permits are working on the Florida-Cancun flights?

LCC you are the best and so right,the battle is on. :up: :up: :up:

And do you have the stomach for the fight ? By voting this down you’ve taken us in the west who wanted an end to the insanity and thrown us into the pit with this company , now we’re going to have to fight it out … Are you truly ready ? Or are all of you content to sit home, cry and beat your chests online !? I hear a lot of talk about “waiting until 2009†bla bla bla …. There will be NO waiting , by accepting the mentality of submission I.E waiting , you doom yourselves … besides as many have already mentioned this company is making money hand over first , NOW is the time to get a good TA , not 2 years from now when factors may change .

Take a moment and remember everything this company has done to you , those of you on the west , have you enjoyed working in 100 plus temperatures for the last 29 days!!!!! Does that Gatorade make everything better? Does it help when you get home after an unbearable days work in the sun with your bills that keep piling up , ? When you lay down at night , does the sunburn feel good ?

To those of you in the east , ah I bet you must love working in subzero conditions in the winter for a pittance , Did you enjoy getting not one but TWO bankruptcies shoved up your ass ? It must have given you a warm feeling inside to have to vote your brothers out of jobs …. And let’s not forget subjugating your field stations to class two status , wasn’t that nice of your company , which is now making HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS off of YOUR give backs, but don’t worry I bet Doug parker sheds a tear for you and your families around Christmas time , if your lucky maybe he’ll leave his mansion up in north Scottsdale fly over to PHL and donate some food so you can feed your children .

Do you feel that feeling deep down inside of you , gnawing at you , do feel that urge to let it out of you ……..stop repressing your rage , embrace it .

Drink hateraide ! Mmmm mmm good ! :angry:

Just a "friendly" reminder--keep this one on topic and refrain from personal insults/attacks.

Just a "friendly" reminder--keep this one on topic and refrain from personal insults/attacks.

sorry , my response was not ment to be a personl attack on all strike .

Can i launch personal attacks on doug parker or is that a no no ?

:lol:

Freedom,

You are dead on with your read on needing to think out of the box. My interpretation of Tims suggestions is a Manifesto of change.
We fellow Fleet Service workers cannot succeed divided. I think Tim is offering no more than to create a uniting point.
Using this forum to reveal strategies for this change would be foolish. The Company and The IAM will never use this forum to
inform us of their intentions. And we have to be smart enough to be able to play on their field.

Hey red eye , yes i agree with you , we do need new thinking , but upon closer inspection of your post i noticed that one statement of yours , i highlighted it . i take it that you mean we should form a shadow union or message group . What you and others chose to do is ultimately your business . But a word of caution , never EVER reveal your actual identity on this board or to anyone you don't already personally know face to face . If the company were to actually find out who we were , we can have nothing but a speedy termination to look forward too ,Furthermore if your thinking about starting another group out of the us aviation board it wouldn’t strike me as being all that hard to infiltrate your group and find out just what it is your trying to accomplish . ( I don’t mean me , but a determined nosey person ) well best of luck to you!

Do you feel that feeling deep down inside of you , gnawing at you , do feel that urge to let it out of you ……..stop repressing your rage , embrace it .

Drink hateraide ! Mmmm mmm good ! :angry:

Hi Freedom

Let me tell you ...as a f/a..my history. Love it or hate it, this is my record. I have never...again NEVER voted against a contract. I always wanted to save the company I work for. Since 1989 I have voted to sacrifice believing that this company was worth fighting and sacrificing for. I have been here for 20 years. At 6 years, I made MORE and my senority was worth MORE. For the last 10 years I have made $10,000...YES $10.000 less. My senority went from 4400/11000 to 2700 out 7000. I am going backwards...not forward. I love my job amd only wanted to survive....

BUT...This is the problem.... No matter what, it is NEVER enough!! In two yearr, this management team cannot make simple decisions, yet the BOD seem to have blind faith in them. Well sorry, but I DONT!! After merger, I was excited, believing that this management team REALLY cared. They talked alot of good BS, but never delivered. They continue to make broken promises. If the company cannot make as simple a decision than when to put glassware back on the East flights (one year promised and overdue), how am I to believe them to make MAJOR decisions?

In our industry, we have watched the common worker subsidize (as well as the biz traveler) low fares and management bonuses based on performance that is money based and not performance based. No matter how wonderful a job you or I do, we STILL are told to not expect much while management continues to make money because they have bareboned the industry to nil.

It has finally dawned on me that the ONLY way management gets it is when they suffer financially..whether that is from employee or customer. Delta has come out of Ch 11 and realizes t hey must improve morale. We continue to place our employees in fear as upper management lives VERY comfortable lives. If anyone on in PHX is STILL buying into the "our town is a lowewr cost of living", well I have a great therapist for you.

I have had ENOUGH!!! I have saved this company THOUSANDS!!! NO MORE!!!! I will give NOTHING back and will not vote yes to ANYTHING without a 5% increase. I no longer fear life after US Airway or America whatever!!

Actually the ramp is doing the job utility shared for receipt and dispatch.So who used who,maint no longer does that job. :down:

Actually receipt and dispatch were jobs we were doing before and then they were taken away and given to utility and maint. IMO.. The purpose of this was to have more union dues from utility and maint. Sometime recently those were given back so they could lay off the utility workers. Eventually maint was taken off of the push backs and the complete receipt and dispatch was the rampers duty.

Actually receipt and dispatch were jobs we were doing before and then they were taken away and given to utility and maint. IMO.. The purpose of this was to have more union dues from utility and maint. Sometime recently those were given back so they could lay off the utility workers. Eventually maint was taken off of the push backs and the complete receipt and dispatch was the rampers duty.
I remember doing doing it back in 1990 when did maint get them.I wasnt aware the ramp had them before maint,this is funny. :up: :up: :up: